hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 677 of 711 FirstFirst ... 177577627667674675676677678679680687 ... LastLast
Results 13,521 to 13,540 of 14210

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Argued with my dad the other day on a very similar point re: fishermen. He retired in a small fishing village and not unnaturally, he sympathises with them. Also swallowed hook line and sinker the tory brexit propaganda grr spanish fshermen, etc..

My face when I'm explaining to him that relying on tories to protect the interests of the northern working class might not be the best scheme ever, oh hey there's a mining village 6 miles down the road let's jump on the 2 services a day bus and go ask how it worked out for them.

He claims to believe that the fisherman wont be sold out the second it makes Johnson's new girlfriend a quid.
    I'm waiting for the TV reports of fishermen being confused by the the fact they can no longer go down to the Bay of Biscay.

Watching Election '97 on the BBC Parliament channel. It's worth it just to see the likes of Hamilton, Mellor, and Portillo get humiliated.

They also have Frank Skinner.

Opinium tonight has the tories with a bare 5% lead. What should be more worrying is if the numbers are correct the SNP are tracking towards 60+%, and Scottish Parliament elections are in less than a year - 31 MSPs on the chopping block and IndyRef 2.

Cummings would see that as a fair trade for his hide. The 1922, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Opinium tonight has the tories with a bare 5% lead. What should be more worrying is if the numbers are correct the SNP are tracking towards 60+%, and Scottish Parliament elections are in less than a year - 31 MSPs on the chopping block and IndyRef 2.

Well, there will be a minor event that will probably also slightly affect the voters before that vote, some thing called the best brexit ever.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

There's only one thing that would make this government allow Indyref 2, and that's them needing to get rid of 60+ opposition Westminster MPs in order to remain in power. And even then, you need to offset that against them using the SNP as a bogeyman to scare potential Labour voters in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    How is an individual ignoring your bullshit censorship dear sir?
    People choose the Peoples Daily so it is individuals choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Argued with my dad the other day on a very similar point re: fishermen. He retired in a small fishing village and not unnaturally, he sympathises with them. Also swallowed hook line and sinker the tory brexit propaganda grr spanish fshermen, etc..

My face when I'm explaining to him that relying on tories to protect the interests of the northern working class might not be the best scheme ever, oh hey there's a mining village 6 miles down the road let's jump on the 2 services a day bus and go ask how it worked out for them.

He claims to believe that the fisherman wont be sold out the second it makes Johnson's new girlfriend a quid.
    Dementia is a cruel disease.
    Not as cruel as hope.

EDIT: I should add that he lives a few miles down the road from the Redcar steel plant, as was.
    Last edited by Malcanis; May 31 2020 at 07:07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post

Dementia is a cruel disease.
    Not as cruel as hope.

EDIT: I should add that he lives a few miles down the road from the Redcar steel plant, as was.
    Pandora sends her regards

Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    For a second i parsed that as "be executed via car crash in a paris tunnel". Chance would be a fine thing

*roleplay

There's still time.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Awesome peak daily express. brexit posturing, boris and the queen. bravo.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

No mention of Diana or temperatures in high numbers, but other than that, solid daily expressing.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Right, Brexit talks. Still going for the hard Brexit, isn't he?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Of course they are.

Covid19 hands them a perfect shield, all the economic fallout from hard brexit can be rolled into covid19 fallout. The cynic in me might suggest that the reason we're opening up now, despite being laughably unready to do so, is to make sure that second wave is good and peaked in late August so we can lock down for another 3 months and push the economic fall out into 2021. That's the cynic in me, mind.

And then blamed on the Chinese
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

When were we supposed to have a deal/no deal ready anyway? June 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    When were we supposed to have a deal/no deal ready anyway? June 30?
    30th June is under the Withdrawal Agreement the last date that either side can ask for an extension to the transition period. However, the UK now has a law that makes it illegal for us to ask for one or to grant one if the EU asks for it.