hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 149 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4999139146147148149150151152159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 5728

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    As an outsider to the whole thing I think I agree with that guy who called in to James O'Brien's show. The English must endure a prolonged, self imposed austerity and learn a generational lesson about their place in the world.

Basically all the boomers with delusions of grandeur need to die out so in 20 years what's left of the UK can rejoin the EU.
    "The" English. Like every single person in England is 63 or over.
    this is the state of fucking western politics right now though. people on either side of the brexit argument act like the other side are a homogeneous block, and don't attempt to engage because 'lol what's the point'. same applies for trump

i was in amsterdam on the weekend on a stag (rip me, only feeling slightly normal now) and all the various mainland europeans wanted to talk about was brexit, ie why would we vote for that insanity? hold on a second, not a single lad in that group voted for it or supports it!

but that's the perception - the UK (england/wales) voted for it, so clearly you're all stupid. bit like meester trying to call me a brit hating irish person from the republic, and totally missing the nuance that i could be an anglophile from the north. in his (very) limited worldview, all irish are the same and idiots.
    I can relate to this a bit actually, because any time my nationality comes up I get tons of Dutch people attacking me for things the US government does like I am being personally consulted about it. It does get tiresome to have the decisions of a group blamed on you as an individual.

However, I can also see their point, at some point one has to own up to the fact that their nation/culture has some seriously fucked up things about it. Either way I always try my best to keep conversations away from politics IRL because hearing the same questions/accusations over and over when you're just trying to have a pint is tedious.

So sorry if that seemed like a harsh comment, but I feel the same way about America and Trump actually. Shit has to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
    Just lean over, grin, and ask about their oil reserves...
    meh

Bercow slapping down Bone for his mock outrage at Tusk is hilarious

So Finnish press are reporting that May plans to push next brexit votes down to the end of February, leaving about 30 days till the Day after the said votes.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So Finnish press are reporting that May plans to push next brexit votes down to the end of February, leaving about 30 days till the Day after the said votes.
    Don't worry, Jezza has send May a letter with a number of things he'd like to include in the Brexit deal before he throws Labour's support behind it. This will, ofcourse, make all the difference ...

Oops, never mind, Nr. 10 has already shot it down as wishful thinking, and half the things in there the EU has already said no to.

Here, have a handy guide of how the latest UK-version deal iterations don't work.

fake update: Shadow assistant Brexit whatever comes out: if this is shot down, Labour will throw it's weight behind a People's vote ...

fake update2: No, says Jezza's office, that's not the case ... she's just talking rubbish ...

conclusion: Jezza is a moron, and the Labour party is barely functioning at the moment because of it ... new centrist party incoming ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Jezza's HQ now rumoured to be in a panic over the fallout among Labour about his letter ... intend to send a letter to backbenchers/members that People's vote, including remain, is still on the table ... no word yet on when Jezza will finally pivot to that position (probably never) ...

Basically one more sign that Labour under Corbyn is basically falling to bits ... and the party leadership knows this ...

Meanwhile May has now, apparently, pushed the boat out even further in Brussels, so don't expect another 'meaningful vote' before the end of February. Tick, tock!

If Jezza's still waiting for May or the Tories to blink, he's an idiot. With the Tories fighting like cats and dogs over the EU, Corbyn can't even keep/get Labour together. What a useless twat he turned out to be.

edit: has anyone heard from Starmer lately? Seems he basically disappeared from the podium! He used to be the sane one on Brexit. Push aside? Anyone?

"strong & robust talks" were had
    Lovely diplospeak from brussels

MI8m8
    Last edited by Stoffl; February 7 2019 at 12:43:27 PM.

But Momentum promised me that Leftie Jesus would save us from Brexit!

Seriously though, who honestly expected the Secret Brexiteer would do anything other than enable Brexit all along?

Ohh, Starmer just popped up to say that the second referendum is not off the table!

He's alive! He even made a video of it! And twattered about it!

No panic there then. Not at all looking like Starmer is fighting a rearguard action on keeping the second referendum alive.

Problem here is, ofcourse, that no one said that Corbyn's letter took the second referendum off the table. The problem is that Corbyn's fairly long letter, didn't even once mention a second referendum! Not even in passing.

And that, because of that, it very much looks like the idea, strongly implied by *drumroll* Starmer *drumroll*, that if Labour couldn't get another election, Labour would automatically switch to advocating a second referendum is, basically, as dead as doorknobs.

Let's face it, if it wasn't obvious before, Corbyn's letter makes it even more improbable that Labour leadership/Jezza will ever advocate for a second referendum anytime. Otherwise he would have shuuuurely mentioned it in his letter! Even if only in passing.

This will definitely NOT go down well with the pro-EU/second referendum part of the PLP and Labour members (mind you: an overwhelming majority of both). And Starmer's rearguard action/panic football will not pour oil on those troubled waters either.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    If you did a pass before posting you would realise you could say the same thing in 3 or 4 sentences.

Massive waffler.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    If you did a pass before posting you would realise you could say the same thing in 3 or 4 sentences.

Massive waffler.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

Massive waffler.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

Massive waffler.

Massive waffler.

Content

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

BERCOW ON FIRE

BERCOW ON FIRE
    Lol @ the female mp who #rekts the precious flower with tusks actual quote

Leave means Leave... so said third of the UK companies and moved /moves /planned to move to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Leave means Leave... so said third of the UK companies and moved /moves /planned to move to Europe.
    Most of those who threatening to Leave tend to be like Dysons, a lot of hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Most of those who threatening to Leave tend to be like Dysons, a lot of hot air.
    What interests me is what you want the future of Britain to look like and what you see your role in society being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

No surprise, the leader of the house won't put Brexit debates on the agenda, and the Tory government has been incapable of doing anything else lately.

Though I've just heard that May's government is now not bringing a 'new' deal back from Brussels within the two week timeslot she promised before, but that she now intends, apparently, to delay that until March. I.e., maybe some two weeks before the Brexit date.

This, we have been told, is not at all May running down the clock on Brexit. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    What interests me is what you want the future of Britain to look like and what you see your role in society being.
    Which I, frankly, find surprising ...