hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 889 of 893 FirstFirst ... 389789839879886887888889890891892 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,780 of 17842

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #17761

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    14,238
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    c) young people being manipulated for division.
    Nothing to do with the environment fostered by brexit at all.

  2. #17762
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,047
    Can we get rid of northern ireland yet?

  3. #17763
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    16,091
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Can we get rid of northern ireland yet?
    It would make Brexit a lot easier for sure.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  4. #17764
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Can we get rid of northern ireland yet?
    Or just reabsorb the whole of Ireland into the Union. That seems the most brexity way to do things imo

  5. #17765
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Can we get rid of northern ireland yet?
    Or just reabsorb the whole of Ireland into the Union. That seems the most brexity way to do things imo
    Really? I'd have thought the most brexity thing to do would be to keep fucking things up until everyone has left the UK except Wessex, Sussex, Kent, East Anglia, and a newly reformed Mercia (No Northumbria, all true Englishmen know that being involved with Northerners is where things started to go wrong.)

    Only then will England truly be great again and have taken back control from er... the celts?

  6. #17766

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,279
    If you're going to list Kent and Sussex, you should also mention Essex.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptarchy

  7. #17767
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Can we get rid of northern ireland yet?
    Or just reabsorb the whole of Ireland into the Union. That seems the most brexity way to do things imo
    Really? I'd have thought the most brexity thing to do would be to keep fucking things up until everyone has left the UK except Wessex, Sussex, Kent, East Anglia, and a newly reformed Mercia (No Northumbria, all true Englishmen know that being involved with Northerners is where things started to go wrong.)

    Only then will England truly be great again and have taken back control from er... the celts?
    Couldnt think of a bigger fuck up (apart from leaving the EU) than trying to rule ireland from England tbh.

  8. #17768
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Can we get rid of northern ireland yet?
    Or just reabsorb the whole of Ireland into the Union. That seems the most brexity way to do things imo
    Really? I'd have thought the most brexity thing to do would be to keep fucking things up until everyone has left the UK except Wessex, Sussex, Kent, East Anglia, and a newly reformed Mercia (No Northumbria, all true Englishmen know that being involved with Northerners is where things started to go wrong.)

    Only then will England truly be great again and have taken back control from er... the celts?
    Couldnt think of a bigger fuck up (apart from leaving the EU) than trying to rule ireland from England tbh.
    We don't notice our fuck ups much, because they've become routine.
    You could put someone who's life experience is 'oxford -> hedge fund -> MP' in charge of the economy. i.e someone who at no point in their adult life has ever interacted with reality.
    Similarly, opting for 'Oxford -> liar/'journalist' -> MP' as the route to head of government might be considered ill advised.

  9. #17769
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,319
    https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...77866583490560

    If its 61% among even the labour membership, crusties to a man, imagine what its like among undecideds.

    It's obvious Starmer's plan is to keep powder dry for another year or two before unleashing policy in the run up to an actual election. You may not like it, but its at least fairly easy to understand.
    Last edited by Lallante; April 8 2021 at 09:17:41 AM.

  10. #17770
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,664
    Saying it's obvious Labour will 'unleash' policy is like saying it's obvious fish will start walking next year. Sure, we're aware that this has happened before in the distant past, but given that there has been no evidence modern fish possess any inclination to go for a hike, it is far from obvious they will do so soon.

  11. #17771

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...77866583490560

    If its 61% among even the labour membership, crusties to a man, imagine what its like among undecideds.

    It's obvious Starmer's plan is to keep powder dry for another year or two before unleashing policy in the run up to an actual election. You may not like it, but its at least fairly easy to understand.
    It's as high as 61% because a lot of the left have not renewed their membership over the last year while some centrists will have rejoined
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; April 8 2021 at 10:27:59 AM.

  12. #17772
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    23,157
    >yougov
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  13. #17773
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    23,157
    The biggest worry is what policies they'll 'unleash'.

    More middle management of the economy, but with Jess Philips as spokesperson playing the role of 'gobby down to earth northern woman'.
    Infrastructure spending but with billboards saying 'Not woke'.
    A new 'nuclear first' foreign policy with Starmer promising to push the big red button as soon as possible?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  14. #17774
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...77866583490560

    If its 61% among even the labour membership, crusties to a man, imagine what its like among undecideds.

    It's obvious Starmer's plan is to keep powder dry for another year or two before unleashing policy in the run up to an actual election. You may not like it, but its at least fairly easy to understand.
    It's as high as 61% because a lot of the left have not renewed their membership over the last year while some centrists will have rejoined



    Labour membership has dropped less than 12% since pre-election so that narrative doesnt get you very far.

    There are about 490,000 members today, it was about 550k pre-election

    Lets generously imagine ALL of those 12% leavers were Corbynophiles, and lets go further and be even more generous to your argument and say actually 15%, or about 80k, members really left and 16k/3% moderate starmerphiles joined.


    If this poll is correct about 300k (61%) Labour members are pro-starmer and 142k (29%) pro-corbyn. adjusting for the members who left/joined per the above, that's still 284k pro-starmer to 222k pro-corbyn, which would equate to 52% pro-starmer and just 40% pro-corbyn.

    In other words, Corbyn is still considerably less popular among pre-election labour membership, even counting all the rabid nutters who would rather quit labour without corbyn.

  15. #17775
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    6,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The biggest worry is what policies they'll 'unleash'.

    More middle management of the economy, but with Jess Philips as spokesperson playing the role of 'gobby down to earth northern woman'.
    Infrastructure spending but with billboards saying 'Not woke'.
    A new 'nuclear first' foreign policy with Starmer promising to push the big red button as soon as possible?
    wat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  16. #17776

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...77866583490560

    If its 61% among even the labour membership, crusties to a man, imagine what its like among undecideds.

    It's obvious Starmer's plan is to keep powder dry for another year or two before unleashing policy in the run up to an actual election. You may not like it, but its at least fairly easy to understand.
    It's as high as 61% because a lot of the left have not renewed their membership over the last year while some centrists will have rejoined



    Labour membership has dropped less than 12% since pre-election so that narrative doesnt get you very far.

    There are about 490,000 members today, it was about 550k pre-election
    Source?

  17. #17777
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,319

  18. #17778
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,319
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55302595

    Unite Union (led by Len 'Totally not Corrupt' McCluskey) builds its own hotel and conference centre, projected to cost 57m of member's money (brilliant use of it!)... gives contract to mate of Clutchy McCluskey... ends up 60% over budget due to "4*+" upgrade and new management penthouse floor.

    How anyone could possibly think spending 100m on a luxury hotel benefits union members, many of whom are on minimum wage, I do not know, much less the hilarity of a union run project overrunning by 60%. Presumably its the same mindset that allows one to justify the politburo building enormous Dachaus for the politburo members so they had somewhere to hobnob.

    At least McCluskey's mate got paid and Clusker got a penthouse out of it!

  19. #17779

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55302595

    Unite Union (led by Len 'Totally not Corrupt' McCluskey) builds its own hotel and conference centre, projected to cost 57m of member's money (brilliant use of it!)... gives contract to mate of Clutchy McCluskey... ends up 60% over budget due to "4*+" upgrade and new management penthouse floor.

    How anyone could possibly think spending 100m on a luxury hotel benefits union members, many of whom are on minimum wage, I do not know, much less the hilarity of a union run project overrunning by 60%. Presumably its the same mindset that allows one to justify the politburo building enormous Dachaus for the politburo members so they had somewhere to hobnob.

    At least McCluskey's mate got paid and Clusker got a penthouse out of it!
    You might want to check that link

  20. #17780

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,888
    correct bbc link

    Not surprised it's in Birmingham.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •