hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 665 of 712 FirstFirst ... 165565615655662663664665666667668675 ... LastLast
Results 13,281 to 13,300 of 14224

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Assuming he's not now going to resign with dignity "to preserve the message" and he really is staying, this is an even bigger mistake. It completely neuters any soft power number 10 would have had. There'll be champagne corks popping in Labour HQ tonight. This could not have been managed worse.

There's a lot of people wondering why there wasn't even a fig leaf CabO investigation done: because the problem would just recur in 2 weeks. He's maybe broken the law, definitely flouted the guidelines and Number 10 has covered it up so there are breaches of the ministerial and civil service codes all round. That's even worse.

This is what Boris should have done immediately a day ago. Doing it now after two rounds of credible stories is insane - he's betting his whole government that there's not a third round, all the save an odious shit no one likes that he doesn't need.
    Last edited by elmicker; May 24 2020 at 04:17:27 PM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Haha he is NOT enjoying the press q&a

Good god this is a car crash

What a complete, total clusterfuck

It all makes me wonder if Cummings has some dirt on Johnson.

It's not if, it's what.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, this is damaging. Whether it's 2-3% of voteshare in 5 years time or potential inquiry damaging, it's damaging. When a politician is taking an action that they know will cause damage it's because the alternative is worse.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I cant believe fucking Jeremy Corbyn made Cummings do all this. Will the looney left ever stop stooping so low? I tell you what, it wouldn't have happened if Sir Kier Starmer wasn't such a wealthy property magnate/donkey sanctuary magnate.

-Daily Telegraph OP ED, Monday 25th may

*roleplay

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    It's not if, it's what.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, this is damaging. Whether it's 2-3% of voteshare in 5 years time or potential inquiry damaging, it's damaging. When a politician is taking an action that they know will cause damage it's because the alternative is worse.
    Or because him and his team are so phenomenally incompetent they can't think through the consequences, eg:

Spoiler:

It's not if, it's what.

The three people making a pilgrimage to the ruins of fabled westminster in the mythical ghost town of london might care little after brexit, others won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    It's not if, it's what.

Or because him and his team are so phenomenally incompetent they can't think through the consequences, eg:

Spoiler:
    I have two of these mugs.
    I did not vote Labour on 7th of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    It all makes me wonder if Cummings has some dirt on Johnson.
    Mate, everyone in the fucking world has dirt on Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    It's not if, it's what.

Spoiler:
    Shame, because the tories haven't achieved jack shit on immigration so I guess you missed your chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Petition for Lark's Tory MP political aide mate to do an AMA on this thread regarding the brexit process and covid response.

*roleplay

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The thing that I always find interesting is the 'everyone gets a medal' culture was created to placate the parenting generation who now complain so much about it. If you have ever worked with kids in a sporting environment you'll know they don't really give a shit about winning until about 10 years old. I'm pretty sure the top youth academies in Spanish football which churn out world class players don't even keep score in training matches until the mid teens.

I'm glad I deleted facebook years ago before it attracted the attention of the over 40s.
    That generation also asked the government to clamp down on their kids and other people's kids as much as possible because of the 10 different moral panics that were happening at the time. Curfew laws really took off during the 80s and 90s in the USA. I'm sure it's a similar story with things like ASBOs in the UK

Now it's hilarious seeing the meltdowns because they can't go to the barber
    Throwing ASBOs in there makes no sense - they are targetted against specific individuals doing specific acts (usually petty theft, mugging, littering, graffiti, vandalism, criminal damage etc) in a specific places. They aren't a general 'keep the yoof down' measure

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Do you think Clegg is a leftist Meester?
    Worse, a centrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Meester thinks Rudolf Hess was a leftist.
    Leftists signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

Good god this is a car crash

What a complete, total clusterfuck
    You must be the boy who cried wolf.
    Last edited by Meester; May 24 2020 at 06:56:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It's not if, it's what.

Spoiler:
    Shame, because the tories haven't achieved jack shit on immigration so I guess you missed your chance
    >Implying Labour would have made an effort...

Wearing a DV ID in public is a very serious matter. They don't want them in the public view because that increases the risk of forgeries.

Not that Cummings has DV, apparently, even though he absolutely should do.
    Slight misnomer here... I don't think there's such a thing as a 'DV' ID badge.
    I don't have DV clearance, some people I work with do and we all have the same ID. I regularly challenge people who still have their passes on display when I pop to the supermarket after work. I don't pass it up the chain because I'm not a cunt (apart from one time when someone really kicked off and told me that I wasn't management and he could do what he wanted). I do know that staff have recieved written warnings and contractors have had their passes taken off them after getting caught in public with them on display.

It's been over 10 years since I worked with the civil service, but DV badges had a different colour edging to the ones us plebs got.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

It's been over 10 years since I worked with the civil service, but DV badges had a different colour edging to the ones us plebs got.
    There are indeed different badges for the various security clearances, as well as special ones for senior officials and ministers to allow them to get in parliament and downing street. They are fairly standardised in London, but regions all have their own flavours.

It's not a sackable offence to wear one outside (otherwise half of whitehall would be sacked on their lunch break) but it is highly discouraged to do so since it makes you a target for journalists, terrorists and foreign powers intelligence agencies.

It was a cabo badge and a parliamentary estate badge back to back. Neither particularly sensitive. I'm just a badge nazi.

And yes dv badges are a thing. Standard civil service badges are colour coded.
    Last edited by elmicker; May 24 2020 at 08:29:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It's not if, it's what.

Spoiler:
    >Implying Labour would have made an effort...
    Of course they wouldn't because it's dumb policy.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it