hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 993 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 493893943983990991992993994995996 ... LastLast
Results 19,841 to 19,860 of 20045

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Christian Wakeford, Tory MP for Bury South, is now the Labour MP for Bury South.
    i guess that means he gets properly pilloried in the press for not turning up all those times as a tory councillor while claiming expenses? FUCKING CORBYN!

Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    (tweet)id_number_of_tweet_that_you_can_see_in_the_ url_you_linked(/tweet) but with square brackets

Looks like the knives are finally out for fucktard Johnson. Although you have to really have sunk low for an utter spineless twat like david davis, the contemptable piss stain that he is, to call for your departure. It does seem like Johnsons resignation is being discussed on both the right and further right within the party which will introduce some interesting fallout depending on who will be the next (unelected) pm, as there is the very, very slim possibility of a party split (tories will happily hold their noses to stay in power) which would shake up the political landscape quite well.

But who will replace the overconfident moron? Place yer'bets now!
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Sunak's odds on favourite. Gove loves the smell of his own farts enough to want another go but he's betting around 18/1 so probably not. Liz Truss is betting pretty high up there but I'm pretty sure her campaign only exists because one of her SpAds came up with the slogan 'In Liz We Truss' and can't get enough of it. Jeremy Hunt has surprisingly short odds for the man who was in charge of the health service for the six years preceding the pandemic.

Interestingly enough the fourth favourite is Keir Starmer who has shorter odds than The Saj, Raab and Gove, all three of whom I'd expect to be right up there given their profiles. Not entirely sure why Starmer is betting so short given that the Tories are basically not going to call an election with the polling where it is, and even if they VONC Boris from the Conservative party, no Tory MP is stupid enough to support a VONC in the house knowing that with polling where it is now, it's basically 200 of them saying "no, I don't want to be an MP anymore, please take my seat away".

Patel also has surprisingly long odds but I suspect (slash hope) she's only a consideration for hardline Tories.

The problem is that the Tories purged anyone who looked vaguely competent in favour of unwavering loyalty to The Big Dog and/or Brexit, so when names like Steve Brexit Hardman Baker are betting sub 30/1 you know you've got a dearth of talent available. As much as I thought Rory Stewart was a bit of a slick nothing of a politician, a sort of focus group in a suit, I'd take him over any of the charlatans who are likely to do it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Liz Truss is very popular amongst Tory members, but increasingly unpopular amongst the parts of the public that have heard of her. I think she comes across as increasingly fake with not much to make up for that. She lacks the advantage that a similar previous leader had of a long running and tired looking Labour government.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    no

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Not sure but this seems to be under the radar for long time. A russian oligarch or puppet of an oligarch called Amersi threatened a Tory MP:
    charlotte-leslie

Indirect Inflation on low cost products and a new price index
    new price index
    Last edited by Jori McKie; January 23 2022 at 05:39:59 AM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Wow Tory party discipline has really gone to shit these days.
    It turns out they are nasty, racist, mysogynistic self serving arseholes. Who knew?
    Isn't this fun to watch.
    Last edited by Itiken; January 23 2022 at 12:07:53 PM.

While everyone enjoys seeing Boris Johnson suffer, the more the better, my chief apprehension is that each succeeding Tory PM has, in a genuinely impressive way, managed to be quantitatively and qualitatively worse than the preceding one. No one here had much respect at all for the pompous self-regarding balloon-faced twat David Cameron, and rightly so, but Jesus Christ it would be like a blessing from the Lord God above if they were to put someone who was only as bad as him back in charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    While everyone enjoys seeing Boris Johnson suffer, the more the better, my chief apprehension is that each succeeding Tory PM has, in a genuinely impressive way, managed to be quantitatively and qualitatively worse than the preceding one. No one here had much respect at all for the pompous self-regarding balloon-faced twat David Cameron, and rightly so, but Jesus Christ it would be like a blessing from the Lord God above if they were to put someone who was only as bad as him back in charge.
    My theory about western politics is that they discovered the secret to getting away with "anything they like".
    Do bad things FAST in rapid succession - that way people have to talk about the new bad thing, letting the other bad thing go. They've tried it on with the parties, by stretching it out and talking about gutting the purpose of the BBC etc - but it's not worked.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    My theory about western politics is that they discovered the secret to getting away with "anything they like".
    Do bad things FAST in rapid succession - that way people have to talk about the new bad thing, letting the other bad thing go. They've tried it on with the parties, by stretching it out and talking about gutting the purpose of the BBC etc - but it's not worked.
    As an additional bonus, this strategy places a huge strain on the average person's willingness to be informed and involved. The temptation to just say "fuck this democracy bullshit" is a feature not a bug.

My proposal is that we eat the rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

ION: I never thought they'd eat my face, says people who voted for the face eating leopard party.

i'm happy to be surprised, but it's going to be difficult to find a worse human being than BoJo. Sure, he's just part of the machine, but he's also the person who built a coallition within warring factions of tories a few years back, they have well and truly drained their own barred.
    Last edited by Itiken; January 23 2022 at 06:59:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    ION: I never thought they'd eat my face, says people who voted for the face eating leopard party.

i'm happy to be surprised, but it's going to be difficult to find a worse human being than BoJo. Sure, he's just part of the machine, but he's also the person who built a coallition within warring factions of tories a few years back, they have well and truly drained their own barred.
    Do you remember what we thought about Theresa May?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Do you remember what we thought about Theresa May?
    Yeah. we thought - why hasn't bojoko stepped in to become emporer yet - is hemaking them really desparate first.

"the next one" is always worse. Every time. It will not end.

Rory Stewart seemed ok. Shame he went. Everyone else seems to have the obnoxious corrupt cunt level turned up to 11.