hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 556 of 736 FirstFirst ... 56456506546553554555556557558559566606656 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,120 of 14715

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    You don't get to have the legal career Starmer has had without being made of some pretty stern shit
    Being able to publicly deal with bullshit effectively is very different to not letting it affect you.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Bring back Nazi Harry, say Mail readers
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...20200109192382

It still amazes me how many people care about the royal family and seem to care quite a lot.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It still amazes me how many people care about the royal family and seem to care quite a lot.
    Makes them "more special" by proxy than other people in countries who don't have royalty. Or something. Tribes gotta tribe?

Had to take a month off for personal reasons, but I'm back now.

Starmer would be a great Chancellor or Foreign Sec but I can't see him being PM because he's a Londoner, he's a Remainer, and his time as DPP would give the media and the government too much ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I honestly don't see starmer moving much towards the centre. Long Bailey would be a bad choice.
    Agree, tbh I donít see anyone as decent now. Lammyís too black and Starmer is too left. Perhaps the party needs to split.
    Does Starmer seem too left? He struck me as more centrist than Corbyn during Brexit etc.
    Same but it seems he is actually quite left. I also donít think heíd be great in the commons: heís a barrister and a prosecutor at that, is used to being afforded time in silence to speak.

Also why is Corbyn still leader lol? The amount of damage that is doing alone is maaaaaaasive.
    Corbyn sticking around insulates the next leader from the Brexit bill shenanigans we're going to see while boris fucks around with trying to get us out by the end of the month.
    Why not withdraw immediately and allow a caretaker to step in? Him remaining in position is so damaging.

Also why is Milne getting a permanent contract? Did these fuckwits learn anything?
    By default the caretaker leader is the current deputy, but Watson has stepped down. If you want a fair contest it can't be any of the candidates for leader or deputy so you'd be looking at McDonnell or Abbott running things. Do you really want that?

Also, remember when Harriet Harman was acting leader? Because she was only going to be a temp the Tories got away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

Starmer would be a great Chancellor or Foreign Sec but I can't see him being PM because he's a Londoner, he's a Remainer, and his time as DPP would give the media and the government too much ammunition.
    And lo, to the surprise of no one, the Corbynites go for the man and not the policies.

Current levels of declared support (22 nominations needed):

Keir Starmer: 42
    Rebecca Long-Bailey: 21
    Jess Phillips: 16
    Lisa Nandy: 14
    Emily Thornberry: 3
    Clive Lewis: 2
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; January 9 2020 at 11:41:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

So who will you be voting for then? Genuinely interested.
    It depends on who gets on the ballot and what they say during the campaign!

Right now though, it would be either Lewis or Long-Bailey - and definitely not Jess Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I honestly don't see starmer moving much towards the centre. Long Bailey would be a bad choice.
    Agree, tbh I don’t see anyone as decent now. Lammy’s too black and Starmer is too left. Perhaps the party needs to split.
    Does Starmer seem too left? He struck me as more centrist than Corbyn during Brexit etc.
    Same but it seems he is actually quite left. I also don’t think he’d be great in the commons: he’s a barrister and a prosecutor at that, is used to being afforded time in silence to speak.

Also why is Corbyn still leader lol? The amount of damage that is doing alone is maaaaaaasive.
    Corbyn sticking around insulates the next leader from the Brexit bill shenanigans we're going to see while boris fucks around with trying to get us out by the end of the month.
    Why not withdraw immediately and allow a caretaker to step in? Him remaining in position is so damaging.

Also why is Milne getting a permanent contract? Did these fuckwits learn anything?
    By default the caretaker leader is the current deputy, but Watson has stepped down. If you want a fair contest it can't be any of the candidates for leader or deputy so you'd be looking at McDonnell or Abbott running things. Do you really want that?

Also, remember when Harriet Harman was acting leader? Because she was only going to be a temp the Tories got away with murder.
    If you two can’t understand why Corbyn remaining as leader 3 months after the largest Labour loss since fuck knows when is a bad thing, then there is little to discuss. Like, for real, it’s just pig-ignorant.

Like I said, Labour needs to die. The members should have never been given so much say over who runs the party; the whole organisational structure isn’t fit for purpose and has deeply let down those it purports to champion.

Right now though, it would be either Lewis or Long-Bailey - and definitely not Jess Phillips.
    You'd vote for the man who is effectively campaigning for the green party and the snp or the woman so phenomenally incompetent as a campaigner Momentum are going to stand a candidate against her, who was their own candidate to start with? But definitely not the other woman, because..?

No wonder we're so fucked on the left

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    You'd vote for the man who is effectively campaigning for the green party and the snp or the woman so phenomenally incompetent as a campaigner Momentum are going to stand a candidate against her, who was their own candidate to start with? But definitely not the other woman, because..?

No wonder we're so fucked on the left
    Because...

...she was one of the Chicken Coup plotters...

...she objected to International Men's Day...

...she's supports Israeli policy in Palestine...

...she claimed that the British Pakistani-Bangladeshi community were importing wives for their disabled sons...

...she claimed that events akin to the alleged mass sexual assaults in Cologne happen every week on Birmingham's Broad Street...

...she once boasted about telling a shadow cabinet member to fuck off.

There's more, but I can't be arsed to look them up.

The most important thing this coming decade is for a coalition of the progressive left to be built. I don't see RLB being able to overcome the current labour centralism and executive bureaucracy which acts as a huge obstacle to that. I can see Starmer and Lewis having the ability to push it through if it was something they valued. We'll have to see over the next couple of months how they shape their campaigns.

If you two canít understand why Corbyn remaining as leader 3 months after the largest Labour loss since fuck knows when is a bad thing, then there is little to discuss. Like, for real, itís just pig-ignorant.

Like I said, Labour needs to die. The members should have never been given so much say over who runs the party; the whole organisational structure isnít fit for purpose and has deeply let down those it purports to champion.
    amazing scenes.
    so you genuinely think the problem with a democratic party system is the fact that the members of the party decides the policies and leadership of the party ? in other words and in a larger context, the problem with democracy is that the hoi polloi holds the deciding influence ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It truly is a dumber take than the blue labourites who think Labour would win a majority if only the party was more racist.

I'm pretty sure Djan is a Lib Dem though so calling him out might be ableist.
    Last edited by Keckers; January 9 2020 at 01:16:15 PM.

Both of you are tip top fucking retards. If you think 500k people represent the 'hoi polloi' (what does that even fucking mean? You stupid pizza delivery system), or even a representative cross section of the electorate, then you're even denser than I thought.

I vote Labour, same as you. I just, you know, would like the party to return to power. It's people like you that prevent left wing thought from percolating into general discourse and turning into policies: cod-left philosophy and a marked disconnect between what people actually want and are prepared to vote for. You should feel ashamed of yourselves for supporting a section of the party that has literally ensured a Tory majority - almost certainly for the next ten years.

kill yourselves.

Both of you are tip top fucking retards. If you think 500k people represent the 'hoi polloi' (what does that even fucking mean? You stupid pizza delivery system), or even a representative cross section of the electorate, then you're even denser than I thought.

I vote Labour, same as you. I just, you know, would like the party to return to power. It's people like you that prevent left wing thought from percolating into general discourse and turning into policies: cod-left philosophy and a marked disconnect between what people actually want and are prepared to vote for. You should feel ashamed of yourselves for supporting a section of the party that has literally ensured a Tory majority - almost certainly for the next ten years.

kill yourselves.

...she once boasted about telling a shadow cabinet member to fuck off.
    aye fair play but this one deserves a pat on the back, diane does need to fuck off

lmao Djan

I've literally called on this page for the next labour leader to build a progressive coalition (which seems to represent over 50% of the electorate) instead of promote party isolationism. The left requires constitutional reform in order to become a political force in Britain, a new electoral system, an empowering policy platform and forward looking leadership.

What have you suggested? Scrapping article 50 and no longer being left wing? What the fuck do you know about what peopel want or will vote for? Were you on the door step last election? When was the last time you living hand to mouth?

The left requires constitutional reform in order to become a political force in Britain, a new electoral system, an empowering policy platform and forward looking leadership.
    Not really. It mostly requires leadership that isn't personified by a flatcap wearing, terrorist hugging, allotment tending, england-hating pensioner.