hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 570 of 608 FirstFirst ... 70470520560567568569570571572573580 ... LastLast
Results 11,381 to 11,400 of 12142

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #11381
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,232
    Higher vote share than Milliband, huge membership increase (but not the right kind of members apparently). The westminster parliamentary system isn't very democratic, and the left suffer the greatest. Blair should have carried out the electoral reform which was in his manifesto.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  2. #11382

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Higher vote share than Milliband, huge membership increase (but not the right kind of members apparently). The westminster parliamentary system isn't very democratic, and the left suffer the greatest. Blair should have carried out the electoral reform which was in his manifesto.
    Which translated itself into the smallest Labour representation in the HoC since the 30ies. Congratulations. Some achievement. And you're still blaming Blair for that. Amazing.

    The electorate emphatically rejected your magic grandpa now several times. And when polled, the membership clearly rejects his continuity candidate as well. His anointed successor lost her seat.

    Right now Corbyn and his parasitic friends are as politically toxic for the Labour party as a bucket of cyanide. They're now competing in the unpopularity stakes with Blair, ffs.

    Pull your head out of Seumas' arse, and take the fucking hint already: pack it in. Start your own party if you have to, but please shut the fuck up and leave. Your 'revolution' is well and truly over.

  3. #11383
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,232
    A scot defending the Westminster system The tories gained 1% of the vote and got landslide. Wow, what a fantastic democracy we live in which centrists trip over themselves to uphold.

    When polled, the country back left wing Labour policies, which I also support, and I'll support whichever figure head happens to be in the position to deliver them. I don't care about Corbyn or anyone involved in personality politics, I care about whoever gives a shit about democratic socialism and is closest to power.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  4. #11384
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Also, Watson isn't around anymore, so it would be unclear who the interim leader would be, really. And if it would be one of the candidates for the position, everyone would cry 'anointed successor' etc.

    Anyway, good to see that Jen and Len, and Milne and Murray, are failing (as always) to ram their candidate through.

    Also laughing at the obvious ploy of having Lavery run against Wrong Daily, just so Kathy can get a spot on her team.

    I really hope Starmer gets it, and I really hope he kicks all those no-hope, no-competence, Stalinist fuckers out of Labour HQ and the unions. It's well past time for a good and thorough spring cleaning in the Labour party.
    Yes, yes, yes. Purge the enemy. Make the Labour party pure and right again. Deny people membership of unions based on political affiliation.
    If you don't like it: start your own party.

    Starmer top of the list just shows that the vast majority of the members have had quite enough of your cult.

    So why not pack it in already? Haven't you lot done enough damage already?
    Barth, I'm going to put this in very simple terms: I am not your enemy and outright abusing me every time you respond to one of my posts is needlessly nasty.

    Starmer is the early favourite. Good. He's my choice. He's my choice based on his policy positions and voting record. He might well remain my choice based on his campaigning.

    But Starmer is being selected by the same people who selected Jeremy Corbyn. TWICE. The party membership.

    You cannot call the party membership a bunch of cultists when they vote for the person you don't like and suggest that the same group has 'had enough of people like me' (been a member since I was old enough to join Young Labour fyi) when they vote for the person you do like.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  5. #11385
    Time to renew my Labour membership and get behind RLB


  6. #11386

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A scot defending the Westminster system The tories gained 1% of the vote and got landslide. Wow, what a fantastic democracy we live in which centrists trip over themselves to uphold.

    When polled, the country back left wing Labour policies, which I also support, and I'll support whichever figure head happens to be in the position to deliver them. I don't care about Corbyn or anyone involved in personality politics, I care about whoever gives a shit about democratic socialism and is closest to power.
    And where was I defending the Westminster system? Oh, right, I wasn't. It's just more deflection. Away from the fact that clearly, the vast majority of the electorate didn't think your magic grandpa could deliver on his myriad of pipedreams randomly dumped on them without rhyme or reason or preparation. They just didn't want nationalised broadband hard enough I suppose.

    And for someone who doesn't believe in personality politics, you spend an awful lot of time defending said failure and his Stalinist buddies.

    Pack it in. You want democratic socialism in England? Then Labour needs to get rid of Corbyn and his clique. The sooner the better.

    At least the 'centrists' in Scotland are getting things done (and elected).

  7. #11387

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Time to renew my Labour membership and get behind RLB
    doiiittttt

  8. #11388

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A scot defending the Westminster system The tories gained 1% of the vote and got landslide. Wow, what a fantastic democracy we live in which centrists trip over themselves to uphold.
    It's a good job Corbyn promised to correct the electoral system in his magical manifesto of unicorns, then. Oh wait...

  9. #11389
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A scot defending the Westminster system The tories gained 1% of the vote and got landslide. Wow, what a fantastic democracy we live in which centrists trip over themselves to uphold.

    When polled, the country back left wing Labour policies, which I also support, and I'll support whichever figure head happens to be in the position to deliver them. I don't care about Corbyn or anyone involved in personality politics, I care about whoever gives a shit about democratic socialism and is closest to power.
    And where was I defending the Westminster system? Oh, right, I wasn't. It's just more deflection. Away from the fact that clearly, the vast majority of the electorate didn't think your magic grandpa could deliver on his myriad of pipedreams randomly dumped on them without rhyme or reason or preparation. They just didn't want nationalised broadband hard enough I suppose.

    And for someone who doesn't believe in personality politics, you spend an awful lot of time defending said failure and his Stalinist buddies.

    Pack it in. You want democratic socialism in England? Then Labour needs to get rid of Corbyn and his clique. The sooner the better.

    At least the 'centrists' in Scotland are getting things done (and elected).
    The vast majority of the electorate have never supported anyone

    I agree with you that adding more policy in the middle of a campaign which wasn't about policy wasnt going to achieve anything. In fact, it looks like labour should have backed Brexit to not lose the seats they lost in the north, but that wouldn't have kept you happy would it?

    I supported the Brexit approach they took, because what was the alternative if not straight out remain or hard Brexit? I don't think there is a winning Brexit position for them to take in hindsight.

    Corbyn is going, and it looks like his clique will be following him. I'm defending the revival of left wing thought in the party membership and leadership, the face of that doesn't matter.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  10. #11390
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,279
    Meanwhile, over here in Liverpool: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...takes-17513712

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers

  11. #11391

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,087
    Barth should chill the fuck out.

  12. #11392
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,556
    Yes but it's fine for him to spew abuse at everyone in this thread because he does it with big words without any of those nasty swears. God forbid you swear, that gets you infractions.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  13. #11393
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,279
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Meanwhile, over here in Liverpool: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...takes-17513712

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    lol some mad lads took some decks and massive speakers down and banged out a load of dnb for it

    https://www.facebook.com/CodieMc/vid...8838631009802/

  14. #11394
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,923
    boris drinks buckfast with a straw hahahahahaaaa

  15. #11395
    Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    300' AGL
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Yes but it's fine for him to spew abuse at everyone in this thread because he does it with big words without any of those nasty swears. God forbid you swear, that gets you infractions.
    While not with much tact there's not really much there that's over the top.

    Personally I wish ya'll would shut the fuck up. But that's just me. Have a pint and figure it out like men or keep slapping your keyboards. Whatever.

  16. #11396
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Personally I wish ya'll would shut the fuck up. But that's just me. Have a pint and figure it out like men or keep slapping your keyboards. Whatever.
    The "my version of Labour is better than your version of Labour" whinging is getting pretty stale...

    Who's ready for Brexit in the next... oh, let's call it 4 weeks?

  17. #11397
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    20,232
    Who's ready for brexit in 4 weeks while the government undergoes an ideological campaign to revolutionise the civil service spearheaded by an unelected technocrat whose only experience is running an airline which never had any flights and using stolen facebook data to lie about the EU?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  18. #11398
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.
    The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.
    She'd probably lose 3 elections in a row to a tory government so outrageously incompetent and corrupt that if you'd used what it's done over the last 5 years as the plot of a novel, you'd have been laughed out of town a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  19. #11399
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.
    The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.
    She'd probably lose 3 elections in a row to a tory government so outrageously incompetent and corrupt that if you'd used what it's done over the last 5 years as the plot of a novel, you'd have been laughed out of town a decade ago.
    If nothing else Conservative leaders know when to fall on their swords...


  20. #11400

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Who's ready for brexit in 4 weeks while the government undergoes an ideological campaign to revolutionise the civil service spearheaded by an unelected technocrat whose only experience is running an airline which never had any flights and using stolen facebook data to lie about the EU?
    Cummings will learn, as all spads learn, that they are, despite their overwhelming sense to the contrary, not actually smarter than the civil service.

    His blog's already ruined any chances he had - as the de facto head of policy for the civil service he has established that any policies he's going to propose are inherently discriminatory (i.e. based on age and other protected factors), so they'd do nothing but rack up the legal bills as every person over 35 denied a promotion or a post takes their department to the cleaners. The sad thing is some of his ideas aren't actually terrible, he's just too much of an insufferable cunt to grapple with the idea that people might actually want to help him with some of these things.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •