hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 109 of 131 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110111112119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2618

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #2161

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So since no-deal is the default, and the parliament can't pass anything else and now no one can fund preparations for no deal it will be chaos in less than 80 days.
    Nope.

    [...]

    In the case of a referendum the EU has already stated they will give us the extra time to run one. In the case of a revocation of article 50, the EU has already stated they will let us stay in as we were before 2016.
    I'm curious, have you a source for this? I haven't hard anything the like and that is a major decision affecting all EU countries.

  2. #2162
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    So since no-deal is the default, and the parliament can't pass anything else and now no one can fund preparations for no deal it will be chaos in less than 80 days.
    Nope.

    [...]

    In the case of a referendum the EU has already stated they will give us the extra time to run one. In the case of a revocation of article 50, the EU has already stated they will let us stay in as we were before 2016.
    I'm curious, have you a source for this? I haven't hard anything the like and that is a major decision affecting all EU countries.
    The European court of justice ruled that the UK government can revoke article 50.

    Though because the exit date was legislated onto the statute books the UK parliament would have to pass an act to enable the UK government to do so.

    As for sources, "UK can unilaterally revoke article 50" plus the name of your preferred media source into any search engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  3. #2163
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,324
    I think he meant the "being given extra time for a new referendum" bit.

    (I also remember reading or hearing that)

  4. #2164
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,398

  5. #2165
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,555
    why the fuck are you debating stickers in a car this close to your economy melting down ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  6. #2166
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    why the fuck are you debating stickers in a car this close to your economy melting down ?
    The point of order about the sticker was brought by a Tory ...

    Nuff said ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  7. #2167
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Ken Clarke is also a boss.
    Starmer, Clarke, Clegg, Grieve, McDonnell, Lammy and Carney.

    Let them sort it out and everyone else can fuck off tbh.
    Clegg's no longer an MP. He's currently working for Facebook. Something about ethics ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  8. #2168
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Ken Clarke is also a boss.
    Starmer, Clarke, Clegg, Grieve, McDonnell, Lammy and Carney.

    Let them sort it out and everyone else can fuck off tbh.
    Clegg's no longer an MP. He's currently working for Facebook. Something about ethics ...
    PR actually. Iíd dump your stock if you havenít already...
    meh

  9. #2169
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    why the fuck are you debating stickers in a car this close to your economy melting down ?
    The point of order about the sticker was brought by a Tory ...

    Nuff said ...
    Who also looked like the absolute perfect poster boy for gammon-kind.

  10. #2170
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    why the fuck are you debating stickers in a car this close to your economy melting down ?
    Why do you suppose our economy is melting down?

    Too many politicians, not enough statesmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  11. #2171
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Ken Clarke is also a boss.
    Starmer, Clarke, Clegg, Grieve, McDonnell, Lammy and Carney.

    Let them sort it out and everyone else can fuck off tbh.
    Clegg's no longer an MP. He's currently working for Facebook. Something about ethics ...
    I know, this is my imagined future where we need a group of intelligent people to dictate.

  12. #2172

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    why the fuck are you debating stickers in a car this close to your economy melting down ?
    He was arguing that bercow isn't impartial - this is probably true but he's leaving the speaker role anyway and would rather be remembered for standing up for parliament than being kicked out for bullying.

  13. #2173
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    top scenes
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  14. #2174
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    top scenes
    Bullying allegations aside Bercow is pretty based. He's earned his crust while he's been in the speaker's chair and been a pretty good custodian.


  15. #2175
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    top scenes
    Bullying allegations aside Bercow is pretty based. He's earned his crust while he's been in the speaker's chair and been a pretty good custodian.
    Agree. I hate tories but hes been a decent chap in the chair. Top bants.

  16. #2176
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    why the fuck are you debating stickers in a car this close to your economy melting down ?
    Ah, I see you're new to the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  17. #2177
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,428
    Not sure what this amendment is supposed to achieve.

    When May loses her vote then its No Deal.

  18. #2178

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Not sure what this amendment is supposed to achieve.

    When May loses her vote then its No Deal.
    It's so cute and dried it's why leave supporters are up in arms about it.

  19. #2179
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    It's so cute and dried it's why leave supporters are up in arms about it.
    Yet it still achieves nothing.

  20. #2180
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,946
    It achieves upsetting the gammon which is good enough for now


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •