hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 410 of 469 FirstFirst ... 310360400407408409410411412413420460 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 9377

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    To be fair, I remember the entire Remain campaign being shit to the point of sabotage. A grand coalition of people who didn't like the EU, never liked the EU & didn't know why they liked it beyond it being good for the City of London.
    There was a hilarious level of arrogance and incompetence, but a good portion of that was Corbyn refusing to work with the official campaign and stalling the official Labour presence until very late in the day, then piss off on holiday 3 weeks before the vote.
    corybn was visibly at public pro remain events every few days the 4 weeks before the referendum. you're repeating tory talking points that have been disproved by... well looking at his publicly available itinerary. never go full tory :S

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    To be fair, I remember the entire Remain campaign being shit to the point of sabotage. A grand coalition of people who didn't like the EU, never liked the EU & didn't know why they liked it beyond it being good for the City of London.
    There was a hilarious level of arrogance and incompetence, but a good portion of that was Corbyn refusing to work with the official campaign and stalling the official Labour presence until very late in the day, then piss off on holiday 3 weeks before the vote.
    corybn was visibly at public pro remain events every few days the 4 weeks before the referendum. you're repeating tory talking points that have been disproved by... well looking at his publicly available itinerary. never go full tory :S
    And yet, at the time of the referendum, it was still unclear to me if he would vote remain. In fact, now 3 years after the referendum it is still unclear to me whether he voted to remain. Surely none of his actions since then has cleared that up!

Soo ... to say that he campaigned vigorously for remain? Well, not by my standards I'd say. I certainly don't remember any of that.

So let's dispence with the name-calling (and calling someone a Tory is, these days, nothing less than resorting to name-calling!): if Corbyn is such a big remainer; why is he still talking about Labour being neutral in the referendum?

I tell you why: because he's not for remain, is why ... So, why would I trust a leaver when it comes to Brexit. They do nothing but lie all the time ...

Alternatively he's said 'In the event of no deal vs remain we will support remain. If there's an alternative we will look at that before deciding and it will be put to conference'.

Which the Guardian has helpfully turned into CORBYN IS A NEUTRAL WITH A HEART FULL OF NEUTRALITY.

As much as we might hate it, 52% of the country DID vote to leave. We can't have a second referendum without trying to understand why, and part of understanding why could possibly include extending and renegotiating, without the ridiculous idea that blockchain will solve everything or whatever the Tories came up with.

The British body politic has been trying to lance the boil of anti-EU sentiment since 1973, and it all it has ever achieved is to squeeze it with grubby fingers.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Correct. They're heads of government, chosen by the people. Why do you hate democracy?
    So you agree that the people did not choose the EC President? And so you trust that those heads of state will vote for your interest instead of theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Look at him, he tries to think. Daww.
    I guess you must oft be surrounded by those who don't try. No wonder you are surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    That he knew it was a lie is provable though? He was told many times it was incorrect, and he kept saying it...
    And he thought many items that it was correct which is why he kept saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Lmao that's such a weak crowdsourced reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    It feels like he has now fully jumped the shark.
    Crowdsourced [still no proof that it is though eh?], jump the shark. What useful phrases for those not committed to a proper answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Alternatively he's said 'In the event of no deal vs remain we will support remain. If there's an alternative we will look at that before deciding and it will be put to conference'.

Which the Guardian has helpfully turned into CORBYN IS A NEUTRAL WITH A HEART FULL OF NEUTRALITY.

As much as we might hate it, 52% of the country DID vote to leave. We can't have a second referendum without trying to understand why, and part of understanding why could possibly include extending and renegotiating, without the ridiculous idea that blockchain will solve everything or whatever the Tories came up with.

The British body politic has been trying to lance the boil of anti-EU sentiment since 1973, and it all it has ever achieved is to squeeze it with grubby fingers.
    Why do you think Corbyn proposed caretaker government and a GE instead of caretaker govenrment and a referendum?

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Correct. They're heads of government, chosen by the people. Why do you hate democracy?
    So you agree that the people did not choose the EC President? And so you trust that those heads of state will vote for your interest instead of theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Look at him, he tries to think. Daww.
    I guess you must oft be surrounded by those who don't try. No wonder you are surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    That he knew it was a lie is provable though? He was told many times it was incorrect, and he kept saying it...
    And he thought many items that it was correct which is why he kept saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Lmao that's such a weak crowdsourced reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    It feels like he has now fully jumped the shark.
    Crowdsourced [still no proof that it is though eh?], jump the shark. What useful phrases for those not committed to a proper answer.
    I think you should have crowdsourced your reply again. You're damned incoherent when you don't (and not much better when you do).

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    I think you should have crowdsourced your reply again. You're damned incoherent when you don't (and not much better when you do).
    How is Theresa May not activating Article 50 going for you?

The people didn't choose the head of the UK's government either. Nor the head of state. Nor the majority of our lawmakers.

Why do you think Corbyn proposed caretaker government and a GE instead of caretaker govenrment and a referendum?
    You do know that the phrase "caretaker government" implies a GE, right?

He doesn't want a GE instead of a referendum. He wants a GE and a referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Corbyn
    Labour believes the decision on how to resolve the Brexit crisis must go back to the people. And if there is a general election this autumn, Labour will commit to holding a public vote, to give voters the final say with credible options for both sides including the option to remain.

Three years of Tory failure on Brexit have caused opinions to harden to such a degree that I believe no outcome will now have legitimacy without the people’s endorsement.
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; August 20 2019 at 08:36:51 PM.

Labour believes the decision on how to resolve the Brexit crisis must go back to the people. And if there is a general election this autumn, Labour will commit to holding a public vote, to give voters the final say with credible options for both sides including the option to remain.

Three years of Tory failure on Brexit have caused opinions to harden to such a degree that I believe no outcome will now have legitimacy without the people’s endorsement.
    Why do you think he wants a GE first, and a second referendum second then?

Legitimacy?

Because the probability of getting a referendum bill through the current HoC is minimal (it would need to use government time), because it would be more legitimate if it's a manifesto commitment, and because he'd rather like to be PM.

Isn't it still the Labour position to renegotiate the Brexit agreement if they were to win an election? For that they would need to get elected first, then renegotiate, then referendumerise.

Brits still dreaming of the renegotiation.

Is this shit finally going to happen in October?

sure seems like

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Brits still dreaming of the renegotiation.
    No one is really, I think even Boris is only going through the motions. There isn't a better deal unless we also bring a compromise, Boris can't compromise without breaking a red line and he won't do that, the EU isn't going to throw Ireland under the bus for a member who is leaving.

How is Theresa May not activating Article 50 going for you?
    How's taking back control going for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

You may want to be careful accusing Alan Johnson of doing nothing, seeing as he accused Corbyn of vetoing a bunch of things he wanted to do.
    Only someone as fully signed up to the cult as Rodj is able to ignore that/how Jezza sabotaged the Labour remain campaign from one end to the other ...

Inb4 him accusing you of being a dirty Blairite too ...
    You definitely like that word.
    Maybe because outside of your cult, it's not seen as such a bad word?
    So when you say I'm a Corbyn cultist, you're actually being nice? Thanks!

Anyway, you're more of a Blairite than I have ever been
    For that to be true (and given that you're to the right of Corbyn), you'd need to have similar political views to Atilla the Hun.

Weak pound draws US and Asian investors into UK tech
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49413186