hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1686

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    His idea is nuts, but he's not entirely wrong. Without some significant structural changes, the high street is fucked.
    Why should I care if "the high street" is fucked? There are plenty of business services that can't be sold through Amazon or whatever, let them into the High Street instead of identikit clothes shops selling indentikit made-in-china tat at vast markups
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    His idea is nuts, but he's not entirely wrong. Without some significant structural changes, the high street is fucked.
    Why should I care if "the high street" is fucked? There are plenty of business services that can't be sold through Amazon or whatever, let them into the High Street instead of identikit clothes shops selling indentikit made-in-china tat at vast markups
    I still don't buy clothes or groceries on the internet ...

Anyway, high street isn't fucked, it'll just be 'different' ... think progress ...

(still miss Maplin though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Landlords treating property like a piggy bank that thy can always shake just a bit more money out of is probably doing just as much if not more damage tbh
    I love Malcanis!

My high street is doing very well as a homeless shelter this year.

Banned
    High-street businesses thought they could print money forever. Thought they would always have access to a migrant workforce that they could pay pittance to
    under the pre-text that they are harder workers than British, thought they didn't have to innovate, thought that times don't change. Welcome to business education
    in this country, some get it right but not nearly enough. Too many old boys clubs, Ashley might be a poor human being but he isn't exactly a poor businessman. Not yet
    anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Real homeless or the majority who pretend to be homeless?
    Last edited by Meester; December 3 2018 at 10:38:00 PM.

ah man that just makes me real angry

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    ah man that just makes me real angry
    It's ok, with Meester's education level and qualifications, and the current state of politics, he'll be part of the majority soon enough

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    High-street businesses thought they could print money forever. Thought they would always have access to a migrant workforce that they could pay pittance to
    under the pre-text that they are harder workers than British, thought they didn't have to innovate, thought that times don't change. Welcome to business education
    in this country, some get it right but not nearly enough. Too many old boys clubs, Ashley might be a poor human being but he isn't exactly a poor businessman. Not yet
    anyway.

hahahahahah

ahahahahahhahahahahaha

neck yourself
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; December 3 2018 at 10:57:12 PM.

anyway.

Thanks for putting that last part in, I was worried I might have to agree with a post you'd made for a minute there.
    I love Malcanis!

wew lad
    meh

I think the giant Asda they built one minutes walk away from the town centre did more harm than the internet or employing foreigners (who now own a lot of the remaining shops, I'd add). Still, I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to barbers, restaurants & coffee shops.
    Last edited by Lancehot; December 3 2018 at 11:32:08 PM.

I mean there's homeless and then there's panhandlers playing people for suckers. Usually easy to tell the difference.

Real homelessness has never been tried!

#JustMeesterTings

The ECJ's advocate general has opined that the UK can unilaterally and unconditionally revoke its article 50 notification without repercussion.

The AG's opinion is fully endorsed in over 80% of cases and is almost never entirely overruled.

Meanwhile, our Government is about to be held in contempt of parliament for ignoring its sovereignty. In theory this could result in ministers being locked in Elizabeth Tower.

I shit you not.

Expect much drama leading up to the 11th vote, and maybe total implosion after that.

There are plenty of "homeless" that are just taking the piss.

I wouldn't say they're the majority though....

The ECJ's advocate general has opined that the UK can unilaterally and unconditionally revoke its article 50 notification without repercussion.

The AG's opinion is fully endorsed in over 80% of cases and is almost never entirely overruled.
    hold yer horses elmicker
    In answer to the question from the Scottish court, the Advocate General proposes that the Court of
    Justice should, in its future judgment, declare that Article 50 TEU allows the unilateral
    revocation of the notification of the intention to withdraw from the EU, until such time as the
    withdrawal agreement is formally concluded
    , provided that the revocation has been decided upon
    in accordance with the Member State’s constitutional requirements, is formally notified to the
    European Council and does not involve an abusive practice.

I bet formally concluded means ratified by both parties, which hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I bet formally concluded means ratified by both parties, which hasn't happened.
    Correct. Confirmation of the agreement requires a positive parliamentary vote. So his opinion states that until parliament rejects their opportunity to revoke the notification (i.e. by voting to accept a deal) or until the time limit has expired, parliament may freely rescind the notification as long as it is done in good faith.