hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 434 of 679 FirstFirst ... 334384424431432433434435436437444484534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 13575

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

(UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Regarding the Boris Bridge Mk II: There's also the small matter that almost no large government projects come in anywhere near the original projected cost.
    Last edited by El Capitano; September 12 2019 at 07:00:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I see Johnson's back to talking about building a bridge between Scotland and N.Ireland.
    Separate from the "who" and their motivation here......is a bridge between Scotland (UK) and Northern Ireland (UK) a bad thing per se?
    It has fairly limited utility compared to other projects which have been queuing for money for the last 30 years
    it could also only be built in a completely useless location

& we don't want giants crossing over again.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Is there a possibility of the EU at some point refusing to give an extension, "take the deal (negotiated by May) or hard Brexit it is".

How much waffle will they bother?
    And let the Brexiteers off the hook when the problems start piling up? Screw that, if they want to shoot themselves in the foot they'll have to pull the trigger.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    it's in a shit position (ireland isn't even tied up by motorways enough to take advantage of it, ditto where it would land in scotland so slap a few more B's on that cost), it's in a shit part of sea (deep and wild) and all of this is assuming it's on cost and on time - which it hasn't got a chance in hell of.

a simpler and more effective solution is just increase ferry capacity lol

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    It's going to be an absolute shitshow for more or less everyone. Britains economy is not the only one going to be affected by this. Let them delay it indefinitely for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I want to vote for labour but I just can't with all this vacillating.
    The official labour position is a referendum including a remain option. how is that not what everyone in the UK wants ?
    You guys obviously were screwed by Facebook/Cambridge analytica in the last ref.
    What could possibly be smarter than saying: Well shit, we've been had and this clearly does not go anywhere, lets to this again but properly this time. We once ruled the oceans, We'll manage to organize a fucking Poll without russian money paying the result.

We were stupid enough to vote for it the first times and the last I checked we havent got much smarter since
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    It's going to be an absolute shitshow for more or less everyone. Britains economy is not the only one going to be affected by this. Let them delay it indefinitely for all I care.
    It either triggers the coming recession, or makes it worse. Or both most likely

Either way anyone who is advocating for a hard and fast deadline on Brexit has pudding for a brain

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    So I'm no Corbyn fan, but it fucking amazes and disgusts me how many people I meet who manage to simultaneously believe:

- Boris and Cummings are evil, fascism-baiting sociopaths leading this country into economic and social oblivion AND
    - that Corbyn's woolyness and risk of incompetence, and possibility he really is the Stalinist the media paints him as (i.e. ignoring all the stuff they like about the labour manifesto, as "entryism" or lies), nevertheless precludes them voting labour to keep the tories out.

I dont get it. You'd hand the election to someone you think is literally hitler (even worse, him AND farage as a double act) because Corbyn is a bit of a wierdy beardy who might get a bit too zealous on the income tax bracket front?

And don't get me started on the Climate Emergency lot - voting green and seriously believing the world is on a precipice? How does that work? "Yeah civilisation died but I least I got to hold my middle finger up to the man with a lazer-sharp protest vote.

Basically if you are in a Labour/Tory marginal you have two options in this election:

1) No deal brexit, fuck the poor, fuck the environment, fuck workers, fuck the NHS, fuck the economy except for hedge fundies

OR

2) Hold your nose and take a risk on Corbyn.

How can that even be a question? We've had 10 years of the mild version of the former, you hated it, and yet you are using fear of CHANGE of all things to dissaude yourself from voting for the only other party with a chance of stopping them?

Of course in a tory/lib-dem marginal vote Lib dem. Basically vote for whoever you need to to stop the tories. And if you are in a safe seat, do a vote-swap with someone using one of the many websites.

Fuck sake guys stop being cunts. There are no "difficult decisions" to make here - your course of action is utterly obvious. Only a fucking shithead would vote in any way that makes a Con/BREX coalition more likely to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    So I'm no Corbyn fan, but it fucking amazes and disgusts me how many people I meet who manage to simultaneously believe:

- Boris and Cummings are evil, fascism-baiting sociopaths leading this country into economic and social oblivion AND
    - that Corbyn's woolyness and risk of incompetence, and possibility he really is the Stalinist the media paints him as (i.e. ignoring all the stuff they like about the labour manifesto, as "entryism" or lies), nevertheless precludes them voting labour to keep the tories out.

I dont get it. You'd hand the election to someone you think is literally hitler (even worse, him AND farage as a double act) because Corbyn is a bit of a wierdy beardy who might get a bit too zealous on the income tax bracket front?

And don't get me started on the Climate Emergency lot - voting green and seriously believing the world is on a precipice? How does that work? "Yeah civilisation died but I least I got to hold my middle finger up to the man with a lazer-sharp protest vote.

Basically if you are in a Labour/Tory marginal you have two options in this election:

1) No deal brexit, fuck the poor, fuck the environment, fuck workers, fuck the NHS, fuck the economy except for hedge fundies

OR

How can that even be a question? We've had 10 years of the mild version of the former, you hated it, and yet you are using fear of CHANGE of all things to dissaude yourself from voting for the only other party with a chance of stopping them?

Of course in a tory/lib-dem marginal vote Lib dem. Basically vote for whoever you need to to stop the tories. And if you are in a safe seat, do a vote-swap with someone using one of the many websites.

Fuck sake guys stop being cunts. There are no "difficult decisions" to make here - your course of action is utterly obvious. Only a fucking shithead would vote in any way that makes a Con/BREX coalition more likely to win.
    Yeah, no shit and well put.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    calling xenosis a spazlord (five infractions)

Date the ban will be lifted: February 8 2013, 02:00:00 PM

People mistake cruelty with competence when it comes to right wing political parties. The poor will suffer what they must, otherwise everything will collapse or something.

Also the classic fascist paradox of the enemy being both despicably weak and immeasurably powerful at the same time.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

OR

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lallante again.

OR

Yeah, but he hates the jews.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    He hates Israel and does things that unwittingly or uncaringly enable people who hate the jews. I don't like it, in fact I think its atrocious, but it's a personal failing still nowhere near comparable to the openly held policies of the hard right. It's just not in the same ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Most likely the country will be dissolved and auctioned off piece by piece to the highest bidder.
    Implying that that auction didn't complete back in March and this isn't just the settlement and delivery phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    People mistake cruelty with competence when it comes to right wing political parties. The poor will suffer what they must, otherwise everything will collapse or something.

Also the classic fascist paradox of the enemy being both despicably weak and immeasurably powerful at the same time.
    > said would get tougher on the poor
    > overdelivered

That's +1 for competence right there.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Thank you captain obvious ...
    May be for the ones frequenting here, but not for the general voting public

Obviously

He hates Israel and does things that unwittingly or uncaringly enable people who hate the jews. I don't like it, in fact I think its atrocious, but it's a personal failing still nowhere near comparable to the openly held policies of the hard right. It's just not in the same ballpark.
    For future reference, this is the only reason you need to be for the absolute division between state and religion.
    Israel is behaving like a fucking asshole in its area of the world and it should be as normal to call that out, as calling the US out for having a shitshow of a government.
    But because Isreal = Jews this is immediately thrown in the antisemitism bucket. This makes it impossible to dislike Israel without being labled a nazi. I hate it.

The current Israeli government are a gang of racist, corrupt authoritarian shits.

There, that wasn't too difficult or nuanced a distinction to draw, was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.