hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 582 of 614 FirstFirst ... 82482532572579580581582583584585592 ... LastLast
Results 11,621 to 11,640 of 12268

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Oh christ they HYS'd that?
    Mad i'll tell you. All Mad!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.

France have done this to us since June 1778 & the Anglo French war. All we have ever offered France is hand of friendship to get it slapped away.
    So much to mine in that HYS, but I particularly liked this neat encapsulation of cognitive dissonance.

"Apart from the war I just mentioned (not even the most recent one), all we have done is offered a hand of friendship!"

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Oh christ they HYS'd that?
    Mad i'll tell you. All Mad!
    I often wonder what the qualifying criteria are for HYS
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

UK consumer confidence at highest level since 2009
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...est-level-2009

How's consumer debt looking?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

PM's spokesperson has refused to say whether or not the PM agrees with Andrew Sabisky (an advisor of his) on eguenics and the intelligence of black people.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 17 2020 at 11:34:51 AM.

He needs to see what polls well first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    PM's spokesperson has refused to say whether or not the PM agrees with Andrew Sabisky (an advisor of his) on eguenics and the intelligence of black people.
    I thought that Sabisky stuff was from the daily mash, truly frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    I thought that Sabisky stuff was from the daily mash, truly frightening.
    Nope - https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-of-racial-iq

The last two paragraphs are chilling:

Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, said over the weekend that Sabisky’s comments were “not my views and those are not the views of the government”.

However, the prime minister’s deputy official spokesman said Shapps was speaking only for himself when he made that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Brexit: France warns UK of bitter trade negotiations

The 'have your say' comments are hilarious. Clearly the UK is the only nation allowed to think of their own trade interests when negotiating.
    It's hilarious yeah.

>There no good reason for the EU to be difficult on these negotiations

Oh, I don't know, except a million of them my dear fucking moron.
    But the EU can't be difficult at all dear. Because the UK holds all the cards!
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Hope people haven't got too wet recently. Some of the flooding images are crazy.

Hope people haven't got too wet recently. Some of the flooding images are crazy.
    The drive into work was somewhat interesting.

The floods can't be bad though, because COBRA hasn't sat and Johnson isn't planning on visiting any of the affected areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Responding to five people but not making one single point beyond crowing about how you've won.
    Well of course it doesn't matter that you are on the winning side as long as you have won the argument right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Meester is more of a Seagull with his malicious squaww'ing.
    I not sure what Ornithology has to do with the debate but OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Told you. He's basically a cat knocking over a potted plant with no clue about the outcome.
    If you are the plant then I will gladly be the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    UK consumer confidence at highest level since 2009https://www.theguardian.com/business...est-level-2009
    I blame the Conservatives and Boris Johnson for this. Have I got it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Responding to five people but not making one single point beyond crowing about how you've won.
    Well of course it doesn't matter that you are on the winning side as long as you have won the argument right?
    The argument hasn't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Told you. He's basically a cat knocking over a potted plant with no clue about the outcome.
    If you are the plant then I will gladly be the cat.
    Oh you're the cat alright. And the plant. And the floor it's crashing into.

I'm the neighbour with the hose trying to discourage that mangy cat from crapping in my garden.

[QUOTE=Meester;1881482]
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    UK consumer confidence at highest level since 2009https://www.theguardian.com/business...est-level-2009
    I blame the Conservatives and Boris Johnson for this. Have I got it right?
    "Retail sales*failed to rise for a record fifth month in a row in December the longest period since 1996 as household spending fell by 0.6% on the month. Several retailers, including*John Lewis*and*Marks & Spencer, have reported disappointing trading updates for the pivotal festive season."

That article basically reads like "things are so bad, people expect they have to get better"

Then the transition period ending without any trade deals at all will do wonders for peoples optimism for the future: "I see the access for bog roll and tea being better in the future as I don't have any currently"

The floods can't be bad though, because COBRA hasn't sat and Johnson isn't planning on visiting any of the affected areas.
    People just need to pull their socks up and deal with it. Maybe wear rubber socks.

The government’s secret Brexit dossiers are starting to pile up

Economic studies into the impact of Brexit are being suppressed because they are expected to show that the UK will gain little from new trade deals compared to the damage suffered from barriers with the EU, it was revealed today.

According to leaked analysis dating back to as long ago as 2017 deals with the US and Asia – long hailed as the prize for leaving the EU – will not sufficiently counteract the damage suffered if trade with the continent is impacted.

Alan Winters, professor of economics at the University of Sussex, commented that “the entire Brexit debate has been conducted in a great fog of obfuscation” when the Independent’s FOI request got batted away. Paul Blomfield, Labour’s Brexit spokesperson, also called for the reports to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

People just need to pull their socks up and deal with it. Maybe wear rubber socks.
    https://www.sealskinz.com/ are awesome.

Weather round my way has been ok. A bit windy and rainy but nowhere near what I've seen on the news elsewhere.

Here we're in for the long haul, waiting just waiting for the sea levels to rise, the fens to come back with a vengeance and my village to become an island again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

https://www.sealskinz.com/ are awesome.
    beat me to it