hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161
Results 3,201 to 3,213 of 3213

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    oh the 'independent party' are based on the same road as my work, through this company; http://www.oakwood-corporate.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    A few twitter trolls isn't an 'anti-Semitic wing of the Labour party'.
    this kind of "IT'S NOT A REAL ISSUE" hand waving is the actual problem hth
    It is a real issue. I just have a problem with how much of an issue it is made out to be in comparison to every other issue that is present in politics and parliamentary parties by people who otherwise don't give a shit about Jewish communities or other forms of discrimination.

edit: Well this is unfortunate.

Haha, excellent drama.

Did anyone hear the BBC hotmike thing? Apparently someone said something to the effect of: well we’re really fucked now.
    along the lines of 'between this and brexit we're really fucked now'

naturally the daily mail comments are using this to paint the BBC as basically brexit hating communists.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    What the fuck are BME people?
    black and minority ethnicity

Black, Asian and other non-white minority ethnic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    oh the 'independent party' are based on the same road as my work, through this company; http://www.oakwood-corporate.com/index.html
    Usefully, by being a private registered company they aren't subject to transparency rules regarding party funding.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    A few twitter trolls isn't an 'anti-Semitic wing of the Labour party'.
    this kind of "IT'S NOT A REAL ISSUE" hand waving is the actual problem hth
    It is a real issue. I just have a problem with how much of an issue it is made out to be in comparison to every other issue that is present in politics and parliamentary parties by people who otherwise don't give a shit about Jewish communities or other forms of discrimination.

edit: Well this is unfortunate.

Haha, excellent drama.

Did anyone hear the BBC hotmike thing? Apparently someone said something to the effect of: well we’re really fucked now.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...plit-broadcast

"Between this and Brexit we are actually fucked"
    "It’s going to be so divided … The Conservatives are going to win."
    "It’s mad, it’s mad"

I'm surprised some are still trying to defend Jezza on this. As if his disastrous on Brexit and anti-Semitism with Labour hasn't led to this ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

I just don't see the point in blaming Jezza, I don't think anyone could have led Labour to an election victory or been a more effective opposition because of how divided Labour constituencies are on brexit.

All I want to see is the party move to the left.

That's an awfully round about way of saying "darkies"
    meh

That's an awfully round about way of saying "darkies"
    yeah, it's frowned upon to actually say darkies though. plus it covers people of a certain tinge, like chinese takeaway owners.

I just don't see the point in blaming Jezza, I don't think anyone could have led Labour to an election victory or been a more effective opposition because of how divided Labour constituencies are on brexit.

All I want to see is the party move to the left.
    Had he not defied the whip so many times himself, he would have been more effective at creating/maintaining unity in the party. Had he not been such a crypto-Lexiteer himself, he would have been able to talk round MPs in Brexit leaning constituencies. And thus put up an actual opposition to Brexit. Not this pathetic flouncing around.

Let's face it, he's a deeply flawed and incompetent leader of the opposition and of Labour, who's wasted much of the support he had from the large number of new members of the party he brought in.

Let's face it, hotmike guy is right: when there's another election, Labour is going to get trounced. And it doesn't matter how far he's moving Labour to the left. His Brexit enabling attitude will stick to him and Labour like tar. And more so to Labour because they broke the trust. And no snazzy manifesto can survive that.

Labour is fucked. And Jezza is to blame. Whether you see a point in blaming him is immaterial ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    There's a rumour that Honda is about to announce the closure of its Swindon plant.
    And they announced it.

But by 2022, and keeping their EU HQ in Berkshire.

edit: RIP Swindon
    To be fair: diesel car demand is down, and Honda, like all Japanese car manufacturers, are repatriating production to Japan now that they have their trade agreement with the EU (cars are exempt).

But certainly, Brexit uncertainty must have played a roll in bringing this forward. For one: I doubt Honda EU HQ will stay in Berkshire for long; same for their F1 team; in case of a hard/no-deal Brexit.

In other Japanese news: Japan almost cancelled trade talks with Fox and Hunt, because they acted like a bunch of cunts.

I just don't see the point in blaming Jezza, I don't think anyone could have led Labour to an election victory
    Are you fucking serious? The most catastrophically inept government since Walpole's crew let the Dutch Navy burn the Chatham dockyards and he still couldn't get a majority? Because he's also led the most catastrophically inept opposition in recent history to match May's Marvellous Catastrobastards.

He gets the blame because it was his fucking job. He wanted it, he fought to keep it, the buck stops with him. He has one job, one job, and he fucked it for exactly the same reason that the Tories are fucking brexit: he prioritised internal party struggles over the good of the country.

Fuck him. He failed us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

You guys really are fucked by the fact that youíre stuck with FPTP and single-member districts, and your country is divided by an issue that cuts strongly across party lines... in a two-party system that already has its main parties divided between centrists and die-hards.

Thatís an eight-fold-division. No oneís going to get a majority, at least not on the issues and options as presented.