hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 442 of 485 FirstFirst ... 342392432439440441442443444445452 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 9681

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

People mistake cruelty with competence when it comes to right wing political parties. The poor will suffer what they must, otherwise everything will collapse or something.

Also the classic fascist paradox of the enemy being both despicably weak and immeasurably powerful at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    So I'm no Corbyn fan, but it fucking amazes and disgusts me how many people I meet who manage to simultaneously believe:

- Boris and Cummings are evil, fascism-baiting sociopaths leading this country into economic and social oblivion AND
    - that Corbyn's woolyness and risk of incompetence, and possibility he really is the Stalinist the media paints him as (i.e. ignoring all the stuff they like about the labour manifesto, as "entryism" or lies), nevertheless precludes them voting labour to keep the tories out.

I dont get it. You'd hand the election to someone you think is literally hitler (even worse, him AND farage as a double act) because Corbyn is a bit of a wierdy beardy who might get a bit too zealous on the income tax bracket front?

And don't get me started on the Climate Emergency lot - voting green and seriously believing the world is on a precipice? How does that work? "Yeah civilisation died but I least I got to hold my middle finger up to the man with a lazer-sharp protest vote.

Basically if you are in a Labour/Tory marginal you have two options in this election:

1) No deal brexit, fuck the poor, fuck the environment, fuck workers, fuck the NHS, fuck the economy except for hedge fundies

OR

2) Hold your nose and take a risk on Corbyn.

How can that even be a question? We've had 10 years of the mild version of the former, you hated it, and yet you are using fear of CHANGE of all things to dissaude yourself from voting for the only other party with a chance of stopping them?

Of course in a tory/lib-dem marginal vote Lib dem. Basically vote for whoever you need to to stop the tories. And if you are in a safe seat, do a vote-swap with someone using one of the many websites.

Fuck sake guys stop being cunts. There are no "difficult decisions" to make here - your course of action is utterly obvious. Only a fucking shithead would vote in any way that makes a Con/BREX coalition more likely to win.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lallante again.

So I'm no Corbyn fan, but it fucking amazes and disgusts me how many people I meet who manage to simultaneously believe:

- Boris and Cummings are evil, fascism-baiting sociopaths leading this country into economic and social oblivion AND
    - that Corbyn's woolyness and risk of incompetence, and possibility he really is the Stalinist the media paints him as (i.e. ignoring all the stuff they like about the labour manifesto, as "entryism" or lies), nevertheless precludes them voting labour to keep the tories out.

I dont get it. You'd hand the election to someone you think is literally hitler (even worse, him AND farage as a double act) because Corbyn is a bit of a wierdy beardy who might get a bit too zealous on the income tax bracket front?

And don't get me started on the Climate Emergency lot - voting green and seriously believing the world is on a precipice? How does that work? "Yeah civilisation died but I least I got to hold my middle finger up to the man with a lazer-sharp protest vote.

Basically if you are in a Labour/Tory marginal you have two options in this election:

1) No deal brexit, fuck the poor, fuck the environment, fuck workers, fuck the NHS, fuck the economy except for hedge fundies

OR

How can that even be a question? We've had 10 years of the mild version of the former, you hated it, and yet you are using fear of CHANGE of all things to dissaude yourself from voting for the only other party with a chance of stopping them?

Of course in a tory/lib-dem marginal vote Lib dem. Basically vote for whoever you need to to stop the tories. And if you are in a safe seat, do a vote-swap with someone using one of the many websites.

Fuck sake guys stop being cunts. There are no "difficult decisions" to make here - your course of action is utterly obvious. Only a fucking shithead would vote in any way that makes a Con/BREX coalition more likely to win.
    Yeah, but he hates the jews.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    He hates Israel and does things that unwittingly or uncaringly enable people who hate the jews. I don't like it, in fact I think its atrocious, but it's a personal failing still nowhere near comparable to the openly held policies of the hard right. It's just not in the same ballpark.

OR

Thank you captain obvious ...

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Most likely the country will be dissolved and auctioned off piece by piece to the highest bidder.
    Implying that that auction didn't complete back in March and this isn't just the settlement and delivery phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    People mistake cruelty with competence when it comes to right wing political parties. The poor will suffer what they must, otherwise everything will collapse or something.

Also the classic fascist paradox of the enemy being both despicably weak and immeasurably powerful at the same time.
    > said would get tougher on the poor
    > overdelivered

That's +1 for competence right there.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Thank you captain obvious ...
    May be for the ones frequenting here, but not for the general voting public

Obviously

He hates Israel and does things that unwittingly or uncaringly enable people who hate the jews. I don't like it, in fact I think its atrocious, but it's a personal failing still nowhere near comparable to the openly held policies of the hard right. It's just not in the same ballpark.
    For future reference, this is the only reason you need to be for the absolute division between state and religion.
    Israel is behaving like a fucking asshole in its area of the world and it should be as normal to call that out, as calling the US out for having a shitshow of a government.
    But because Isreal = Jews this is immediately thrown in the antisemitism bucket. This makes it impossible to dislike Israel without being labled a nazi. I hate it.

The current Israeli government are a gang of racist, corrupt authoritarian shits.

There, that wasn't too difficult or nuanced a distinction to draw, was it?
    I love Malcanis!

The concept of Israel as the jewish state is inherently racist, as it leaves any non-jews that happen to be living there shit-out-of-luck. A non-racist Israel is as illusionary as an Irish border solution that satisfies both the good Friday agreement and Brexit.

Sam Gyimah is the latest Tory MP to defect the Lib Dems.

You may recall him trying to run down the clock in the Commons in an attempt to block the bill pardoning Turing and other men who had been imprisoned or castrated for being gay. So he should get along fine with Tim Farron at least.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; September 15 2019 at 08:30:02 AM.

Tories extend poll lead to 12% despite week of political chaos
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...olitical-chaos

There truly is no hope with voters like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Sam Gyimah is the latest Tory MP to defect the Lib Dems.

You may recall him trying to run down the clock in the Commons in an attempt to block the bill pardoning Turing and other men who had been imprisoned or castrated for being gay. So he should get along fine with Tim Farron at least.
    This is such a fucking stupid hard left talking point. Deliberately disingenous or moronic.

He fillibustered a private members bill giving an AUTOMATIC pardon for all related crimes to any gay man convicted. Going through parliament at the SAME TIME was a bill that HE HIMSELF AUTHORED that gave the same pardons, but required a final sign off by the MoJ - this bill would have been defeated had the private members bill gone through. The reason for the difference was that the private members bill was sloppily drafted and would have had the effect of pardoning gay men who had been convicted of homosexuality-related crimes AS WELL AS other crimes at the same time, for example rape, indecent exposure to minors, sexual activity with a minor etc., even where those acts remain serious crimes to this day.

You can say you disagree with his stance but to imply as you do that he is a homophobe for holding it is either idiocy or deliberate attempts to spread fake news.

Arguably the statement "Rodj Blakes supports automatic pardons for male paedos provided the kids are boys" is more accurate than your insinuation.

FYI for those interested in "fact based" reality, Sam Gyimah's voting record on gay rights is as follows:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24...ons?policy=826

• Sam Gyimah voted to permit same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland.

• Sam Gyimah voted to enable the courts to deal with proceedings for the divorce of, or annulment of the marriage of, a same sex couple.

• Sam Gyimah voted to make same sex marriage available to armed forces personnel outside the UK.

• Sam Gyimah voted in favour of allowing same sex couples to marry

• Sam Gyimah voted to make same sex marriage available to armed forces personnel outside the UK.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 15 2019 at 09:06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    There truly is no hope with voters like that.
    Apparantly 75% of the people asked "how do you feel about Labour's stance on Brexit", asked their interviewer to first explain what that stance actually was

Their stance is perfectly clear: Brexit means Brexit, but not that Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    And don't ask us what Brexit

Hypothetically, do you think it would be actionable to say that at this stage it's inescapably obvious that Alexander Boris De Peffer Johnson is financially invested in ensuring a hard brexit and is literally using the office of Prime Minister for his personal gain?
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Hypothetically, do you think it would be actionable to say that at this stage it's inescapably obvious that Alexander Boris De Peffer Johnson is financially invested in ensuring a hard brexit and is literally using the office of Prime Minister for his personal gain?
    Nah I think he has just done his election maths and realises a hard line is the only route to a conservative majority