hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 524 of 576 FirstFirst ... 24424474514521522523524525526527534574 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 11513

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    That is the count of attempted registrations. The overwhelming majority of those are already registered.
    Last time the proportion of duplicates was 36.9% - you have evidence for it being an "overwhelming majority" this time, or are you talking out of your arse?

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/...2017-election/
    https://www.electoralcommission.org....-July-2017.pdf

It might or might not surprise you to learn that I just know more about this than you do. If you read the original report that 36% number is specific to duplicate applications, as in people who applied twice. The paragraph of interest to you is this one:

1.30 Despite this, initial estimates by EROs of the proportion of duplicate applications received ahead of the 2017 general election have ranged from 30% of the total submitted in some areas to 70% in others. We are currently collecting data from EROs on duplicate applications which should provide a more precise figure for the period ahead of the general election. Even without that detailed data, the difference between the number of applications submitted between 1 December 2016 and 22 May 2017 (approximately 4.9 million) and the net change in the number of electors on the registers in that period (approximately 1.4 million register entries added) suggests that a significant proportion of applications are likely to have been duplicates. EROs also reported that some applications were from voters...
    That is to say from nearly 5 million applications only 1.4 million additional voters were registered. Otherwise known as an overwhelming majority being duplicates. Otherwise known as had yer gob. Otherwise known as don't get your hopes up for another Corbyn Youthquake because just like last time it's a fucking fantasy.

Okay, so what are you doing to make sure the tories don't win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    I'm not so happy to see UK is building the same biased media for your illiberal government as Hungary did in the past.
    Only idiots think the BBC is biased. Idiots who are losing and are making excuses for their losing just like in the 2016 Referendum and are failing to own up to their own mistakes due to arrogance.

Anybody capable of understanding a simple analysis of societal structure can see the BBC has a rational pro-establishment bias.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I'm not so happy to see UK is building the same biased media for your illiberal government as Hungary did in the past.
    Only idiots think the BBC is biased. Idiots who are losing and are making excuses for their losing just like in the 2016 Referendum and are failing to own up to their own mistakes due to arrogance.
    You've previously said the BBC is biased, and you're an idiot, so you might have a point.

You remember how the righties always used to whine about the BBC being an arm of government propaganda in the 90s?

Unrepresentative example of 'conservative' projection #9,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Man there sure are a lot of idiot tories, although when I say it out loud like that I realise it's a tautology

https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=boris%...n%20BBC%20bias
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

You've previously said the BBC is biased, and you're an idiot, so you might have a point.
    I have never said that and not just because I don't believe it.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Man there sure are a lot of idiot tories
    Im sure there are but even most of them could apologise for anti-semitism.
    Last edited by Meester; November 27 2019 at 10:08:34 PM.

YouGov's Magical, Radical Projection has been published.

Those still firmly on Team Corbyn may want to establish their reasons why this model isn't to be trusted before they continue scrolling, lest their faith be overly tested.

I'll be knocking on doors instead. Which is more useful than anything done by the "never corbyn" crowd for the past few years

Those still firmly on Team Corbyn may want to establish their reasons why this model isn't to be trusted before they continue scrolling, lest their faith be overly tested.

Yeah, Corbyn really should have come out in favour of Remain. I mean, look at how well the Lib Dems are doing in that projection.

I have never said that and not just because I don't believe it.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

You've never suggested that the BBC is pro-Remain? Are you really sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'll be knocking on doors instead. Which is more useful than anything done by the "never corbyn" crowd for the past few years
    Something something prevention better than cure, but good job trying to preemptively shift the blame off the Corbyn lovers for Labour's potential failure.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Something something prevention better than cure, but good job trying to preemptively shift the blame off the Corbyn lovers for Labour's potential failure.
    Why are you like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why are you like this?

That's rather amusing coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why are you like this?

British education doesn't teach materialism.

That's rather amusing coming from you.
    I don't share my spectacularly dumb political opinions and shit on people for trying to actually do something productive so might want to try that post again.

No, you just sit around hurling abuse. Hopefully you're not a canvasser, i can only imagine how many people you'd alienate on the doorstop.

He lives in Worst Korea so I doubt spreading the gospel of Jeremy Corbyn is something that crops up regularly.

There is a difference between what I think will happen and what I want to happen. It seems certain that the Tories will be the largest party and likely that they will have a majority.

But I still want (and will work for) a Labour victory. Even accepting all of Jeremy's faults, he isn't as bad as Boris. And cheap digs at 'Broadband Communism' aside, who would prefer to see the Tory manifesto enacted over the Labour one?

elmicker, many of your comments are smart, some of them are knowledgeable, but you seem to be someone who claims to be progressive, but spends most of their time sniping at the left. We are 2 weeks away from an election, who are you going to vote for? Who do you want as the next PM? (given that there are only 2 choices).