hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 988 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 488888938978985986987988989990991998 ... LastLast
Results 19,741 to 19,760 of 20045

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Tories hold by-election but majority from 19k to 4.5k is quite a swing for a stronghold seat.
    It was a very low turnout though.

Which by-election are we talking about here? Old Bexley and Sidcup?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Which by-election are we talking about here? Old Bexley and Sidcup?
    Yes - https://www.theguardian.com/politics...es-retain-seat

I figured as much.

It's showing what anyone would expect - the Tories aren't getting their vote out, but those voters aren't switching to Labour, and Labour aren't making many gains from other sources.

As soon as the Tories ditch Bojo (which I expect to be early new year), they'll be able to pin all the covid and corruption on him, pretend they're a new party, regain their 40% floor, and Labour will be all surprisedpikachu.jpg.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Rayner is a good orator and excellent at firing up the "hang the tories from the streetlights" far left segment labour base.

But she has also demonstrated she is happy to very publicly try to undermine the elected leader of her party over and over again over basically non-stories (like this reshuffle).

She is pretty nakedly and obviously going to try to unseat Keir. This is good for Rayner, and its probably good for lots of you anti capitalists, but its guaranteeing Labour more years/decades in opposition.
    So you mean she's doing exactly what Tom Watson spent his entire time in the Deputy Leader's position trying to do? But this time it's Bad, Actually?
    It was bad then too and the results were as I am saying.
    I don't recall you saying so at the time.
    Sorry for the early onset alzheimers then mate
    Feel free to point out where you complain about Watson undermining his leader.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; December 3 2021 at 01:58:58 PM.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Rayner is a good orator and excellent at firing up the "hang the tories from the streetlights" far left segment labour base.

But she has also demonstrated she is happy to very publicly try to undermine the elected leader of her party over and over again over basically non-stories (like this reshuffle).

She is pretty nakedly and obviously going to try to unseat Keir. This is good for Rayner, and its probably good for lots of you anti capitalists, but its guaranteeing Labour more years/decades in opposition.
    So you mean she's doing exactly what Tom Watson spent his entire time in the Deputy Leader's position trying to do? But this time it's Bad, Actually?
    Feel free to point out literally anywhere where I support anything Watson has ever done ever.

Feel free to point out literally anywhere where I support anything Watson has ever done ever.
    Nope. I said you hadn't complained about him. That's not the same as supporting him. And I would have thought that someone with your legal expertise would understand the difficulty of proving the absence of something.

So if you disagree with me it's up to you to come up with one (just one) example from back when Corbyn was leader of you saying Watson was wrong to undermine the leadership.

Or you could just carry on with your "no, you" tactic and look like a five-year-old.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; December 3 2021 at 03:50:45 PM.

AKHTUALLEH
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Some top cringe there Rodj

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Some top cringe there Rodj
    But Rodj isn't wrong though. Lall is not dumb, just very egotistical and this sort of shit is a page out of the standard playbook.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

I'm not spending a couple of hours wading through the PREVIOUS politics thread looking for comments supporting how I know I felt back then; you are welcome too. I voted for Corbyn the first time - you think I'd have done that while supporting other people undermining his chances? Why? I doubt I ever mentioned Watson by name but why would that matter? He was always much lower profile than Reynor and never considered to be mounting a bid for leadership himself.

I doubt I ever mentioned Watson by name
    That was my whole point.

but why would that matter? He was always much lower profile than Reynor and never considered to be mounting a bid for leadership himself.

but why would that matter? He was always much lower profile than Reynor and never considered to be mounting a bid for leadership himself.
    He certainly had a lower profile than Rayner when it came to attacking the Tories. Attacking his own side though...
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; December 6 2021 at 01:19:39 PM.

I'm not spending a couple of hours wading through the PREVIOUS politics thread looking for comments supporting how I know I felt back then; you are welcome too. I voted for Corbyn the first time - you think I'd have done that while supporting other people undermining his chances? Why? I doubt I ever mentioned Watson by name but why would that matter? He was always much lower profile than Reynor and never considered to be mounting a bid for leadership himself.
    So not only did he do the same thing, he was actually worse at it too?

I'm sorry to tell you guys but nobody gives a shit about Tom Watson

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you guys but nobody gives a shit about Tom Watson
    This

Well this is fun! The Downing Street Christmas party stuff is 'cutting through' at last. Even Ant and Dec (ubiqitous, low-brow, light entertainers) are taking the piss out of the Tories now:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...of-no-10-party

But, of course, the Tories already have a plan. They'll just dump BJ once he becomes a liability and get that nice looking billionaire to take over.

That nice looking billionaire who comes across as a complete weirdo even when the media try to cultivate a normal personality for him. Our politics is in a dire state.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.