hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 152 of 230 FirstFirst ... 52102142149150151152153154155162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4589

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #3021
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,475
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Funding the NHS!
    At last! Brexit is paying off finally.

  2. #3022
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    8,347

  3. #3023
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,408
    No, no, no. We'll just have to give Theresa May two more weeks of grace time, and then she'll find the magic unicorn solution to the backstop, promise!

    - Andrea Loathsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  4. #3024
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I like the way that doesn't include Wales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  5. #3025

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    They should call Scotland & Ireland the Celtic United National Territories

  6. #3026
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,104
    I'd emigrate there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  7. #3027
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,357
    Tribus Pictones
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  8. #3028

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Corbyn
    I usually thank the Prime Minister for an advance copy of her statement, but it arrived just as I was leaving my office to come here so I can only assume she entrusted it to the Transport Secretary to deliver.

  9. #3029

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,555
    Less than 45 days to go!

  10. #3030
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Less than 45 days to go!
    Even less if you count Commons working days, so that would be 27.

    How is the 'Peoples' Vote going btw?

  11. #3031

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Less than 45 days to go!
    Even less if you count Commons working days, so that would be 27.

    How is the 'Peoples' Vote going btw?
    Rarely you see a man so excited to get fucked in the butt with a spear.

    It's poetry.

  12. #3032
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,441
    So if I have been following this lunacy correctly, a no deal Brexit would lead to a major GDP loss in UK and a in number of EU countries? That seems sufficient to trigger a new global recession, right?

  13. #3033
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Less than 45 days to go!
    Even less if you count Commons working days, so that would be 27.

    How is the 'Peoples' Vote going btw?
    Rarely you see a man so excited to get fucked in the butt with a spear.

    It's poetry.
    Spear goes in clean mate, this'll be more of a trident situation. No, Jeremy.

  14. #3034

    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    421
    But at least Britain is going to rule the waves again with navy made out of converted ferries and cargo ships:
    Gavin Williamson will struggle to match his global ambitions with the realities of an already overstretched defence budget and a smaller British armed forces.
    MPs say there is already a growing black hole in the MoD's £180bn equipment plan.
    But instead of making cuts, Mr Williamson is adding more to his shopping list.
    He wants two new "multi-role vessels" to support Royal Marines in a range of operations from humanitarian support to war-fighting.

    This he believes could be done cheaply by converting civilian cargo ships but there is still no costs or mention of who will crew them - the Royal Navy certainly does not have the manpower.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47192232

  15. #3035
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,104
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    So if I have been following this lunacy correctly, a no deal Brexit would lead to a major GDP loss in UK and a in number of EU countries? That seems sufficient to trigger a new global recession, right?
    Global recessions are usually triggered by systemic financial failures, Brexit is just a reshuffling of trade blocs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  16. #3036
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibu View Post
    But at least Britain is going to rule the waves again with navy made out of converted ferries and cargo ships:
    Gavin Williamson will struggle to match his global ambitions with the realities of an already overstretched defence budget and a smaller British armed forces.
    MPs say there is already a growing black hole in the MoD's £180bn equipment plan.
    But instead of making cuts, Mr Williamson is adding more to his shopping list.
    He wants two new "multi-role vessels" to support Royal Marines in a range of operations from humanitarian support to war-fighting.

    This he believes could be done cheaply by converting civilian cargo ships but there is still no costs or mention of who will crew them - the Royal Navy certainly does not have the manpower.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47192232
    more like Britannia rues the waves

  17. #3037

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,403
    Will work well with his tractor tanks.

  18. #3038

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibu View Post
    But at least Britain is going to rule the waves again with navy made out of converted ferries and cargo ships:
    Gavin Williamson will struggle to match his global ambitions with the realities of an already overstretched defence budget and a smaller British armed forces.
    MPs say there is already a growing black hole in the MoD's £180bn equipment plan.
    But instead of making cuts, Mr Williamson is adding more to his shopping list.
    He wants two new "multi-role vessels" to support Royal Marines in a range of operations from humanitarian support to war-fighting.

    This he believes could be done cheaply by converting civilian cargo ships but there is still no costs or mention of who will crew them - the Royal Navy certainly does not have the manpower.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47192232
    more like Britannia rues the waves
    With all the "red tape" they want to get rid of post-Brexit, Britannia waives the rules.

  19. #3039
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibu View Post
    But at least Britain is going to rule the waves again with navy made out of converted ferries and cargo ships:
    Gavin Williamson will struggle to match his global ambitions with the realities of an already overstretched defence budget and a smaller British armed forces.
    MPs say there is already a growing black hole in the MoD's £180bn equipment plan.
    But instead of making cuts, Mr Williamson is adding more to his shopping list.
    He wants two new "multi-role vessels" to support Royal Marines in a range of operations from humanitarian support to war-fighting.

    This he believes could be done cheaply by converting civilian cargo ships but there is still no costs or mention of who will crew them - the Royal Navy certainly does not have the manpower.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47192232
    It happens with aircraft (Tristar etc), but in all honesty if they're thinking of using converted civilian vehicles at the "pointy end of the stick", it's asking for trouble.

    Crewing them is one thing but it's the support for them that uses a lot of manpower.

  20. #3040

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    So if I have been following this lunacy correctly, a no deal Brexit would lead to a major GDP loss in UK and a in number of EU countries? That seems sufficient to trigger a new global recession, right?
    Global recessions are usually triggered by systemic financial failures, Brexit is just a reshuffling of trade blocs.
    It will nuke UK financially, will have lesser effect on rest of the world, probably will affect Germany and France most outside of UK. Then again many of the companies fleeing UK are migrating to Germany or France...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •