hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 443 of 479 FirstFirst ... 343393433440441442443444445446453 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 9571

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Sam Gyimah is the latest Tory MP to defect the Lib Dems.

You may recall him trying to run down the clock in the Commons in an attempt to block the bill pardoning Turing and other men who had been imprisoned or castrated for being gay. So he should get along fine with Tim Farron at least.
    Neo-Liberals would accept Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Sam Gyimah is the latest Tory MP to defect the Lib Dems.

You may recall him trying to run down the clock in the Commons in an attempt to block the bill pardoning Turing and other men who had been imprisoned or castrated for being gay. So he should get along fine with Tim Farron at least.
    The irony of you saying this is killing me. Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post
    The concept of Israel as the jewish state is inherently racist, as it leaves any non-jews that happen to be living there shit-out-of-luck. A non-racist Israel is as illusionary as an Irish border solution that satisfies both the good Friday agreement and Brexit.
    rules for thee, not for me

My prediction for the Supreme Court ruling on prorogation: it was illegal, but there's no mechanism for reversing it and no sanctions either.

My prediction for the Supreme Court ruling on prorogation: it was illegal, but there's no mechanism for reversing it and no sanctions either.
    But there is a mechanism for reversing it, and that is the sanction ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    But there is a mechanism for reversing it, and that is the sanction ...
    It seems a little outside the scope for a sanction? I guess everything at the moment is unprecedented so who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

On the Guardian's live feed:

That was extraordinary. Boris Johnson, the British prime minister, has just been humiliated by the leader of the tiniest country in the European Union.

We were expecting a joint, open-air press conference but, with a large crowd of anti-Brexit campaigners threatening to drown out Johnson, it was announced that the British PM was not going to take part (presumably because of the demonstration, although that has not officially been confirmed yet). Normally in these circumstances the polite thing to do is to re-arrange. But instead Xavier Bettel, the prime minister of Luxembourg, just went ahead anyway, effectively “empty chairing” his guest. At one point he even gestured at the space where Johnson was supposed to be.

And then Xavier just let rip. People often wonder what EU leaders say or think about Johnson in private. Well, now we know. The leave campaign was a pack of lies, Johnson’s talk of progress in the Brexit talk is unfounded, the UK still has not come up with any ideas about an alternative to the backstop. On and on he went, with particular emphasis on the point that the UK, not the EU, was to blame for the crisis. It was a “nightmare” for EU citizens, said Bettel. At several points he was loudly applauded by the protesters, because they felt he was articulating their anger.

Last edited by Rodj Blake; September 16 2019 at 02:51:00 PM.

could have at least ironed the bloody flag before he beat boris to death with it

Oh God I have to watch that.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Battle of the Tax Havens

When was the last time a country was so thoroughly let down by their ruling class
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

The Great Leap comes to mind.

Its better to feign ignorance than remove any doubt of incompetence. Thats why im against direct democracy, lets me at least pretend to be ruled by competence.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Oh man thanks for pointing out this gem. For everyone too lazy to look it up themselves:

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Oh man thanks for pointing out this gem. For everyone too lazy to look it up themselves:

Hilarious and sad to see even politicians cant keep a straight face any more.

Brave Sir Boris ran away.

Bravely ran away away.

When danger reared it's ugly head,

He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes, brave Sir Boris turned about

And gallantly he chickened out.

Swiftly taking to his feet,

He beat a very brave retreat.

Bravest of the brave, Sir Boris!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    When was the last time a country was so thoroughly let down by their ruling class
    Maybe the Argentine junta in 1983 if we're looking for that mixture of callous indifference to well-being of their countrymen, massive incompetence and phenomenally self-assured misjudgement of the true situation of their nation in the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Maybe the Argentine junta in 1983 if we're looking for that mixture of callous indifference to well-being of their countrymen, massive incompetence and phenomenally self-assured misjudgement of the true situation of their nation in the world?
    At least in Argentina the men looked pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    The irony of you saying this is killing me. Perfection.
    Im glad you do not dispute it. An agreement then.

All people of the Earth should be welcome in this country including the white folk from continental Europe who have spread whiteness all over the globe. Just not in numbers beyond carrying capacity and as part of a plot by evil Neo-liberals to gain political dominance.

Venezuela in recent history. Hong Kong. I think the lesson here is that communists cannot be trusted.
    Last edited by Meester; September 17 2019 at 02:43:32 AM.

Truly i am amazed how you survive dally life.

Zimbabwe?