hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 194 of 315 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 6299

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    There are places to shop other than Waitrose?
    Remember, half the price of fast food! That probably eliminates actual higher end food places like Waitrose, at least the last time I shopped in a Waitrose, which was last year.

I mean, in the states, you'd be at a Andronico's or one of the higher end places as an equivalent, and if you can't figure out how to purchase fresh food in one of those, the problem isn't the country...
    meh

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Back on topic gents or beatings will begin, there's a food thread in the health sub.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Back on topic gents or beatings will begin, there's a food thread in the health sub.

Well, talking about health - the NHS must be getting desperate since they're posting ads like this:

As a note, I have no medical qualifications and only been to UK once when I switched planes at Heathrow

Quote Originally Posted by Zibu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Well, talking about health - the NHS must be getting desperate since they're posting ads like this:

As a note, I have no medical qualifications and only been to UK once when I switched planes at Heathrow
    Incoming lucrative NHS service contract for Zibu post-brexit

Having no doctors is better than having a foreign doctor. Die like a true patriot from Victorian diseases, anything else is European communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Isn't your doctor pay situation like the polar opposite of the US?

I remember the doctor's strike and seeing an eye popping figure that jr. docs can expect only a 30k/yr salary for their first few years. I bet that really sells people on pursuing a difficult career path

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

I remember the doctor's strike and seeing an eye popping figure that jr. docs can expect only a 30k/yr salary for their first few years. I bet that really sells people on pursuing a difficult career path
    The pay really isn’t relevant tbh

explain

That doctor has suspiciously few pixels. I bet its one of those filthy foreign "jaypeg" docs, coming over here and taking all our compressions and wimmin.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

explain
    Medical schools across the UK are massively oversubscribed and the courses require the highest grades (even exceeding law offers); there is no recruitment issue at the entry level.

The issue the NHS faces is with retention vis a vis working conditions at the junior end. The service is woefully inefficient and requires modernising: pay is important, yes, but it's not the real issue.

Luckily its funding is one of the few things the country agrees on, so it doesn't particularly concern me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

Isn't this you just ignoring all the evidence that the brexit promises can't be delivered on and the mounting evidence that any post brexit trade deals are going to be very bad for the UK but 'wah wah wah we want brexit'?
    Brexit won, of course we want it, if Remain had won and Parliament said 'Nope' then you would be screaming bloody murder too. And thinking that somehow more than half of the Brexit electorate believe politicians after Blair means you
    are rather disingenuous towards them. Tell me, did you believe the Remain politicians? Do you believe EU politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post

If Macron keeps his word, we got a no-deal shit show.
    When have you seen a Frenchy stop for a second to show a middle finger to a Brit?
    All the more reason to get out.
    There would be no 'nope' as it would continue on, Farage on the other hand was already planning a further referendum on election night if leave lost by the less than 5%.

The issue is not which politicians people believe its the evidence presented.

A huge amount was promised, an easy exit, extra money, the ability to be the rule maker, better trade deals. One by one these promises have been dismantled and the evidence is that our trade deals will be worse, any 'extra money' will be lost through increased costs and reduced tax receipts, an exit that will break up the union. Compounding this is the Tory government being staggeringly incompetent, unable to even agree what the plan should be or come up with a coherent negotiating strategy which will be accepted by parliament and the EU. Alongside this its dawning on people that the reason they have shit lives is not the EU but their own government and the EU has been the one investing in them.

This has led to a steady swing in the opinion polls to today's point that ~59% think Brexit is a mistake.

Well it does include health insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

explain
    Medical schools across the UK are massively oversubscribed and the courses require the highest grades (even exceeding law offers); there is no recruitment issue at the entry level.

The issue the NHS faces is with retention vis a vis working conditions at the junior end. The service is woefully inefficient and requires modernising: pay is important, yes, but it's not the real issue.

Luckily its funding is one of the few things the country agrees on, so it doesn't particularly concern me.
    Similar to teaching, although they are seeing the drop out rates from undergrad degrees not moving into PGCEs or teachers dropping out in their first 5 years.

Funding services essential to a prosperous society doesn't make short term profit for the old boys network so don't expect the tories to change their ways. Fortunately for them the old boys network also owns the press and has leverage over the BBC so they have a party propaganda machine way more efficient than leninists could ever dream of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Rupa Huq, the Labour MP for Ealing Central and Acton, said she had received an email over the weekend suggesting that she “return to Bangladesh to ponder your life if you do not come to your senses over Brexit shortly”.

After calling Huq “a miserable, stinking, filthy EU whore”, the anonymous author told the MP: “You should abandon your new referendum anti-democratic rhetoric and either vote for the government deal or not obstruct a no-deal exit
    Meester, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Rupa Huq, the Labour MP for Ealing Central and Acton, said she had received an email over the weekend suggesting that she “return to Bangladesh to ponder your life if you do not come to your senses over
    Brexit shortly”.

After calling Huq “a miserable, stinking, filthy EU whore”, the anonymous author told the MP: “You should abandon your new referendum anti-democratic rhetoric and either vote for
    the government deal or not obstruct a no-deal exit"
    Meester, is that you?
    That would be Meester.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Technically, it sounds like whoever is using meester as his glove puppet. No doubt England First has an IRC channel or some such. The National Front had an old tiered set of channels back in the 90s/ early 2000s, and I'd be surprised if their inheritors hadn't set up something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Rupa Huq, the Labour MP for Ealing Central and Acton, said she had received an email over the weekend suggesting that she “return to Bangladesh to ponder your life if you do not come to your senses over Brexit shortly”.

After calling Huq “a miserable, stinking, filthy EU whore”, the anonymous author told the MP: “You should abandon your new referendum anti-democratic rhetoric and either vote for the government deal or not obstruct a no-deal exit
    Meester, is that you?
    Lacks threat to hang all federalists from lamp posts this is just a poor imitator.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Technically, it sounds like whoever is using meester as his glove puppet. No doubt England First has an IRC channel or some such. The National Front had an old tiered set of channels back in the 90s/ early 2000s, and I'd be surprised if their inheritors hadn't set up something similar.
    Misspent youth? youve come a long way baby

docs can expect only a 30k/yr salary for their first few years.
    Correct, because a newly qualified medical graduate is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Anyway in reality their starting pay is significantly higher due to unsocials and enhancements - they're among the best paid new graduate posts in the UK and short of committing gross misconduct will only ever increase their salary.

While the recent doctors' strikes were very much about pay, the underlying issues are structural rather than financial.

I suppose not having to pay back 100k+ in student loans makes up for the relatively lower starting pay