hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 768 of 800 FirstFirst ... 268668718758765766767768769770771778 ... LastLast
Results 15,341 to 15,360 of 15988

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    We are now officially past the point per EU where the possible deal could get ratified by the member states in time. There might still be a slim chance of a deal between EU and UK that would be agreed by the MEPs and EU parliament, which would need to be presented by next wednesday and be translated at least into French, maybe the full 24 languages of the members before that.
    There is a 0% chance the EU parliment will agree to anything that is not a hard brexit for UK at this point.

Yes i will take bets.
    Well, it is only the free movement of people, level playing field, irish border and fishing rights left to hammer out, should be easy.
    EU Parliament agreed to an extra sitting for the 28th Dec, just for the UK Deal. I curious if UK will do the same. ;-)
    The new talk is the 'review clause' so the whole deal would be review every 4th year, making this the never-ending Brexit drama.

That extra session still needs the text to materialize in english and in french by next wednesday to happen if I understood correctly. French being french they are refusing to pass any agreement if it isn't translated. Also that possible last minute deal wouldn't be a brexit deal as such, as it would be agreed upon on different level, the proper one would require ratification by all member states, which is impossible at current time.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    We are now officially past the point per EU where the possible deal could get ratified by the member states in time. There might still be a slim chance of a deal between EU and UK that would be agreed by the MEPs and EU parliament, which would need to be presented by next wednesday and be translated at least into French, maybe the full 24 languages of the members before that.
    There is a 0% chance the EU parliment will agree to anything that is not a hard brexit for UK at this point.

Yes i will take bets.
    Well, it is only the free movement of people, level playing field, irish border and fishing rights left to hammer out, should be easy.
    EU Parliament agreed to an extra sitting for the 28th Dec, just for the UK Deal. I curious if UK will do the same. ;-)
    The new talk is the 'review clause' so the whole deal would be review every 4th year, making this the never-ending Brexit drama.
    The review is a necessity after the british GOV is/intends to break international law by implementing national law aka Irish border. My guess it will be a hard brexit, one because time is running out, two Johnson can then blame anything on it. It's an easy way out of mishandling the corona pandemic and economic wasteland.

I think they were planning on using covid as the scapegoat for their mismanagement of Brexit. They've got full ownership of both by now, I can't wait to see how the media tries to maintain their legitimacy.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I think they were planning on using covid as the scapegoat for their mismanagement of Brexit. They've got full ownership of both by now, I can't wait to see how the media tries to maintain their legitimacy.
    "CORBYN calls all jews dicheads. Can you trust the menace that is Labour!" for 5 yearsl daily will carry them again, somehow

If (when) it all goes tits up they'll just replace Johnson with a leader who can truly unite the country and usher us into a new era of propserity where we stride the world like a colossus. So Michael Gove or Priti Patel then.

I guess they will spin it the other way around by saying we, the britisch GOV, did all we could do to avoid a hard Brexit but the bad EU is the guilty part because... add any reason here true or fake. And now they can blame any coming economic crisis including the one from corona to an unreasonable bad EU. They have a scapegoat now to implement any law they want, not only for economics just blame the EU.

Of course this is a 360 as they told the people it will be all sunshine and the British Empire will be back even with a hard Brexit, it won't but who cares.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; November 28 2020 at 02:32:29 PM.

Obviously, yes.
    It's been on the table since COVID happened and they pushed the line out that the REMOANERS were going to blame Brexit for all the bad shit caused exclusively by the pandemic back in March or whenever it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

UK’s high Covid spending delivered worse outcomes than peers
    https://www.ft.com/content/1f52fd2b-...b-acc38f819b8d

The UK has spent more money fighting coronavirus than almost all comparable countries but still languishes towards the bottom of league tables of economic performance in 2020 and deaths caused by the virus, according to Financial Times research. On Wednesday, the independent Office for Budget Responsibility said the UK’s economy was set to shrink by 11.3 per cent in 2020, while the government would need to borrow 394bn to fund a shortfall in taxes and 280bn in public spending to fight Covid-19. Compared with the average of other G7 leading economies, the cost to the UK government is set to be over 80 per cent more, while the UK is also on course to suffer a 90 per cent deeper decline in economic output in 2020 and almost 60 per cent more deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

The UK has spent more money fighting coronavirus than almost all comparable countries but still languishes towards the bottom of league tables of economic performance in 2020 and deaths caused by the virus, according to Financial Times research. On Wednesday, the independent Office for Budget Responsibility said the UK’s economy was set to shrink by 11.3 per cent in 2020, while the government would need to borrow 394bn to fund a shortfall in taxes and 280bn in public spending to fight Covid-19. Compared with the average of other G7 leading economies, the cost to the UK government is set to be over 80 per cent more, while the UK is also on course to suffer a 90 per cent deeper decline in economic output in 2020 and almost 60 per cent more deaths.
    How would it compare if you didn't account for all the money siphoned off to tory donors/friends/spouses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

How would it compare if you didn't account for all the money siphoned off to tory donors/friends/spouses?
    "UK spent zero on covid"

Getting multi million contracts for supply by sending a whatsapp to your fucking neighbour, who happens to be the health secretary scenes all over the shop

Will we see similar reporting from the beeb do you reckon?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

"PM Johnson says "we are beating covid"" stories only pls

The notoriously left wing liberal media elite would never do that.

Oh wait, have I got my talking points cards muddled?
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55066703

Sit down, Little Britons. The Adults are back. Oh and Biden is Irish by descent or something so yeah that Brexit thing isn't gonna work the way Bojo wants.

US doesn't want guarded border on Ireland - Biden

President-elect Joe Biden has said America does not want a "guarded border" between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland following Brexit.

He said it had taken a lot of hard work to reach a settlement on the island of Ireland, ending decades of conflict.

Speaking to reporters in Wilmington, Delaware, on Tuesday, Mr Biden said: "We do not want a guarded border. We've worked too long to get Ireland worked out.

"The idea of having a border north and south once again being closed is just not right, we've just got to keep the border open."
    Love how he says "we". Did the US have any part in the troubles, apart from sending boatloads of weapons to the IRA?
    do u even history
    Not Irish history. Already been educated that clinton helped broker the deal.
    worth reading more into it, especially from an american pov. people fundraising for 'the home country (the ira)' in boston etc, gaddafi popping up with semtex occasionally, horrific atrocities on both sides, and all a short skip away from mainland UK.
    It quite often skipped over to the mainland UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Another revelation about Fishy Sunak's dodgy family finances - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tius-india-tax

Warning: article contains picture of fat-tongued mockney wanker Jamie Oliver.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the graun criticising someone’s wife for tax efficient planning.

Such a non-story.

I've never forgiven Oliver for driving up the prices of smoked mackerel. That used to be one of my favourite cheap as chips and still healthy protein choices and the price never recovered from him making them fashionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Now that we are turning to the last month before the golden age I have to assume that the traditional xmas calenders in UK have been altered to include 31 days this time?

Now that we are turning to the last month before the golden age I have to assume that the traditional xmas calenders in UK have been altered to include 31 days this time?
    Yes. There will be chocolate behind the first 30 windows. The 31st features genuine shit from one of the bad boys of Brexit!