hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 994 of 1003 FirstFirst ... 494894944984991992993994995996997 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,880 of 20044

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Once groups become sufficiently self-service and agressively toxic, the only way to get anywhere with them is to be more self serving and more agressively toxic, it's a vicioous cycle and the only sensible wa to break it would be to take the lot of them out behind the chemical sheds and have them shot.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

The sensible, moderate unity position.

Kommisar Keckers, please report to Dispatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Well at least we avoided Chaos with Ed Miliband
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I had a belting bacon sandwich today
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I'm afraid we can only judge your posting by the footage of you eating said bacon sandwich.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I'm afraid we can only judge your posting by the footage of you eating said bacon sandwich.
    It's amazing what does and doesn't bring politicians down

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

The Met will now investigate...

Quote Originally Posted by Cressida Dick
    We have a long-established and effective working relationship with the Cabinet Office, who have an investigative capability.

As you well know they have been carrying out an investigation over the last few weeks.

What I can tell you this morning is that as a result of the information provided by the Cabinet Office inquiry team and, secondly, my officers’ own assessment, I can confirm that the Met is now investigating a number of events that took place at Downing Street and Whitehall in the last two years in relation to potential breaches of Covid-19 regulations.

The fact that we are now investigating does not, of course, mean that fixed-penalty notices will necessarily be issued in every instance and to every person involved.

We will not be giving a running commentary on our current investigations.

And the inevitable has happened...

A handy delay indeed.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

What's the politics / angle of having Rayner all over BoJo the clown, rather than KS?

My thoughtsare:
    - She's doing a great job of asking the pointy questions, waiting for the lies and blunder, for Kier to follow up the next day at PMQ's.
    - it's probably about as fun as Westminster gets.
    - KS doesn't get shouted at in the press for being a big meany to BoJo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A handy delay indeed.
    Apparently the Met have told the BBC that they don't mind the report coming out before they conclude their investigation, so perhaps not a long reprieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    What's the politics / angle of having Rayner all over BoJo the clown, rather than KS?

My thoughtsare:
    - She's doing a great job of asking the pointy questions, waiting for the lies and blunder, for Kier to follow up the next day at PMQ's.
    I'd generally agree. I like her approach. But I know that she doesn't come across well with everyone. My mum (Northern and erm, female) hates her, because she is too 'mouthy'. Ultimately it is internalized misogyny and internalized deference to the 'posh', imo, but I think a lot of older people have problems with her.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    A handy delay indeed.
    Apparently the Met have told the BBC that they don't mind the report coming out before they conclude their investigation, so perhaps not a long reprieve.
    Only on elements not included in the criminal investigation. It seems the met police are completely under the control of downing street and act in their interest instead of actually trying to apply the laws, a toothless investigation to follow which will conclude rules were broken but not to the point police would issue fines, the matter will be closed and we don't need the Sue Gray report as there was a police investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    A handy delay indeed.
    Only on elements not included in the criminal investigation. It seems the met police are completely under the control of downing street and act in their interest instead of actually trying to apply the laws, a toothless investigation to follow which will conclude rules were broken but not to the point police would issue fines, the matter will be closed and we don't need the Sue Gray report as there was a police investigation.
    Oh i wish i wasn't so cynical to think that events would play out in this exact manner, but i am fucking cynical these days and with Dick and Johnson sharing aquaintences, unless the 1922 commitee has given Dick a nod and a wink, Johnson will remain.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

A handy delay indeed.
    In a very convenient turn of the events the police have requested specific details be omitted from the Sue Grey report.

I wonder how much of the police report will now be publicly accessible if they ever finish it...
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

A handy delay indeed.
    In a very convenient turn of the events the police have requested specific details be omitted from the Sue Grey report.

I wonder how much of the police report will now be publicly accessible if they ever finish it...
    Yeah, optimistically this means they're practically certain they're going to charge someone and they want their ducks in a row for a full trial.

Pessimistically it means the fix is in. That document isn't a police investigation it's a civilian report and it's contents are independent of the investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Surely they'd be charging a lot of people if that is the route this ends up taking?

Surely they'd be charging a lot of people if that is the route this ends up taking?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Dick
    The MET do not, as policy, charge people with crimes after they have happened."
    I'm relatively sure it'll be diluted and watered down enough for BoJo to cling to power for a little longer. I'm quite enjoying his slow drawn outdeath as every week he's leader is another nail in the Tory party. It's not as if they ahve anyone competent who could step in and actually fix the catastrophe's they've caused.

In a few weeks there will be abother leak of something equally abhorrent that he and his shitshow of a top team have done, and the cycle will continue. He's just too Alexander Boris dePfeiffel johnson to actually leave accepting he's done any damage. Hopefully he takes the whole ship wtih him.
    Last edited by Itiken; January 29 2022 at 06:26:54 PM.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

My thoughtsare:
    It's the last bullet. She gives red meat to the left of the party, KS maintains dignified and what we used to call "Prime Ministerial" bearing (though this label is a joke given recent PMs)