hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 620 of 677 FirstFirst ... 120520570610617618619620621622623630670 ... LastLast
Results 12,381 to 12,400 of 13529

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    How are the tories not extremists?
    How is everyone who voted for brexit and their foreign-financed treasonous leaders not actually a dangerous group of radicals who want to destroy the country they live in, the world order that has given them working plumbing, and harm their countrymen in the process?
    Oh ... so they're the modern-day Protestants? Scoundrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    How are the tories not extremists?
    Use your brain but its important to note that the Conservatives if they were in America would be considered Democrats. I doubt you would call Obama an extremist [perhaps you would?].

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    How is everyone who voted for brexit and their foreign-financed treasonous leaders not actually a dangerous group of radicals who want to destroy the country they live in, the world order that has given them working plumbing, and harm their countrymen in the process?
    The four legs good, two legs bad argument. But I guess by your term Jeremy Corbyn is a dangerous radical eh?
    No, I just don't think he has any charisma, but ultimately, he didn't want things that selfishly harmed his own people.

Both sides doesn't work on me. I have an excellent memory and I see what they all do.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    The adversarial nature of day-to-day politics in the UK says to me that it would present far more of a problem over here in terms of finding a workable coalition. I’d support PR of the commons was reformed too, but that’s never going to happen.
    The adversarial nature of our politics is due to the FPTP system. Saying "we should keep FPTP because of this bad side-effect of FPTP" seems a bit...odd.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    OT posts about moderation moved to the complaints about moderation thread. You can continue to bemoan the horrible nature of this forum, it's posters and moderators in there if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    The adversarial nature of day-to-day politics in the UK says to me that it would present far more of a problem over here in terms of finding a workable coalition. I’d support PR of the commons was reformed too, but that’s never going to happen.
    The adversarial nature of our politics is due to the FPTP system. Saying "we should keep FPTP because of this bad side-effect of FPTP" seems a bit...odd.
    Mmmmmmmm isn't it more because of the adversarial nature of the common law legal system which has been in use in England and Wales for many hundreds of years that was adopted as a template for parliamentary procedure some time after the civil war?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Mmmmmmmm isn't it more because of the adversarial nature of the common law legal system which has been in use in England and Wales for many hundreds of years that was adopted as a template for parliamentary procedure some time after the civil war?
    That may have been the starting point for it, but I'd argue the FPTP system perpetuates it.

It won't work here because we're special is a logical fallacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    idiots deserve a voice too. The existence of idiots is not an argument in favour of FPTP.

Otherwise there'd be no working class Tory voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Boris Johnson taken to hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    That may have been the starting point for it, but I'd argue the FPTP system perpetuates it.
    It has nothing to do with the way people treat each other in the commons.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Boris Johnson taken to hospital.
    F
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

I strongly disagree. Because power has been concentrated into two main parties even to this day, you basically have an "us and them" environment. Hell, the very design of parliament assumes a two party setup. Because those two parties are entrenched and it would take a massive political shock to change that, they can behave in the way that they do without facing repercussions for essentially looking like a bunch of school boys who didn't grow up.

In other news, Scotlands CMO has resigned for being a tit of the highest order.

She put out the standard lockdown guidelines about staying home and not going anywhere, then promptly went on a trip to her second home.

(Wasn't sure whether it's a covid or a UK politics poast.... yes? )

She went twice, and had the government lie that she'd only gone once. It sounded like she had offered her resignation this morning, but for some unfathomable reason it wasn't accepted. Her career is over.

I strongly disagree. Because power has been concentrated into two main parties even to this day, you basically have an "us and them" environment. Hell, the very design of parliament assumes a two party setup. Because those two parties are entrenched and it would take a massive political shock to change that, they can behave in the way that they do without facing repercussions for essentially looking like a bunch of school boys who didn't grow up.
    Yeh actually you’re probably right there. But then, when a party has a strong majority I sometimes struggle to see the point in the commons anyway.

As for Boris, I bet he collapsed. No way does a guy like him voluntarily go to hospital without a strong reason.

Death pool??!!!

can you image how little toilet paper there will be if a sitting head of state dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    can you image how little toilet paper there will be if a sitting head of state dies?
    Good thing he's the head of government. It would be a shame if the queen were to die as well.

Although then we might find out if Charles would abdicate for the much more popular William.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I was trying to widen the scope to include it happening in any country, but thanks anyway.

I am curious if there has ever been a head of gevernment in Western Europe that died in office to illness. Lets say, since WW2 and excluding heart attacks / brain aneurysm, just straight up wasting sickness.

At least the cunt will need to eat some humble pie, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I am curious if there has ever been a head of gevernment in Western Europe that died in office to illness. Lets say, since WW2 and excluding heart attacks / brain aneurysm, just straight up wasting sickness.

At least the cunt will need to eat some humble pie, i guess.
    Australia is unable to prove that it hasn't happened to us.