hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 979 of 1029 FirstFirst ... 479879929969976977978979980981982989 ... LastLast
Results 19,561 to 19,580 of 20569

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #19561
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    Having children? In this economy?!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  2. #19562

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I also made the very green lifestyle choice to have dead grandparents
    No troll; the greenest choice any human can make is to not have any children.

    Yes troll; it is also a hilarious argument to bring up with your vegan/eco friends who have just started a family and explain how you are just climate compensating for your meat eating and international travel.
    You mean those eXtinction rebellion vegans with 3 or 4 kids? Yup i have some friends like that. They hate that argument but fault me for ditching being a vegetarian after 11 years. I fail the purity test they dont
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  3. #19563
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    789
    Weird how y'all complain about anti-vacc'ers. Rampant COVID and lockdowns while we develop green tech are good for the environment and the best hope for avoiding the global meltdown in 2040.

  4. #19564
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    15,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    There is no measure too small that its not worth it.
    TIL Lall is vegan
    I didnt say I wasnt a hypocrite. Something can be worth it and you still dont choose to do it
    Agree but there comes a point where it isn't a choice. Old people turning off their heating in the winter because they can't afford high fuel prices only looks like a choice to the most callous libertarians imaginable.

    You know this but maybe others don't, fuel is produced in such vast quantifiers from such cheap materials that pricing it on the thin edge between life and death for the vulnerable is very much a choice.
    We are energy gluttons tho. From the standby light on your TV to highway road lights on full blast at 3:00, fully illuminated shops at night etc etc. Also 60% of my KwH or gas price in NL is tax in one form or another.
    By all means we should reduce consumption individually but it isn't going to happen. Energy demand will only increase, I doubt there's any serious economist anywhere who thinks it will go anywhere but up all over the world for the foreseeable future.

    Energy has to be produced in large amounts. I don't think any green transition is possible without making green energy so cheap that it would be stupid not to use it.

    Achieving cheaper green energy by raising the price of carbon is pissing your pants to keep warm for green politics. People will only vote for things they think they'll benefit from and cheaper energy is the lowest of all possible denominators.
    While i wholly agree. In the EU (from the top) the message is slowly being trickled that a 'individual energy budget' is in the works. Early days but most certainly getting messages out there. This is from snippets voiced by Timmermans the EU green deal tzar who nobody voted for and i am ashamed to say is Dutch plus completely detached from reality.
    stopping climate change, peak neoliberal edition.

    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  5. #19565
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    "individual energy budget" isn't what it sounds like right? R-right?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  6. #19566
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    "individual energy budget" isn't what it sounds like right? R-right?
    Ask not what your largest industries can do to fight climate change, ask what you are willing to sacrifice to protect their shareholders.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  7. #19567

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,794
    Anyone but Corbyn would be 20 points ahead...

    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...b-33-27-28-oct

  8. #19568
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,717
    Give it a rest. Corbyn was shit at politics and made a limp wristed attempt at a remain campaign because he wanted it to happen.

    It just turns out that pretty much everyone else in Labour is also shit at politics.

  9. #19569
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Anyone but Corbyn would be 20 points ahead...

    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...b-33-27-28-oct
    Even an American?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  10. #19570
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Give it a rest. Corbyn was shit at politics and made a limp wristed attempt at a remain campaign because he wanted it to happen.

    It just turns out that pretty much everyone else in Labour is also shit at politics.
    Corbyn's problem was that he was too political. He sees politics as a way to achieve social outcomes rather than as a tool for providing stability while society is quietly managed by corporations.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  11. #19571
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Give it a rest. Corbyn was shit at politics and made a limp wristed attempt at a remain campaign because he wanted it to happen.

    It just turns out that pretty much everyone else in Labour is also shit at politics.
    Corbyn's problem was that he was too political. He sees politics as a way to achieve social outcomes rather than as a tool for providing stability while society is quietly managed by corporations.
    If "too political" in Keckerese translates to "really bad at politics to the point he was the most effective Tory campaign tool " then yes, yes he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

  12. #19572
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    We live in a post-political world, Corbyn failed to appreciate that. He had success with a grass roots political movement, but it was never going to break through because the mainstream is not political.

    Politics has been completely subverted by the political interests of non-political entities.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  13. #19573
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    17,223
    Maybe the non-political entitles are just better at politics than the politicians who are too political...
    meh

  14. #19574
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    Yes, because we live in a developing dystopia where capital dominates social relations and tightly regulates correct political thought by using the obscene mediating lens of culture wars to establish a narrative truth. That's why the liberal establishment is obsessed with politeness, process and civility to counter the conservative establishment's outrage, crassness and slurs. It's a pastiche of politics which stops all political process and progress.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  15. #19575
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    19,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I also made the very green lifestyle choice to have dead grandparents
    No troll; the greenest choice any human can make is to not have any children.

    Yes troll; it is also a hilarious argument to bring up with your vegan/eco friends who have just started a family and explain how you are just climate compensating for your meat eating and international travel.
    You mean those eXtinction rebellion vegans with 3 or 4 kids? Yup i have some friends like that. They hate that argument but fault me for ditching being a vegetarian after 11 years. I fail the purity test they dont
    The whole "DoNt hAvE kIdS" argument only really flies if you genuinely believe its impossible for a human to be a net positive to the environment. If you believe it IS possible, its almost obligatory to have kids to try to outnumber and out maneuver all the retards who burn the environment down and their dumb kids.

  16. #19576
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The whole "DoNt hAvE kIdS" argument only really flies if you genuinely believe its impossible for a human to be a net positive to the environment. If you believe it IS possible, its almost obligatory to have kids to try to outnumber and out maneuver all the retards who burn the environment down and their dumb kids.
    cope
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  17. #19577
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    19,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The whole "DoNt hAvE kIdS" argument only really flies if you genuinely believe its impossible for a human to be a net positive to the environment. If you believe it IS possible, its almost obligatory to have kids to try to outnumber and out maneuver all the retards who burn the environment down and their dumb kids.
    cope
    Natural conclusion of the 'having kids is awful for the environment' argument is that Dignitas is the only true believer option.

  18. #19578
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    4,001
    I am mankind's last, best hope, by Boris Johnson
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...20211101213845

  19. #19579
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The whole "DoNt hAvE kIdS" argument only really flies if you genuinely believe its impossible for a human to be a net positive to the environment. If you believe it IS possible, its almost obligatory to have kids to try to outnumber and out maneuver all the retards who burn the environment down and their dumb kids.
    cope
    Natural conclusion of the 'having kids is awful for the environment' argument is that Dignitas is the only true believer option.
    I think the natural conclusion is 'having kids will be awful for them because of the environment' and opting to not bring life into an increasingly destabilising world.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #19580

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    7,115
    "don't have kids to save the planet" seems only one step behind "kys to cut emissions" in terms of climate change doomer logic. I thought we mostly agreed such individual responsibility twaddle was just the way corporate cockwits absolve themselves of responsbility by trying to present the person buying a plastic bottle as equally responsible for pollution as the corporation that produces billions of them.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •