hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 551 of 738 FirstFirst ... 51451501541548549550551552553554561601651 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 14743

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i actually agree with meester sort of, Labour actually need a populist if they've got any chance of getting in next time (and a populist that northern people don't mind voting for)
    Labour need someone who won't make a song and dance about ending billionaires but will do it as soon as they get in power. Anyone talking about sensible redistribution of wealth is going to get slammed by the BBC and the press no matter how decent a person they are.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    i actually agree with meester sort of, Labour actually need a populist if they've got any chance of getting in next time (and a populist that northern people don't mind voting for)
    Labour need someone who won't make a song and dance about ending billionaires but will do it as soon as they get in power. Anyone talking about sensible redistribution of wealth is going to get slammed by the BBC and the press no matter how decent a person they are.
    no, they need someone who is electable. Great having those principles, but if you're a flat cap wearing allotment owner you aren't going to be elected to enact them.

of course there will - look at opinion polls on policy and so on - people generally want labours policy, they just don't want a crusty marxist (true or not) leading the party. Find a Blair MK2 and Labour wins easy.
    big question marx here

what about that confuses you?

Should be pretty obvious what I was referring to.

Blair wasn't a populist. Everything from his career to the media-friendly New Labor was an reassurance to the UK's institutions. Just different enough from the spent conservatives and heartless Thatcherism, but not actually repudiating the worst changes of that era

Blair's success wasn't really about policy that much. He was just really fucking good at politics. He convinced people that they *wanted* him as PM and it was so

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I was explaining why he was *allowed* to succeed, not why he succeeded in the end. Someone who rejected privatization or attacked the empire of finance would've been dogged by the media

The confusion with Blair is the same old story of mistaking a charismatic politician for a populist one (rip USA)

The vicious, toxic, lefty anti-semetic rasist wing of the labour party strike again... We can no longer talk to the left after Corbynsims wretched taint... /centerists

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    The vicious, toxic, lefty anti-semetic rasist wing of the labour party strike again... We can no longer talk to the left after Corbynsims wretched taint... /centerists
    Are you feeling ok?

Don't mind Pattern, he likes sitting in the corner building straw men.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    How many times have you called me a corbynista just because I didn't ball my eyes out at the irredeemable "state of the labour party" and contemplate voting lib dem?

Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Last edited by Pattern; January 2 2020 at 12:21:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    How many times have you called me a corbynista just because I didn't ball my eyes out at the irredeemable "state of the labour party" and contemplate voting lib dem?
    I don't know, why don't you go and count the posts and get back to me? I don't make many posts these days, it shouldn't take you long.

Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.

Wait is Starmer a dirty Marxist now? News to me...

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

He's both a hardline marxist and a corrupt blairite at the same time

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.
    The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.

I need to go to UK first week of february. Do I need to get a passport?

The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.
    Christ you’re retarded hahaha

How's that counting going?

You're saying that about Thornberry, Starmer, Nandy, Phillips et al but not Rebecca "Not Laura Pidcock, but close enough" Long Bailey?