hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 814 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 314714764804811812813814815816817824864914 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,280 of 20106

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #16261
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    ex gf in poland just had her flat flooded , when she came in, had to turn electric off as boiler was still plugged in and sparking the whole ordeal
    Why didn't the circuit breaker go off? All sockets in rooms with running water must be on a residual-current circuit breaker/ground-fault circuit interrupter in Germany. Similar to regulations all over Europe and not new but from the 80s.

    Tapapapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    in poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    regulations
    A decent set of fused plugs might be a good idea Euros
    no tnx. Civilized countries just put all their fuses in a central closet for easy access.



  2. #16262
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    ex gf in poland just had her flat flooded , when she came in, had to turn electric off as boiler was still plugged in and sparking the whole ordeal
    Why didn't the circuit breaker go off? All sockets in rooms with running water must be on a residual-current circuit breaker/ground-fault circuit interrupter in Germany. Similar to regulations all over Europe and not new but from the 80s.

    Tapapapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    in poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    regulations
    A decent set of fused plugs might be a good idea Euros
    no tnx. Civilized countries just put all their fuses in a central closet for easy access.
    We have that too. We just don't rely on single point of failure mechanics for life or death matters like electrical wiring, or producing vaccines in a timely manner.

  3. #16263
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    ex gf in poland just had her flat flooded , when she came in, had to turn electric off as boiler was still plugged in and sparking the whole ordeal
    Why didn't the circuit breaker go off? All sockets in rooms with running water must be on a residual-current circuit breaker/ground-fault circuit interrupter in Germany. Similar to regulations all over Europe and not new but from the 80s.

    Tapapapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    in poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    regulations
    A decent set of fused plugs might be a good idea Euros
    no tnx. Civilized countries just put all their fuses in a central closet for easy access.
    We have that too. We just don't rely on single point of failure mechanics for life or death matters like electrical wiring, or producing vaccines in a timely manner.
    Make better electrical wiring so you dont have to worry about getting electrocuted then and wasnt your entire vaccine production strategy "steal from europe"? It worked out well this time obviously because most of euro leadership are bumbling idiots but theres clearly a single point of failure there. (which is europe fucking up production and there being nothing to steal to begin with...)



  4. #16264
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    5,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    ex gf in poland just had her flat flooded , when she came in, had to turn electric off as boiler was still plugged in and sparking the whole ordeal
    Why didn't the circuit breaker go off? All sockets in rooms with running water must be on a residual-current circuit breaker/ground-fault circuit interrupter in Germany. Similar to regulations all over Europe and not new but from the 80s.

    Tapapapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    in poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    regulations
    A decent set of fused plugs might be a good idea Euros
    no tnx. Civilized countries just put all their fuses in a central closet for easy access.
    We have that too. We just don't rely on single point of failure mechanics for life or death matters like electrical wiring, or producing vaccines in a timely manner.
    Make better electrical wiring so you dont have to worry about getting electrocuted then and wasnt your entire vaccine production strategy "steal from europe"? It worked out well this time obviously because most of euro leadership are bumbling idiots but theres clearly a single point of failure there. (which is europe fucking up production and there being nothing to steal to begin with...)
    Steal from Europe.

    Omegalol

  5. #16265
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    ex gf in poland just had her flat flooded , when she came in, had to turn electric off as boiler was still plugged in and sparking the whole ordeal
    Why didn't the circuit breaker go off? All sockets in rooms with running water must be on a residual-current circuit breaker/ground-fault circuit interrupter in Germany. Similar to regulations all over Europe and not new but from the 80s.

    Tapapapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    in poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    regulations
    A decent set of fused plugs might be a good idea Euros
    no tnx. Civilized countries just put all their fuses in a central closet for easy access.
    We have that too. We just don't rely on single point of failure mechanics for life or death matters like electrical wiring, or producing vaccines in a timely manner.
    Make better electrical wiring so you dont have to worry about getting electrocuted then and wasnt your entire vaccine production strategy "steal from europe"? It worked out well this time obviously because most of euro leadership are bumbling idiots but theres clearly a single point of failure there. (which is europe fucking up production and there being nothing to steal to begin with...)
    Steal from Europe.

    Omegalol

  6. #16266
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,433
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered. And even now the press seems to care only because the British press cares.

    There had been delays and reports of delays from day one. There had been reports how Denmark managed to plan for every citizen when they will get their vaccine. There had been a bigger discussion about how our data privacy laws block such planning than who was getting what part of the production.

    We absolutely expected this to be a shit show roll out here anyway. I mean this was something planned by politicians. It had to fail.

    Why is anyone surprised?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  7. #16267
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,319
    I'm waiting for stories of shipments of vaccines to be replaced by fakes in transit and the real ones to turn up in Dubai and various other tax havens.

    edit: movie idea - London gang is contracted by the mafia to steal shipments of vaccines and smuggle them into Europe in Mini Coopers. The Italian Jab.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  8. #16268
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm waiting for stories of shipments of vaccines to be replaced by fakes in transit and the real ones to turn up in Dubai and various other tax havens.

    edit: movie idea - London gang is contracted by the mafia to steal shipments of vaccines and smuggle them into Europe in Mini Coopers. The Italian Jab.
    Topest Keks

  9. #16269
    Sarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered.
    If the Germans are going to give UK tabloids such good ammo it was only going to go one way.


  10. #16270
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered.
    If the Germans are going to give UK tabloids such good ammo it was only going to go one way.

    I have no idea who that is.
    nevar forget

  11. #16271
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    ex gf in poland just had her flat flooded , when she came in, had to turn electric off as boiler was still plugged in and sparking the whole ordeal
    Why didn't the circuit breaker go off? All sockets in rooms with running water must be on a residual-current circuit breaker/ground-fault circuit interrupter in Germany. Similar to regulations all over Europe and not new but from the 80s.

    Tapapapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    in poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    regulations
    A decent set of fused plugs might be a good idea Euros
    no tnx. Civilized countries just put all their fuses in a central closet for easy access.
    We have that too. We just don't rely on single point of failure mechanics for life or death matters like electrical wiring, or producing vaccines in a timely manner.
    Make better electrical wiring so you dont have to worry about getting electrocuted then and wasnt your entire vaccine production strategy "steal from europe"? It worked out well this time obviously because most of euro leadership are bumbling idiots but theres clearly a single point of failure there. (which is europe fucking up production and there being nothing to steal to begin with...)
    Steal from Europe.

    Omegalol
    See you cant trust them dirty pirates theyre coming into our virgin waters stealing our medicines. This is what we get for letting that rif raf into europe to begin with!



  12. #16272
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered.
    If the Germans are going to give UK tabloids such good ammo it was only going to go one way.

    Anne widdecombe was one of our MEPs
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  13. #16273
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered. And even now the press seems to care only because the British press cares.
    It's not very surprising IMHO. The British press has been looking for any excuse to stir up the "us vs them" way of thinking and to divert attention away from the failures of their own leadership/country. Instead of being glad that for once Boris' government hasn't cocked up something covid-related their eyes immediately turned to the EU to see if the UK for once has a lesser amount of misery (although I don't think the UK is winning that one overall tbh).

    What the British press is largely ignoring is that the UK will also receive far less vaccines in the coming months than that Boris has promised. We're in this shit together, Brexit or not. AZ being unable to meet all their contracts in the coming months hurts us all.

    The UK press desperately wanting to compete on stuff with the EU and the EU press largely being done with Brexit leads to very asymmetric press coverage to such matters in different countries.

  14. #16274
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    24,319
    The UK press should be ignored and the head offices burnt to the ground.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  15. #16275
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The Anglophone press should be ignored and the head offices burnt to the ground.
    sorry, had to

  16. #16276
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    5,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered. And even now the press seems to care only because the British press cares.
    It's not very surprising IMHO. The British press has been looking for any excuse to stir up the "us vs them" way of thinking and to divert attention away from the failures of their own leadership/country. Instead of being glad that for once Boris' government hasn't cocked up something covid-related their eyes immediately turned to the EU to see if the UK for once has a lesser amount of misery (although I don't think the UK is winning that one overall tbh).

    What the British press is largely ignoring is that the UK will also receive far less vaccines in the coming months than that Boris has promised. We're in this shit together, Brexit or not. AZ being unable to meet all their contracts in the coming months hurts us all.

    The UK press desperately wanting to compete on stuff with the EU and the EU press largely being done with Brexit leads to very asymmetric press coverage to such matters in different countries.
    Both you and your wife are just as guilty of this to be honest. Everything you post is filtered through some bizarre EU proxy-nationalism.

  17. #16277
    Pegging Specialist Donor indi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    What is surprising that this was a big deal in British newspaoers/media before the German media even bothered. And even now the press seems to care only because the British press cares.
    It's not very surprising IMHO. The British press has been looking for any excuse to stir up the "us vs them" way of thinking and to divert attention away from the failures of their own leadership/country. Instead of being glad that for once Boris' government hasn't cocked up something covid-related their eyes immediately turned to the EU to see if the UK for once has a lesser amount of misery (although I don't think the UK is winning that one overall tbh).

    What the British press is largely ignoring is that the UK will also receive far less vaccines in the coming months than that Boris has promised. We're in this shit together, Brexit or not. AZ being unable to meet all their contracts in the coming months hurts us all.

    The UK press desperately wanting to compete on stuff with the EU and the EU press largely being done with Brexit leads to very asymmetric press coverage to such matters in different countries.
    Both you and your wife are just as guilty of this to be honest. Everything you post is filtered through some bizarre EU proxy-nationalism.
    I don't mind an honest discussion about that, Djan. Everyone has a bias, however much you try not to have it. I try to stick to facts and figures, so .. please tell me where I strayed. Feel free to use a PM.

    Personally, I can see many things wrong with the EU that really do need solving or its existence is truly at risk. Think of the way decisions are made (or not made), the issues with several member states regarding the state of rule-of-law there, etc, the sometimes insane red tape (Brussels - Strassbourg anyone?), etc. I also see what it brings and how it was before, as I am old enough now to remember border checks, random xenophobia and little exchange of knowledge, students, etc. We have become significantly wealthier as well, and yes, I also remember the before there.

    Last but not least, if you want to leave, you want to leave. I'm not opposing that either.

  18. #16278
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Everything you post is filtered through some bizarre EU proxy-nationalism.
    Reality?



  19. #16279
    Smegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2, 2012
    Posts
    1,291
    The EU is not perfect by any metric, but for those of us in the UK, please remember that London is the money laundering capital of the world (and has been for over a decade). We're not exactly squeeky clean in any way shape or form.

    edit/ autocorrect were - we're
    Last edited by Smegs; January 30 2021 at 05:44:55 PM.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

  20. #16280
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    17,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegs View Post
    The EU is not perfect by any metric, but for those of us in the UK, please remember that London is the money laundering capital of the world (and has been for over three centuries). Were not exactly squeeky clean in any way shape or form.
    FYP.
    meh

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •