hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 600 of 678 FirstFirst ... 100500550590597598599600601602603610650 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 12,000 of 13550

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    the boomer remover
    Nice

PS My dad was advised by his GP on Wednesday that he's "high vulnerability".
    The New Nazi's everyone.
    Stay triggered snowflake.

Hope your dad can self isolate effectively malc and has a decent support network.
    He's got a lot of friends in the village and the GP there is excellent. Plus my dad, in stark contrast his many other avenues of bloodyminded old foolishness, does actually follow his doc's advice and the instructions on the label. Plus he's long stopped smoking and his diet, when he can be arsed to eat, is excellent. He's quite well set for a 75+ single man with a weak immune system who used to power through half a bottle of gin and a couple of packs of Marlboro reds a day back in the 70s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

the boomer remover
    Nice

PS My dad was advised by his GP on Wednesday that he's "high vulnerability".
    The New Nazi's everyone.
    No, that's Iain Duncan "Let's drive unpaid carers to suicide with the shitty bedroom tax" Smith.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

No, that's Iain Duncan "Let's drive unpaid carers to suicide with the shitty bedroom tax" Smith.
    IDS never wanted old people to be killed off by disease. Very fascist like behaviour.

However last minute changes announced on 12th March mean that foster carers are allowed one additional room in their homes as long as they have registered as a foster carer or fostered a child within the past 12 months. This means that around 5,000 foster carers would be exempted from bedroom tax.

That quote doesn't mean what you think it means you collosal simpleton.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

IDS never wanted old people to be killed off by disease. Very fascist like behaviour.
    He designed a system that he caused considerably more suffering than the old one, to the point where it has resulted in a significant increase in suicide rates and has resulted in people being starved to death. On top of that, he has refused to advocate any change to alleviate the problem and sees this system as his main achievement in government. So yeah, he has no problem killing poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    He designed a system that he caused considerably more suffering than the old one, to the point where it has resulted in a significant increase in suicide rates and has resulted in people being starved to death. On top of that, he has refused to advocate any change to alleviate the problem and sees this system as his main achievement in government. So yeah, he has no problem killing poor people.
    I know absolutely nothing on this subject and I just want to confirm/refute a nagging suspicion.

Did this reform:

1. Cost less money than the old one per capita

Or

2. Cost the same but more money goes into private pockets.

I'm guessing 2 obviously.

Universal credit is probably cheaper than the old system, in much the same way that giving people less money is cheaper than giving people more money.

Banned
    Might want to check your numbers.

(UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    That must be why research like this exists and there's pretty much fuck all evidence that UC has actually been beneficial beyond the tapered reduction of benefits, much of which is obviated by how aggressively the DWP try to yank you off any form of benefits and the long wait time to enrol in UC.

Banned
    That must be why research like this exists and there's pretty much fuck all evidence that UC has actually been beneficial beyond the tapered reduction of benefits, much of which is obviated by how aggressively the DWP try to yank you off any form of benefits and the long wait time to enrol in UC.
    I can't see any stats on suicide there, but the ONS numbers say suicide rate is pretty flat for the past 15 years having come down quite a bit since the 80s.

(UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

I can't see any stats on suicide there, but the ONS numbers say suicide rate is pretty flat for the past 15 years having come down quite a bit since the 80s.
    So during a time when unemployment has come down at to it's lowest levels in 50 years, there's been no meaningful drop in suicide rates? It couldn't be that something's offsetting it, no sir. Additonally, the fact that UC kills people and research showing serious deterioration in mental health from UC really doesn't exactly lend much weight to your counter claim.

I mean, if you like, I can change my argument to "it may not be causing a material increase in suicide rates, it prefers to just kill people".
    Last edited by El Capitano; March 15 2020 at 09:41:51 AM.

Banned
    So during a time when unemployment has come down at to it's lowest levels in 50 years, there's been no meaningful drop in suicide rates? It couldn't be that something's offsetting it, no sir. Additonally, the fact that UC https://fullfact.org/online/universal-credit-review-2000-deaths/]kills people[/url] and research showing serious deterioration in mental health from UC really doesn't exactly lend much weight to your counter claim.
    Look, you claimed some policy increased suicide rates but they haven't increased.

That's fake news.

I'm not a news outlet, so you're either very mentally challenged, is somebody trying to dilute what fake news actually means, probably so you can muddy the waters around the term.

Banned
    I'm not a news outlet, so you're either very mentally challenged, is somebody trying to dilute what fake news actually means, probably so you can muddy the waters around the term.
    F A K E N E W S

Thanks for your tacit admission you have nothing to offer.

Also, it's worth noting that prior to 2010, the suicide rate was showing very clearly declining, a trend that stopped after the Tories rose to power and has not shifted downward since.

Banned
    Thanks for your tacit admission you have nothing to offer.
    Wheras you only have fake news to offer.

Banned
    Also, it's worth noting that prior to 2010, the suicide rate was showing very clearly declining, a trend that stopped after the Tories rose to power and has not shifted downward since.
    Akshually of you apply my special formulae you'll find I was right all along.

We can't - he refused to release the suicide stats because they "might cause public alarm"