hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 626 of 667 FirstFirst ... 126526576616623624625626627628629636 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,520 of 13327

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    No. Hitler was effective.
    Don't need Hitler to kill communism.
    Can you kill what never really lived though?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    alternatively,
    [...] and the political leader of the country, at maybe the start of the most unstable time in the countries history since WW2.
    If that's any indication, you'll get a Churchill after this Chaimberlain gives up office.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    this is what decorum and norms fetishization looks like.

"Boris Johnson argued for letting thousands die and enacted policies that will likely have that outcome, but because he's now sick himself we should be respectful of him!"
    Yes, that is exactly how being a normal human being works. You don't sink to the level of people you disagree with. You hold yourself to your own standards, which for most functioning adults involves not being pleased about the death of another human being.
    If he dies or is permanently disabled of this, I will feel pretty much the same way that I did when I found out that Osama bin Laden died. I won't rejoice but I will be pleased that a threat to me and my kind has been neutralised, and highly satisfied that he died the death that he wished and enacted on others.

There's no moral equivalency here: I have no power to change the situation regardless of my preferences so they carry no external weight beyond perhaps the couple of dozen people who frequent this form, whereas Johnson was given - because he asked for it - the power to help or harm and entire nation state, and chose to use it for harm. He wants old sick people like my dad to die off because they're an inconvenience to his world view and his goal of making rich privileged people like himself even more rich and even more privileged, and he took actions towards that goal.

In short, my satisfaction at Johnson getting his comeuppance is nothing more than private satisfaction at seeing dramatic justice done to someone who, in a sane society, would be held as morally accountable as any other killer. If a man who was an excutive at Phillip Morris or one of those other tobacco companies that deliberately and knowingly hid the truth that smoking was carcinogenic, and also deliberately increased the addictiveness of cigarettes developed lung cancer, I'd feel the same way even if he had a family and a dog who loved him. A cruel and destructive sociopath who has a small in-group he apparently cares for doesn't get any kind of a free pass for it. I love my dad, and Johnson was eager to see the likes of him get sacrificed, so if he gets a pass fr his kids I get a pass for my parents.
    Sorry to say, i'm on board with Malc, Duck et al. No cheering here, but if boris were to meet the end of his mortal coil via COVID, I would have a sense of some kind of accountability (which is missing from our society) having been finally enacted.

Boris and his ilk have engaged in systematically reducing the capability of the NHS over decades in preference to private interests and also engaged in cementing the positions of power for the elite at the cost to all of us. His lack of intelligent choices based on available evidence at appropriate times has lead directly to his current situation.
    So he deserves it ?

The kulaks deserved worse
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    So he deserves it ?
    You present a loaded and open ended question. Please clarify.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

So he deserves it ?
    The mong went round the first NHS hospital with corona patients in there on a public relations tour, complete with "dont panic its all fine, i shook hands with everyone including the rona lads" chat because his government wouldnt pull their finger out with the magic money tree at that point, then he got corona virus.

If that isnt the textbook definition of deserves to get it i dont know what is

Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    this is what decorum and norms fetishization looks like.

"Boris Johnson argued for letting thousands die and enacted policies that will likely have that outcome, but because he's now sick himself we should be respectful of him!"
    Yes, that is exactly how being a normal human being works. You don't sink to the level of people you disagree with. You hold yourself to your own standards, which for most functioning adults involves not being pleased about the death of another human being.
    If he dies or is permanently disabled of this, I will feel pretty much the same way that I did when I found out that Osama bin Laden died. I won't rejoice but I will be pleased that a threat to me and my kind has been neutralised, and highly satisfied that he died the death that he wished and enacted on others.

There's no moral equivalency here: I have no power to change the situation regardless of my preferences so they carry no external weight beyond perhaps the couple of dozen people who frequent this form, whereas Johnson was given - because he asked for it - the power to help or harm and entire nation state, and chose to use it for harm. He wants old sick people like my dad to die off because they're an inconvenience to his world view and his goal of making rich privileged people like himself even more rich and even more privileged, and he took actions towards that goal.

In short, my satisfaction at Johnson getting his comeuppance is nothing more than private satisfaction at seeing dramatic justice done to someone who, in a sane society, would be held as morally accountable as any other killer. If a man who was an excutive at Phillip Morris or one of those other tobacco companies that deliberately and knowingly hid the truth that smoking was carcinogenic, and also deliberately increased the addictiveness of cigarettes developed lung cancer, I'd feel the same way even if he had a family and a dog who loved him. A cruel and destructive sociopath who has a small in-group he apparently cares for doesn't get any kind of a free pass for it. I love my dad, and Johnson was eager to see the likes of him get sacrificed, so if he gets a pass fr his kids I get a pass for my parents.
    Sorry to say, i'm on board with Malc, Duck et al. No cheering here, but if boris were to meet the end of his mortal coil via COVID, I would have a sense of some kind of accountability (which is missing from our society) having been finally enacted.

Boris and his ilk have engaged in systematically reducing the capability of the NHS over decades in preference to private interests and also engaged in cementing the positions of power for the elite at the cost to all of us. His lack of intelligent choices based on available evidence at appropriate times has lead directly to his current situation.
    So he deserves it ?
    He earned it.

That's why this is so confusing - it's about the first time he has earned anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    alternatively,
    [...] and the political leader of the country, at maybe the start of the most unstable time in the countries history since WW2.
    If that's any indication, you'll get a Churchill after this Chaimberlain gives up office.
    They clearly did it wrong in the Spring of '40 because everybody knows you have to back the PM during a crisis no matter how crap he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    alternatively,
    They clearly did it wrong in the Spring of '40 because everybody knows you have to back the PM during a crisis no matter how crap he is.
    ... and enables fascists.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    National Unity Government on the cards if Johnson dies?
    Can you imagine the long speeches from every slimy MP if he is taken by Corona?

"Boris was more than that.. he was my friend"
    "we have to honor his memory"
    etc
    "We have to finish Brexit the way Boris wanted us to"

Keckers, every time he thinks about Boris dying....

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Keckers, every time he thinks about Boris dying....

Nope, just interested to see what happens. There are far worse tories who their membership could elect to replace him.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

That's why this is so confusing - it's about the first time he has earned anything.
    Does his pregnant partner deserve it? Has she earned it? He is no Marvel supervillain.

Im sorry your father is unwell and I wish him a recovery so that he may both live a longer life and be your father for longer.

I think the definition of Chamberlain has been taken up by the picture of Theresa May.

Abloobloo cryingtoryeagle.jpg

MI8m8

Im sure Boris will be a good father this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Im sure Boris will be a good father this time.
    How many times is this?

Literally nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Does his pregnant partner deserve it? Has she earned it? He is no Marvel supervillain.
    Yes

mind that edge