hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 150 of 166 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152153160 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3318

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

PM votes for: "replaced with alternative arrangements to avoid a hard border”"

PM now says: "What Parliament has said is that they believe there should be changes made to the backstop"

Probably wonders why Brexiteers and Leavers don't trust or believe her

(Speaking as the opposite to the general sycophantic echochamber on here naturally)

No don't ask retarded follow up questions retards (or if you do don't expect tit for tat answers for 4 pages I did that in 2014 its boring now, move on), answer them yourselves with your own particular bents
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Bercow slapping down Bone for his mock outrage at Tusk is hilarious
    Glorious

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Leave means Leave... so said third of the UK companies and moved /moves /planned to move to Europe.
    As long as they issue their P45s with Red White And Blue redundancy notices.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    (Speaking as the opposite to the general sycophantic echochamber on here naturally)

No don't ask retarded follow up questions retards (or if you do don't expect tit for tat answers for 4 pages I did that in 2014 its boring now, move on), answer them yourselves with your own particular bents
    Ahhh, you delicate flower ... to paraphrase a quote: have we wounded you? Do you feel wounded? Deeply?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

PM now says: "What Parliament has said is that they believe there should be changes made to the backstop"

"Don't dissect my ideas, I don't want to have to think any more deeply than simple slogans and feels"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

"Don't dissect my ideas, I don't want to have to think any more deeply than simple slogans and feels"
    It's even more funny, because for once he actually has a point/isn't wrong ... and thus has no need to be so defensive/delicate ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Christopher "Upskirting" Chope strikes again! https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8770026.html

What an arsehole.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 8 2019 at 03:53:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Christopher "Upskirting" Chope strikes again! https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8770026.html

What an arsehole.
    He blocked the "Up-skirting" legislation before because he believed the act was already criminalised sufficiently under existing legislation.

I disagreed with him over that, but if the article is going to lie about his previous motivation in an effort to build a narrative I'm not sure how much I can trust it vis-a-vis his current motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So Finnish press are reporting that May plans to push next brexit votes down to the end of February, leaving about 30 days till the Day after the said votes.
    I remember that when the HoC voted on the brexit deal, and it was 60+ days to go before hard brexit, that there were only 30+ days of parliament sessions.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; February 8 2019 at 04:46:43 PM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47178203

the absolute state of our fucking politics

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

Not something to do with Brexit

Am disappoint son.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

Not something to do with Brexit

Am disappoint son.
    Britain does have other political concerns than Brexit. Which is the biggest issue with Brexit: it's sucked all the air out of dealing with any other issue.

What an arsehole.
    Jumping the gun a bit there.

He just wants private legislation to be properly debated which cannot be done on a Friday.

What an arsehole.

He just wants private legislation to be properly debated which cannot be done on a Friday.
    Yes, and I'm sure it's pure coincidence that he always seems to be around to object to private member's bills that help women on the grounds that he doesn't like the procedure, but never objects to private member's bills that his mates put thorugh.

What an arsehole.

Yes, and I'm sure it's pure coincidence that he always seems to be around to object to private member's bills that help women on the grounds that he doesn't like the procedure, but never objects to private member's bills that his mates put thorugh.
    The upskirting law I could just about understand needing more rigour...just. I struggle to see what is wrong with the fgm law at all. He is just being an arsehole because he can be.

You would believe Zac Goldsmith? Chope is consistent and drawing attention to the couple of women's bills he blocked does in no-way go against the other bills he has blocked.

The upskirting law I could just about understand needing more rigour...just. I struggle to see what is wrong with the fgm law at all. He is just being an arsehole because he can be.
    Putting forward laws without proper scrutiny is the worst thing a democracy can do. There could be unintended consequences that could possibly come out in a debate. I know people want things quickly but the impatience of the world today should not stand in the way of proper debate. It will be debated in March as is right and proper by MP's.

You would believe Zac Goldsmith? Chope is consistent and drawing attention to the couple of women's bills he blocked does in no-way go against the other bills he has blocked.

Putting forward laws without proper scrutiny is the worst thing a democracy can do. There could be unintended consequences that could possibly come out in a debate. I know people want things quickly but the impatience of the world today should not stand in the way of proper debate. It will be debated in March as is right and proper by MP's.
    So I count about 50 passed private member's bills in since 2010 of which almost 90% were proposed by conservatives...why weren't these shut down so they could properly be debated - source https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priv...United_Kingdom

When even Zac "Dogwhistle" Goldsmith thinks somebody is a bit too right-wing, it's generally a good indicator that they're a bit too right-wing.

No-deal Brexit risks rise as UK-Japan trade talks stall
    https://www.ft.com/content/5ce60af2-...b-ff8ef2b976c7

Britain and Japan have made little progress on a new trade deal in the past 18 months, according to officials involved in the talks, with tariffs set to revert to World Trade Organization levels at the end of March unless the UK ratifies a Brexit deal.

Japan has agreed to extend existing trade terms for the duration of Britain’s planned transition period with the EU — but this will not apply if the UK fails to strike a deal with Brussels.

It is now too late for the Japanese Diet to ratify any agreement before Brexit is scheduled to take place on March 29. There is also a wide gap in expectations about a trade accord, which would apply either in the case of no-deal Brexit or at the end of Britain’s planned transition period, which is due to end in December 2020.

Tokyo is confident that it can secure better terms from the UK than it did in negotiations with the much larger EU, and is not willing to duplicate the existing treaty precisely in either a bilateral deal or in talks for the UK to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership group.

“The new agreement is not just a copy-and-paste of the existing treaty,” said one Japanese official briefed on the talks. “The tariffs, rules and quotas need to be negotiated separately.”

The lack of progress on a future bilateral deal — a goal set out by prime minister Theresa May on a visit to Japan in August 2017 — highlights the UK’s broader struggle to roll over existing EU trade deals, let alone secure anything better.

This week, Britain’s Department for International Trade briefed 30 business groups on its failure to replicate “most” of the EU’s trade deals with other countries around the world. Participants complained that they would be seriously affected by the failure to conclude agreements with partners as significant as Canada, Turkey and Japan.

Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe is keen to help Mrs May, publicly supporting her exit deal with Brussels, and talking up the potential for Britain to join the TPP. Ultimately, Japan could make a political decision to offer more generous terms.

But in preliminary talks, Tokyo’s veteran trade negotiators have been under instructions to extract every advantage possible. Progress has been particularly slow since many of their UK counterparts have been diverted to work on preparations for a no-deal Brexit.

[...]

So I count about 50 passed private member's bills in since 2010 of which almost 90% were proposed by conservatives...why weren't these shut down so they could properly be debated - source https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priv...United_Kingdom
    How many of these were Friday bills? And of those that were [if any], what was the Parliamentary attendance like?

When even Zac "Dogwhistle" Goldsmith thinks somebody is a bit too right-wing, it's generally a good indicator that they're a bit too right-wing.
    When it IS Zac Goldsmith then I would have thought you would have taken his views with a grain of salt. And the fact that even some of these bills are being blocked for proper debate is cause for celebration, the right result in the wrong way is still the right result. If all the Friday ones were subject to proper debate then that is what should happen. If MP's want to stop proper debate by proposing them on a Friday then I welcome any efforts to stop that even by a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    No-deal Brexit risks rise as UK-Japan trade talks stall
    https://www.ft.com/content/5ce60af2-...b-ff8ef2b976c7
    Maybe the Japanese should have better terms if it makes access to TPP easier. Might even be desirable in some areas.
    Last edited by Meester; February 10 2019 at 07:38:57 PM.