hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 632

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #101
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    You'll never convince him mate. Even though you're a lawyer and i literally worked with the NCA on a few cases, he'll still know better.
    Unless you actually know what the evidence is then you DO NOT know better. Or do you have some kind of low-down
    on what the evidence is hmm? Its not like folk like you would ever be biased and claim that your supposed 'expertise' is
    carte blanche for accepting what you say. I don't accept it until I have the full facts in front of me. Maybe you don't like facts
    they probably get in the way of your political ideals.

    One other thing, was Aaron Banks part of the official Leave campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Yeah, for the EC of all people to push for a prosecution means this must be absolutely nailed on.
    Electoral Commission 'misinterpreted' Vote Leave expenses, court rules

    Yeah, real competent.

  2. #102
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,097
    You've still not quite cleared up exactly what you do Meester to have such an expert knowledge of the various ins and outs of Brexit happenings and why your opinion is worth anything.

    Beyond of course, your 'side' winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  3. #103
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You've still not quite cleared up exactly what you do Meester to have such an expert knowledge of the various ins and outs of Brexit happenings and why your opinion is worth anything.
    I claim no expertise, I can read the lines and history. I am capable of learning, are you?

    Should a person need to be an expert to understand basic concepts? You have no evidence that Russia is responsible for Brexit, all you
    have is theory and made up accusations. Stirring the pot for the bottom of the dregs. You have nothing, I know you have nothing, you
    know you have nothing but folk like you continue the charade that you have something. Honestly someone like Putin should be your hero,
    being ex-KGB and wanting to bring back the USSR. Anything involving Russian influence should put a smile on your face, maybe it does.

  4. #104
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Entities don't announce stuff like that without evidence, don't be simple.
    I would think that you will find that 'entities' announce investigations all the time.

    Im not sure what world you live in but this is a pretty common occurrence in this one.
    Stop being willfully ignorant, you donít commence an investigation without some sort of preliminary evidence. Especially where politically-charged issues are concerned.
    You'll never convince him mate. Even though you're a lawyer and i literally worked with the NCA on a few cases, he'll still know better.
    Oh shit yeh man this sort of stuff is literally what you do. I donít really do crime but I think from Meesterís perspective this is just common sense innit

  5. #105
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    And what are you getting this year, another 40% cut? Does legal aid even still exist?
    It's on life support. As are the solicitors that do legal aid work tbh.
    It's pretty disgusting tbh. The criminal bar is now basically the preserve of hooray Henry who fancies trying his hand at the law, such is the terrible pay.

  6. #106

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Entities don't announce stuff like that without evidence, don't be simple.
    I would think that you will find that 'entities' announce investigations all the time.

    Im not sure what world you live in but this is a pretty common occurrence in this one.
    Stop being willfully ignorant, you don’t commence an investigation without some sort of preliminary evidence. Especially where politically-charged issues are concerned.
    You'll never convince him mate. Even though you're a lawyer and i literally worked with the NCA on a few cases, he'll still know better.
    Oh shit yeh man this sort of stuff is literally what you do. I don’t really do crime but I think from Meester’s perspective this is just common sense innit
    I definitely have a passing familiarity with it, yeah

    To be fair, he’s not wrong that it could collapse and go nowhere. He IS wrong about what it takes for the NCA to take on a sensitive case like this though. They just wouldn’t touch it without a compelling case already being there.

  7. #107
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    And what are you getting this year, another 40% cut? Does legal aid even still exist?
    It's on life support. As are the solicitors that do legal aid work tbh.
    It's pretty disgusting tbh. The criminal bar is now basically the preserve of hooray Henry who fancies trying his hand at the law, such is the terrible pay.
    Exactly the kind of person you'd want less of in a modern judicial system

  8. #108
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    And what are you getting this year, another 40% cut? Does legal aid even still exist?
    It's on life support. As are the solicitors that do legal aid work tbh.
    It's pretty disgusting tbh. The criminal bar is now basically the preserve of hooray Henry who fancies trying his hand at the law, such is the terrible pay.
    Exactly the kind of person you'd want less of in a modern judicial system
    Precisely. Luckily it's still bloody hard to get pupillage so if you have legal aid your barrister will usually be pretty competent, very competent if it's something serious. We're nowhere near the US in that respect.

  9. #109
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You've still not quite cleared up exactly what you do Meester to have such an expert knowledge of the various ins and outs of Brexit happenings and why your opinion is worth anything.
    I claim no expertise, I can read the lines and history. I am capable of learning, are you?

    Should a person need to be an expert to understand basic concepts? You have no evidence that Russia is responsible for Brexit, all you
    have is theory and made up accusations. Stirring the pot for the bottom of the dregs. You have nothing, I know you have nothing, you
    know you have nothing but folk like you continue the charade that you have something. Honestly someone like Putin should be your hero,
    being ex-KGB and wanting to bring back the USSR. Anything involving Russian influence should put a smile on your face, maybe it does.
    You broke the formatting on your copy paste

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    213
    Could anyone intelligently speculate on the time line of the NCA investigation? Will they go silent for 6-18 months, then either charge or close down? Or might we get some information more quickly.

    And I'm asking because as a democratic remainer I accept the referendum result. But if there is real evidence of serious cheating by leave, then suddenly the People's Vote should get traction.

  11. #111
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    You've still not quite cleared up exactly what you do Meester to have such an expert knowledge of the various ins and outs of Brexit happenings and why your opinion is worth anything.
    I claim no expertise, I can read the lines and history. I am capable of learning, are you?

    Should a person need to be an expert to understand basic concepts? You have no evidence that Russia is responsible for Brexit, all you
    have is theory and made up accusations. Stirring the pot for the bottom of the dregs. You have nothing, I know you have nothing, you
    know you have nothing but folk like you continue the charade that you have something. Honestly someone like Putin should be your hero,
    being ex-KGB and wanting to bring back the USSR. Anything involving Russian influence should put a smile on your face, maybe it does.
    I don't and haven't claimed any of the above

    What a deranged rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #112
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,142
    I remain 100% convinced that Meester doesn't write his own posts and instead copypastes from some wanky alt-right discord channel

  13. #113

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I am capable of learning, are you?
    While you may be right Xeno, this is still the funniest line i've heard in ages.

  14. #114
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I am capable of learning, are you?
    While you may be right Xeno, this is still the funniest line i've heard in ages.
    My sanity is retained by treating him like a particularly eccentric markov bot

  15. #115

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,265
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Could anyone intelligently speculate on the time line of the NCA investigation? Will they go silent for 6-18 months, then either charge or close down? Or might we get some information more quickly.

    And I'm asking because as a democratic remainer I accept the referendum result. But if there is real evidence of serious cheating by leave, then suddenly the People's Vote should get traction.
    It’s impossible to speculate unfortunately. It depends entirely on what they’ve been handed and how much further investigation they have to do. We don’t even know specifically what the potential crimes or charges might be at this point in detail.

    Normally in my experience though they tend to be of the “silent for ages then charge” variety though.....though have never been a particularly chatty bunch.

  16. #116
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,948
    Putin is trying to bring CCCP back? I would have never guessed!

  17. #117
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Entities don't announce stuff like that without evidence, don't be simple.
    I would think that you will find that 'entities' announce investigations all the time.

    Im not sure what world you live in but this is a pretty common occurrence in this one.
    So this is why we always see you correct people who call Blair a criminal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  18. #118
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

    So this is why we always see you correct people who call Blair a criminal?
    Not sure where you get the idea that I think Blair is not a criminal, he most definitely is.
    Even more so when he supports a second referendum.

  19. #119
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

    So this is why we always see you correct people who call Blair a criminal?
    Not sure where you get the idea that I think Blair is not a criminal, he most definitely is.
    Based on which court ruling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  20. #120
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

    So this is why we always see you correct people who call Blair a criminal?
    Not sure where you get the idea that I think Blair is not a criminal, he most definitely is.
    Even more so when he supports a second referendum.
    Good god man you’re a thundering wankpuffin

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •