hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 672 of 711 FirstFirst ... 172572622662669670671672673674675682 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,440 of 14212

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

No you're just a bootlicker who would fit right in to an authoritarian dictatorship. Don't question dear leader, if you do you're a traitor!

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Imagine being a simp for etonian chinless wonders.

Fucking embarrassing tbqh fam
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Boris up in front of the liaison committee. He's going to bits just on the basic questions from Jenkin, who is a stooge. This should get interesting.
    Last edited by elmicker; May 27 2020 at 03:13:28 PM.

Cooper has absolutely demolished him.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Yep. That's the sum total of the questioning allowed on the topic as well. Boris had the committee rules changed from the normal setup where each member gets a set amount of time to a set amount per topic, he then had Bernard Jenkin installed as the chair and had a number of independently minded tory MPs un-invited. For the one time a year he has deigned to turn up, just before parliament goes into recess.

Oh, and the death rate has spiked.

VE day was three weeks ago.

Just saying.

Jesus christ he can't even bring himself to say track and trace directions to isolate are compulsory.

What's happened to the daily testing figure recently?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    They didn't notice they hadn't published it for the past 5 days.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Well to be fair it took me 5 days to notice as well. Holding them to a higher standard would be mean.

They started including serological testing and survey testing, neither of which are clinically relevant. So there will be spikes where 20-30k tests (or even 5-10x that in the near future) are sent out en masse for non-clinical purposes, on a single day. This makes the "people tested" number unreliable, so they've stopped reporting it. This is on the face of it because adding those numbers up is (semi-legitimately) hard, but also because it would reveal the lie that we're still only really doing 20-30k clinical person-tests per day.

I honestly would have thought the testing would be the one thing we could do well as a country. Have the government just not bothered to put any effort into it? It is probably the easiest metric under their direct control to build public confidence and lower the overall economic cost of the crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Im for the UK as long as democratic principles are adhered to.
    You mean democratic principles like having an unelected head of state, and unelected upper chamber, and a woefully unproportional lower chamber?

Those democratic principles?

I honestly would have thought the testing would be the one thing we could do well as a country. Have the government just not bothered to put any effort into it? It is probably the easiest metric under their direct control to build public confidence and lower the overall economic cost of the crisis.
    Testing is one of the big tragedies of this. People made a lot of Germany's testing capacity, but ours is not incomparable. Every NHS hospital, every university, every pharma company has the capacity to execute these tests at significant scale - especially once they'd all stopped doing their normal business. The tests themselves are pretty simple. Instead of leveraging this scale the government kept testing isolated to just the single Public Health England lab. By the time they realised they needed more testing - in April- the reality was we simply couldn't buy enough reagents or test kits to get those potential testers working. Even the Americans bought millions of tests right off the bat, even if they didn't work.

We looked at our PHE Lab capacity and went "nah that won't scale" and decided not to scale it because we thought we'd get away without it. Then we tried to cobble it all together after the fact, led by fucking donkeys, in the middle of a lockdown. So that well known health provider Deloitte ends up running the testing sites and the backend infra, so that all went to shit. And of course even when the capacity was increased no one bothered to think about when to apply those tests, so capacity goes to waste because no one has told hospitals it is now ok to test more people, or told the call centres that the criteria have changed

omni-shambles.

Something similar is brewing with the track and trace system. My mother - a retired nurse of not insignificant distinction - signed up to feel useful during her isolation, and has been shocked at the basic nature of what's been built. Anyone with half an ounce of sense would have outsourced it en masse to someone like Teleperformance or one of the other big contact centre/customer service groups. Instead it has all been built from scratch, centrally by CabO, which is why it still isn't live. Basic shit like logins to RingCentral not working.

The tracing app is a similar clusterfuck.

Is this a ministerial fuck up or a civil service fuck up?

Is this a ministerial fuck up or a civil service fuck up?
    Could not be more of a ministerial fuck up. Frankly the civil service and other public bodies have largely been heroes through this. Things like the furlough scheme application system were knocked out in 4 weeks from scratch, to spec and under budget without issue. The NHS transformed itself overnight to increase critical care capacity by a factor of 4-5. The things that have gone badly can be rooted back to bad decisions, with execution challenges largely stemming back to bad decision making. For example you could use buying PPE as an example of something that is primarily an operational challenge, but it doesn't help that the government waited until we were 3 months into the scandal to even put in place a national-level PPE management scheme. It is through absolute fucking miracle working at the execution level that we largely dodged any critical gaps in PPE provision.

Dido Harding is doing today's briefing. Will anybody ask her if the data used by the test and trace programme is more secure than TalkTalk's was?
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; May 27 2020 at 04:49:39 PM.

Good news lads no more staying alert!

Now we're doing "test and trace".

So how long till the deadline for requesting extension to the transition period for brexit and how are the trade negotiations going?

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So how long till the deadline for requesting extension to the transition period for brexit and how are the trade negotiations going?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Dido Harding is doing today's briefing. Will anybody ask her if the data used by the test and trace programme is more secure than TalkTalk's was?
    You know what, I've just criticized the service's delivery, but she's still a damned sight more competent than anyone else from government who has been up on that podium. Knows her numbers, knows the detail under the numbers.