hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 617 of 678 FirstFirst ... 117517567607614615616617618619620627667 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,340 of 13545

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    lib dems don't have ideology
    You say that like ideology isn't THE most negative quality in politics.
    You need ideology to be useful and effective in office in the long term. Otherwise you end up just doing whatever capital tells you and democracy becomes a puppet show.
    Not Capital doesn't have to be an ideology. It can be both viewed, and in fact, far, far better justified even, objectively, and pragmatically argued. Unfortunately, most people don't value some things the same way, and that's the basic problem to overcome.
    meh

You need ideology to be useful and effective in office in the long term. Otherwise you end up just doing whatever capital tells you and democracy becomes a puppet show.
    Not Capital doesn't have to be an ideology. It can be both viewed, and in fact, far, far better justified even, objectively, and pragmatically argued. Unfortunately, most people don't value some things the same way, and that's the basic problem to overcome.
    I’m not sure I really understand what you’re trying to say here.

What are you if you don’t have a system of values and ideas on how to implement them?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

What are you if you don’t have a system of values and ideas on how to implement them?
    A lib dem?

You can have values without being an ideologue.

Blind 'faith' in something, whether it's Marx, or The Market, is a dumb way to think about the world.

There aren't that many people who's values go much beyond "make more money so I can ..." tbh, either because they are desperately trying to survive, or they just want more for themselves at either end of the scale.
    meh

It's one of those irregular adjectives: I just have ordinary common-sense values; you're a fool blinded by your ideology.

You're one of the more blatantly ideological posters on this forum, and it's hilarious that you don't recognise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

It's one of those irregular adjectives: I just have ordinary common-sense values; you're a fool blinded by your ideology.

You're one of the more blatantly ideological posters on this forum, and it's hilarious that you don't recognise it.
    Yes, it is, isn't it.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    The similarities are mostly in how one party saw themselves as the rightful heir to the leadership and underestimated the ambitions of the one who actually did end up being leader.

But to suggest that Ed stabbed David in the back is mostly media spin. Spin that stuck, as you say.

Once again, it's all in the optics.
    It's almost as though the Tory-supporting media didn't want him to be PM or something...

You're not allowed to say the media only want tories! That ruins the illusion of open elections and the viability of parliamentary democracy!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    What do you mean, all media is owned by rich, elderly kleptocrats? Why would THAT group consistently support the Tories? It's simply implausible.

https://www.engadget.com/2020-04-04-...spiracies.html

Cell towers and techs working on these have been attacked by people believing that 5G is linked to the spread of the coronavirus.

I mean I've heard of nutters in Germany that believe that cell towers make you sick. But this is a whole new level of stupid.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Mixing social media with a culturally undervalued secondary education system is one of the cruelest jokes of the past decade.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Mixing social media with a culturally undervalued secondary education system is one of the cruelest jokes of the past decade.
    Well put.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

You're not allowed to say the media only want tories! That ruins the illusion of open elections and the viability of parliamentary democracy!
    What is the objection to parliamentary democracy? I don't see a substantial difference in the practice of democracy between parliamentary democracy and any other system currently used by democracies. Unless you mean you prefer a one-party system.

There is no democracy without democracy in the workplace comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    What do you mean, all media is owned by rich, elderly kleptocrats? Why would THAT group consistently support the Tories? It's simply implausible.
    tbf even the guardian hates Labour

Nobody seems to hate Labour more than Labour

Splitters.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Not splitting is Blairism, comrades

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    What is the objection to parliamentary democracy? I don't see a substantial difference in the practice of democracy between parliamentary democracy and any other system currently used by democracies. Unless you mean you prefer a one-party system.
    My principal objection to the UK's parliamentary democracy is that it's not very democratic.

Tbh it'll be much more democratic after we liquidate the bourgeoisie