hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1683

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

>MFW Elmicker only now realises that not only the vast majority of MPs but also those assigned to 'governance' positions have never had a 'proper job' where they're really accountable for anything.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    >MFW Elmicker only now realises that not only the vast majority of MPs but also those assigned to 'governance' positions have never had a 'proper job' where they're really accountable for anything.
    He sounds like he doesn't think that anything other than production industry (down the mines, so to speak) is a real job

edit: and this is partially why I'm in favor of significantly raising MP wages, why would you be an MP and take a pay cut , if somebody is qualified for the job then they should expect the associated wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It'd be like saying the unions heads aren't left wing.
    The way they happily feather their own nests suggests otherwise.
    Careful there comrade, some members of the party are just more equal than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It'd be like saying the unions heads aren't left wing.
    The way they happily feather their own nests suggests otherwise.
    Not sure why you're suddenly holding them to a higher standard than any other industry body leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

And there goes the science minister

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    He sounds like he doesn't think that anything other than production industry (down the mines, so to speak) is a real job

edit: and this is partially why I'm in favor of significantly raising MP wages, why would you be an MP and take a pay cut , if somebody is qualified for the job then they should expect the associated wage.
    Give them a massive pay-rise sure, but take away the free housing, the free travel, the free duck houses, the tax-free bar, and all of the other perks

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

Give them a massive pay-rise sure, but take away the free housing, the free travel, the free duck houses, the tax-free bar, and all of the other perks
    sure

Questions: What actually qualifies someone to be an MP? & what actually is their "job"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Questions: What actually qualifies someone to be an MP? & what actually is their "job"?
    They get elected, normally after being parachuted into a safe seat by their adopted party. The decision on who merits said parachuting is opaque; there are no real qualifications needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Getting enough votes and then taking bribes and shouting all over.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    He's been in the job for about 15minutes? Sure he was higher education a few weeks back.

No, I think the jobs that she's done aren't "real" jobs, in as much as they don't qualify one to speak with authority on any particular topic. Speaking as someone who spent many years working for a management consultancy organisation, management consultancy in particular is an outright scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    He's been in the job for about 15minutes? Sure he was higher education a few weeks back.
    He was still also doing the higher education stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    The UK's government is so Strong and Stable they were defeated today on an attempt to ban anti tank guns from public ownership.
    Link?
    Why? You wanna buy an anti-tank gun?

I've actually been considering picking up shooting as a hobby... I (personally) don't see the point in an individual owning such a weapon but I don't see the point in the government banning them either.

Given the availability of such weapons in the UK and the hoops one has to jump through to acquire one legally Beardsly McTurbanhead is probably going to source his .50cal from elsewhere.
    Just wait until after a hard brexit when we drop all our custom barriers to prevent starvation.

Then you can import whatever you like (and so can Mr McTurbanhead)
    ONLY GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN BECAUSE OF BREXIT

Ah, a spaztick!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    The UK's government is so Strong and Stable they were defeated today on an attempt to ban anti tank guns from public ownership.
    Link?

I've actually been considering picking up shooting as a hobby... I (personally) don't see the point in an individual owning such a weapon but I don't see the point in the government banning them either.

Given the availability of such weapons in the UK and the hoops one has to jump through to acquire one legally Beardsly McTurbanhead is probably going to source his .50cal from elsewhere.
    Just wait until after a hard brexit when we drop all our custom barriers to prevent starvation.

protein is protein. Just make lasagna.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Link?

protein is protein. Just make lasagna.
    water is turning the frogs gay

I hate Mike Ashley as much as the next self respecting Geordie, but I have to say his testimony to Parliament today has been frightfully entertaining.

I hate Mike Ashley as much as the next self respecting Geordie, but I have to say his testimony to Parliament today has been frightfully entertaining.
    Apparently he's not Father Christmas ...

Also he wants to tax every retailer with more than 20% online sales to save his newly acquired 'Harrods on the High Street' ...

You have to admit: he's got some chutzpah ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

His idea is nuts, but he's not entirely wrong. Without some significant structural changes, the high street is fucked.