hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1015 of 1028 FirstFirst ... 15515915965100510121013101410151016101710181025 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,300 of 20548

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #20281
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Thick Lizzy's rumoured cabinet picks:



    On the plus side, Patel is out.

    On the other hand, Braverman will be worse.
    How is Dorries still in?
    Dorries and Mogg backed Truss early

    Patel is getting the boot because she didn't.

    I just interviewed for a job at business. I can only imagine how difficult it is going to be doing net-zero policy with JRM as a boss

  2. #20282

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Thick Lizzy's rumoured cabinet picks:



    On the plus side, Patel is out.

    On the other hand, Braverman will be worse.
    How is Dorries still in?
    Dorries and Mogg backed Truss early

    Patel is getting the boot because she didn't.

    I just interviewed for a job at business. I can only imagine how difficult it is going to be doing net-zero policy with JRM as a boss
    Patel gone is good braverman might manage to be a worse home secretary. It's the same shower of shit in the cabinet with a Poundland Boris now in charge.

  3. #20283
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,255
    She's promised to fix energy crisis in a week after she takes office.

    This probably means she'll either lower the average bill by a meaninglessly low amount, or subsidize the energy companies' obscene profits with taxpayer money by selling off public services.

    Whatever she does will still let millions slide into poverty.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  4. #20284
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    585
    This is really getting worrisome. And I don't even live in the UK.
    I guess we'll get to see how badly you can damage a country in, what, 1.5 years until next election?

  5. #20285
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    This is really getting worrisome. And I don't even live in the UK.
    I guess we'll get to see how badly you can damage a country in, what, 1.5 years until next election?
    Half the country will be poverty slaves by then. It's over.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  6. #20286

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,772
    I'm looking forward to hearing her "I'm a nice Tory, unlike those nasty Tories who also said they were nice and whom I've been supporting for all these years" speech

  7. #20287

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,200
    Great article i saw linked on reddit today. Even if you dont use any energy. To pay for all the failures the avereage person will still pay 274 per year as a standing charge. Wonderful!

  8. #20288

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    7,096
    The important thing is Tory tax policy will finally treat rich people fairly by giving them more money back, since they make more.

  9. #20289

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    This is really getting worrisome. And I don't even live in the UK.
    I guess we'll get to see how badly you can damage a country in, what, 1.5 years until next election?
    Half the country will be poverty slaves by then. It's over.
    We will have a labour government for 10 years after this, the problem is that it's going to take 30 years to just fix the mess of this government.

  10. #20290

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    This is really getting worrisome. And I don't even live in the UK.
    I guess we'll get to see how badly you can damage a country in, what, 1.5 years until next election?
    Half the country will be poverty slaves by then. It's over.
    We will have a labour government for 10 years after this, the problem is that it's going to take 30 years to just fix the mess of this government.
    Wouldn't bet on that, labour has been pretty good on turning all tory messes into their own messes and losing support whenever tories fuck up.

  11. #20291

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,772

  12. #20292
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

    I just interviewed for a job at business. I can only imagine how difficult it is going to be doing net-zero policy with JRM as a boss
    A mate of mine just left business, apparently all their ministers have been thick as mince for years so it'll be business as usual.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  13. #20293

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    858
    Kwarteng as chancellor
    Cleverly as foreign secretary
    Braverman as home secretary
    Coffey as deputy prime minister and health secretary

    JFC...we have multiple crisis and they put in this shower of shit to try and sort it out

  14. #20294
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,393
    What makes you think the tories are using government to sort out crisis? Never let a good crisis go to waste!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  15. #20295

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What makes you think the tories are using government to sort out crisis? Never let a good crisis go to waste!
    Never ask what the government could do for the common punter in a crisis but what the government could do to the good boys club and their stock value!

  16. #20296
    Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Mails Tegg > пошел ты на хуй
    Posts
    5,255
    They're not trying to solve any crisis. They're doing the normal government thing of do everything in their power to take everything from the people.



    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

  17. #20297
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,522
    Since he isn't dead, and he will play a role in the years to come:

    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59135132

    He picked Charles III. as his regal name.

    Charles I. was famously executed after trying to be an absolute ruler.

    Charles II. was Charles I. son and founded the Royal Society. He tried to introduce religious freedom but failed.
    nevar forget

  18. #20298

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    7,096
    Will he end his reign 2:1 Charles' who died with their heads on or off their shoulders?

  19. #20299

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    6,210
    Charles isn't a very lucky name for an English king. The poor bastard has been waiting decades, he's already in his mid-70's. The world seems emptier with QE having passed.

  20. #20300

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,772
    Unless she screws up badly, Truss is going to get a boost in the polls from all this.

    Expect an election before Christmas.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •