hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 201 of 237 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202203204211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4724

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...awal-agreement

However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.
    fucked it [emphasis mine]
    That's May's deal sunk (sunker?) (sunkest?).

However, the legal risk remains unchanged that if through no such demonstrable failure of either party, but simply because of intractable differences, that situation does arise, the United Kingdom would have, at least while the fundamental circumstances remained the same, no internationally lawful means of exiting the Protocol’s arrangements, save by agreement.
    He did. But how could he not have?

Not a fan, but you have to be fair to the man: he had no cards to play with; none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

That's May's deal sunk (sunker?) (sunkest?).
    Sunker shuuuurely. Sunkest would imply a third try. There won't be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

Not a fan, but you have to be fair to the man: he had no cards to play with; none.
    Might that be the silver lining? That the attorney general's legal advice is still honest and clear? I really thought he was going to be arm-twisted into giving advice with no basis in reality and that May would try to get through the day without that bubble popping.

Might that be the silver lining? That the attorney general's legal advice is still honest and clear? I really thought he was going to be arm-twisted into giving advice with no basis in reality and that May would try to get through the day without that bubble popping.
    I doubt Cox would ever suicide his (legal) career just to please May at this point. He's a barrister; he's not one for taking one for the team.

Anyway, his chances of getting away with it were nill even before he published his legal advice; which he surely must have realised.

At least now he can say he did his best in an impossible situation. No one can think worse of him for doing that. It's not like May can really do anything for him to offset anyway ...

Worked out alright for Goldsmith.

Banned

Very difficult for an English AG to do something like that when there are multiple more experienced individuals who could/would challenge it.

He would’ve shopped it around his chambers before drafting his advice anyway. It’s not really something capable of being obfuscated.

Tbf he's right in what he sayt
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Worked out alright for Goldsmith.
    Well, uhhh, yeah, ok, fair enough ...

Labour actually might stand a chance in a GE now

Best May can hope for now is for the ERG and the DUP to abstain ... it might (emphasis on might) limit the loss to an amount that calls for her head will be muted ...

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Labour actually might stand a chance in a GE now
    Don't say it! Or a GE might not happen!

Arlene Foster now wants to talk to May first. Really wants more time to 'absorb' the legal advice. And let's face it, if she puts her foot down on May, she'll get it. Even if it is only one more day.

Even though I still doubt that the DUP will support May in the end. After all, the Irish are in favour. And the DUP's instinct is to always go with: Noooooooooooo!

And now Rees-Mogg basically begging for an extra day, but Bercow hasn't seen an amendment tabled to that effect, so no!

In fact, Bercow hasn't selected any of the amendments tabled, so straight on to the vote on the government's motion at 7pm!

Ohhh dear ...

I'm going to the driving range this evening and by the time I've hit 100 balls nowhere near straight I want an accurate forecast as to how entertaining the next few weeks are going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm going to the driving range this evening and by the time I've hit 100 balls nowhere near straight I want an accurate forecast as to how entertaining the next few weeks are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

A group calling itself the IRA

lol