hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

On a lighter note...

Last edited by Rodj Blake; November 6 2018 at 12:39:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Based on which court ruling?
    Criminal as in

informal: (of an action or situation) deplorable and shocking

But you are right, he has not been tried in a court of law.
    I don't see it ever happening either.
    Leave.EU and Banks's company have been fined £60k each for illegally sharing data with each other.
    Seems quite light - to what degree were they sharing data?

Wouldn't surprise me if 60k was the maximum fine or something.

Stuff like that is usually fined at a level which is considered a reasonable cost of doing business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Wouldn't surprise me if 60k was the maximum fine or something.

Stuff like that is usually fined at a level which is considered a reasonable cost of doing business.
    Until the cost of business includes some time at her majesty's pleasure I don't think this is going to change.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D=ansmsnnews11

Exceptional bad taste, but arrest worthy and punishable?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

I'd say not but once the media and outrage mob got a hold of it I don't think the police had much choice. Hopefully it gets thrown out of court.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    not a crime imo, just horrifically bad taste. on a moral level i'm not sure how it's any different than;

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

I'd say not but once the media and outrage mob got a hold of it I don't think the police had much choice. Hopefully it gets thrown out of court.
    This is what happens when millions of people can see a thing that took all of 30 minutes to create

Same with the nazi pug shit, 20 years ago nobody would have even noticed, but viral internet tribalism mean that the police are instantly notified about anything that's "technically" illegal

(and yes, I agree that police shouldn't have been involved, but once they were I'd rather they follow the law instead of going "eh nah we'll let you off")

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    not a crime imo, just horrifically bad taste. on a moral level i'm not sure how it's any different than;

he isn't even doing it right (assuming it's real)

same as those idiots tho

https://www.scotsman.com/news/meat-t...hers-1-4825479

UK Meat Tax increases could save many lives, surely right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Based on which court ruling?
    Criminal as in

informal: (of an action or situation) deplorable and shocking

But you are right, he has not been tried in a court of law.
    I don't see it ever happening either.
    Leave.EU and Banks's company have been fined £60k each for illegally sharing data with each other.
    Seems quite light - to what degree were they sharing data?
    They gave each other their mailing lists, and then sent mails.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/meat-t...hers-1-4825479

UK Meat Tax increases could save many lives, surely right thing to do.
    We should be taxing meat much more heavily than fruits and vegetables, yes. There have been many proposals in the EU to address this via. fpr example, dividing the one VAT we use for food into subcategories.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

>Consumer side externality taxes

Meanwhile the supply chain gets heavy subsidies. A whole new level of economic retardation. Capitalists can't even do capitalism correctly.

Incremental NIC increases based on body fat percentage could at least be logically defended, this sort of shit just baffles me. I'd love to see if the sugar tax has actually affected anything, it'll be a few years before there's any useful data from it. It isn't even like they ring fence the proceeds for public health initiatives.
    Last edited by Keckers; November 7 2018 at 10:56:08 AM.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Well soon after the no deal brexit you are free to tax everything as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Well soon after the no deal brexit you are free to tax everything as you like.
    The implication we have any sort of democratic representation on economic matters is cute.

>Consumer side externality taxes

Meanwhile the supply chain gets heavy subsidies. A whole new level of economic retardation. Capitalists can't even do capitalism correctly.

Incremental NIC increases based on body fat percentage could at least be logically defended, this sort of shit just baffles me. I'd love to see if the sugar tax has actually affected anything, it'll be a few years before there's any useful data from it. It isn't even like they ring fence the proceeds for public health initiatives.
    The misses works in primary care (relatively high up) and one of the ideas that we have is for Joe Public to have the option to pay a premium on their NI contributions to receive better/faster health care. It isn't sustainable otherwise, and the private sector will take it over unless something is done

That would never happen. It's utterly antithetical to the principles of the NHS. You cannot and should not ever be able to "top up" your care.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    That would never happen. It's utterly antithetical to the principles of the NHS. You cannot and should not ever be able to "top up" your care.
    If the NHS were to provide that "accelerated service", yes it would. But if it were to be provided by a private entity, then it wouldn't. A bit like a halfway-house to fully private health care.

Right, but we're all sane enough to recognise that't exactly the same thing. Try it today and see what happens. For example ask a private hospital what happens if you suffer a genuine emergency while they're pretending to be a healthcare provider. They call an ambulance and you go to A&E to be triaged, same as everyone else.

Care is, must be and always will be only ever delivered based on clinical need. Anything else would cause open revolt in the NHS.

The American Revolution started when the British decided to put a tax on tea.

Imagine what will happen if the government tries to tax bacon.