hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 551 of 738 FirstFirst ... 51451501541548549550551552553554561601651 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 14743

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #11001
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,927
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i actually agree with meester sort of, Labour actually need a populist if they've got any chance of getting in next time (and a populist that northern people don't mind voting for)
    Labour need someone who won't make a song and dance about ending billionaires but will do it as soon as they get in power. Anyone talking about sensible redistribution of wealth is going to get slammed by the BBC and the press no matter how decent a person they are.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  2. #11002
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i actually agree with meester sort of, Labour actually need a populist if they've got any chance of getting in next time (and a populist that northern people don't mind voting for)
    Labour need someone who won't make a song and dance about ending billionaires but will do it as soon as they get in power. Anyone talking about sensible redistribution of wealth is going to get slammed by the BBC and the press no matter how decent a person they are.
    no, they need someone who is electable. Great having those principles, but if you're a flat cap wearing allotment owner you aren't going to be elected to enact them.

  3. #11003
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,778
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i actually agree with meester sort of, Labour actually need a populist if they've got any chance of getting in next time (and a populist that northern people don't mind voting for)
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

    of course there will - look at opinion polls on policy and so on - people generally want labours policy, they just don't want a crusty marxist (true or not) leading the party. Find a Blair MK2 and Labour wins easy.
    big question marx here

  4. #11004
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,793
    what about that confuses you?

  5. #11005
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,778
    Should be pretty obvious what I was referring to.

    Blair wasn't a populist. Everything from his career to the media-friendly New Labor was an reassurance to the UK's institutions. Just different enough from the spent conservatives and heartless Thatcherism, but not actually repudiating the worst changes of that era

  6. #11006
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,643
    Blair's success wasn't really about policy that much. He was just really fucking good at politics. He convinced people that they *wanted* him as PM and it was so


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  7. #11007
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,778
    I was explaining why he was *allowed* to succeed, not why he succeeded in the end. Someone who rejected privatization or attacked the empire of finance would've been dogged by the media

    The confusion with Blair is the same old story of mistaking a charismatic politician for a populist one (rip USA)

  8. #11008
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,137
    The vicious, toxic, lefty anti-semetic rasist wing of the labour party strike again... We can no longer talk to the left after Corbynsims wretched taint... /centerists

  9. #11009
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    3,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    The vicious, toxic, lefty anti-semetic rasist wing of the labour party strike again... We can no longer talk to the left after Corbynsims wretched taint... /centerists
    Are you feeling ok?

  10. #11010

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,762
    Don't mind Pattern, he likes sitting in the corner building straw men.

  11. #11011
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Don't mind Pattern, he likes sitting in the corner building straw men.
    How many times have you called me a corbynista just because I didn't ball my eyes out at the irredeemable "state of the labour party" and contemplate voting lib dem?

    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Last edited by Pattern; January 2 2020 at 12:21:33 PM.

  12. #11012

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Don't mind Pattern, he likes sitting in the corner building straw men.
    How many times have you called me a corbynista just because I didn't ball my eyes out at the irredeemable "state of the labour party" and contemplate voting lib dem?
    I don't know, why don't you go and count the posts and get back to me? I don't make many posts these days, it shouldn't take you long.

  13. #11013

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.

  14. #11014
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,628
    Wait is Starmer a dirty Marxist now? News to me...

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  15. #11015
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,643
    He's both a hardline marxist and a corrupt blairite at the same time


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  16. #11016
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.
    The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.

  17. #11017
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,279
    I need to go to UK first week of february. Do I need to get a passport?

  18. #11018
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.
    The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.
    Christ you’re retarded hahaha

  19. #11019

    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    2,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    ...
    How's that counting going?

  20. #11020

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Are the same party members (aka Corbyn's cultists) contemplating voting for someone else just as rotten to the core now as they were then?
    Well given Wrong Daily is sitting on 30-odd percent in the same poll despite a complete lack of any charisma, gravitas, policies, experience or relevant skills, yes.
    The fact that she's not winning with 30-40 odd percent while the rest of the membership vacillate between a raft of generally uncharismatic, unidentifiable candidates with flexible positions is the real wonder. Welcome to the cult of Starmer.
    You're saying that about Thornberry, Starmer, Nandy, Phillips et al but not Rebecca "Not Laura Pidcock, but close enough" Long Bailey?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •