hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 660 of 710 FirstFirst ... 160560610650657658659660661662663670 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,200 of 14188

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The thing that I always find interesting is the 'everyone gets a medal' culture was created to placate the parenting generation who now complain so much about it. If you have ever worked with kids in a sporting environment you'll know they don't really give a shit about winning until about 10 years old. I'm pretty sure the top youth academies in Spanish football which churn out world class players don't even keep score in training matches until the mid teens.

I'm glad I deleted facebook years ago before it attracted the attention of the over 40s.
    That generation also asked the government to clamp down on their kids and other people's kids as much as possible because of the 10 different moral panics that were happening at the time. Curfew laws really took off during the 80s and 90s in the USA. I'm sure it's a similar story with things like ASBOs in the UK

Now it's hilarious seeing the meltdowns because they can't go to the barber
    There's going to be a fair bit of overlap between those people who moan that they can't down the pub any more and those who complain that prisons are like holiday camps these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    The thing that I always find interesting is the 'everyone gets a medal' culture was created to placate the parenting generation who now complain so much about it. If you have ever worked with kids in a sporting environment you'll know they don't really give a shit about winning until about 10 years old. I'm pretty sure the top youth academies in Spanish football which churn out world class players don't even keep score in training matches until the mid teens.

I'm glad I deleted facebook years ago before it attracted the attention of the over 40s.
    That generation also asked the government to clamp down on their kids and other people's kids as much as possible because of the 10 different moral panics that were happening at the time. Curfew laws really took off during the 80s and 90s in the USA. I'm sure it's a similar story with things like ASBOs in the UK

Now it's hilarious seeing the meltdowns because they can't go to the barber
    There's going to be a fair bit of overlap between those people who moan that they can't down the pub any more and those who complain that prisons are like holiday camps these days.
    It is a moral and natural truth that there should be one set of rules for me, and another for thee.

A lot of people are probably so upset about being restricted from shopping and getting a haircut because it's their only real interaction with society. Their entire civic experience is based on transactional consumption. They don't have any real sense of community which isnt also exercising their societal role as consumer.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

shaved my head today.

free from the shackles of consumerism at last! \o/ (feels good too)

Dido Harding is in charge of Covid testing now? What the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Meester, how come that there will be border checks on goods going across the irish sea? From within GB to within GB?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...inty-1.4253770
    https://www.businessinsider.com/brex...20-5?r=DE&IR=T
    Meeeeeester, why don't you answer my question?
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

The biggest problem with impostor syndrome is its never suffered by those who need it most.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

A lot of people are probably so upset about being restricted from shopping and getting a haircut because it's their only real interaction with society. Their entire civic experience is based on transactional consumption. They don't have any real sense of community which isnt also exercising their societal role as consumer.
    I think this is more accurate than not, actually.

Interesting read on testing - https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...252975616.html - it would appear when the government say 140k tests they actually mean around 70k.

We're just exercising our sovereignty by doing insanely wasteful shit like this and own the libs.
    No sacrifice is too great to inconvenience and irritate people who want to get along with our neighbours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Meester, how come that there will be border checks on goods going across the irish sea? From within GB to within GB?

Remember when I had to ask him 17 times about letting the US pre-veto UK legislation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Interesting read on testing - https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...252975616.html - it would appear when the government say 140k tests they actually mean around 70k.
    I believe Harding has a background in marketing, so yeah, it's a bit like TalkTalk's "upto 20Mb" broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Remember when I had to ask him 17 times about letting the US pre-veto UK legislation?
    Now if he weren't such an upstanding and honest member of this forum, I'd get the idea that he simply avoids embarassing questions that show his whole worldview as the fallacy that it is, but that can't be it.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Today's the day when the results of the investigation into whether Johnson is worth investigating over his affair with Acurri are revealed, so obviously the Mail and the Sun are using the occasion to have a go at Steve Coogan.

Today's the day when the results of the investigation into whether Johnson is worth investigating over his affair with Acurri are revealed, so obviously the Mail and the Sun are using the occasion to have a go at Steve Coogan.
    It's not being referred to the police, but now the GLA are going to conduct their own investigation.

Starmer raised the NHS surcharge for NHS workers in PMQ's being wrong, Boris said they wouldn't remove it. Today they are removing it for NHS workers. Starmer seems to be doing a good job as leader of the opposition.

Starmer raised the NHS surcharge for NHS workers in PMQ's being wrong, Boris said they wouldn't remove it. Today they are removing it for NHS workers. Starmer seems to be doing a good job as leader of the opposition.
    The U-turn was at least in part due to a number of Tory MPs and peers also calling for it to be scrapped

EFFECTIVE tracing by 1st June! Ain't it amazing?

/s

The U-turn was at least in part due to a number of Tory MPs and peers also calling for it to be scrapped
    Yup because they realised what utter ungrateful dicks they looked saying the NHS nurses saved me by the way here is a charge to access the service that you are providing.

Business Insider and Finners are never very good sources of information.

Still if it comes to pass it will stop the dirty Patricks from spreading coronavirus.