hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 208 of 515 FirstFirst ... 108158198205206207208209210211218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 10300

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Its a true replay... vote on extension, dont say what extension means. EU says no extension unless you have a plan. UK cant agree on a plan, blames EU.

UK: I voted to be rich and handsome, why is nothing happening?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Soo .. now that they voted for a delay … How does that actually work? Will May just make up a timeframe they want for the delay, or does the parliament actually have to vote again on the duration of the delay?

Obviously after that, the EU itself has to agree to it.
    The bill just tells May to seek an extension. And it lays out her thoughts on the length.

Dear lord, only 112 Tory MPs voted for the government's motion, 188 of them didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Soo .. now that they voted for a delay … How does that actually work? Will May just make up a timeframe they want for the delay, or does the parliament actually have to vote again on the duration of the delay?

The bill just tells May to seek an extension. And it lays out her thoughts on the length.
    To be fair, she now has to come back to the House to explain how she'll go about getting an extension. I have a brown feeling that this is when she'll put her deal back on the table for a third try. And fail again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

*The Conservatives, not brexit voters
    People voted for a Conservative majority Government BECAUSE they promised a referendum. Which means they also voted for the Conservatives to enact it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

*The Conservatives, not brexit voters
    People voted for a Conservative majority Government BECAUSE they promised a referendum. Which means they also voted for the Conservatives to enact it.
    Who are you to tell the people why they voted for something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

To be fair, she now has to come back to the House to explain how she'll go about getting an extension. I have a brown feeling that this is when she'll put her deal back on the table for a third try. And fail again ...
    I think it will narrowly pass. It's the last chance of any genuine Brexit.
    If I could find some sane leavers I'd love to ask them if they would really prefer May's deal over current EU membership (with perks preserved.) It just seems strictly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

UK: I voted to be rich and handsome, why is nothing happening?
    More like 'I voted against being poor or ugly'
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Aren't they the same things?

There are two thoughts on what is the acceptable extension.

1) Brexit has to end before the election starts. (23rd May)
    Although various proposals are already discussed what would happen in the Brexit deadline is extended later than the EU elections, it is common sense it is easy to defeat them in the EU court. One thing for sure, nobody wants to listed to the Farage bullshit anymore. (Actually, he is the one expected to attack it on court for the sweet euro money.)

2) Brexit extension should be until June, after the elections.
    UK crashing out gives a story to the euro skeptics: as the EU is the bad guy, the unreasonable bureaucrats hurting us and our UK business partners. (Holland & Belgium as far as I know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Who are you to tell the people why they voted for something?
    So why did they win? It wasn't 350 million that time.

so, i am confused here.

you voted down May's deal again.
    you voted down a referendum on the whole thing.
    you voted for a extension of negotiations.

and you're going to vote on a de-facto motion of no confidence next week, possibly triggering a general election, am i getting this right ?

because i struggle to see why the EU is going to nod and just accept it without either another public vote or another general election.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

To be honest there has already been an effective motion of no confidence - several, in fact.

As for the second ref. motion, it wasn’t really the actual motion, as Barth says.

so, are you going to figure out what the everloving fuck you want to do already ?

because, well the popcorn has been good so far, but i don't wanna refill until we have a date for the main event and the bowl is empty save for those that didn't quite pop right.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

At least we take our time with deciding on things that will effect the entirety of europe. Unlike those German chaps eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    No.

ok pal

Glorious scenes of voting for extension and still rejecting the people's vote and letting the parliament have a go finding out what they might be willing to pass. Good luck presenting that as a plan for your extension application and having it pass in France and Italy.

At this point, nobody is happy, nobody is getting what they want and we all just want to call the whole fucking thing off.

Seriously, your gloating and useless comments are just that.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Glorious scenes of voting for extension and still rejecting the people's vote and letting the parliament have a go finding out what they might be willing to pass. Good luck presenting that as a plan for your extension application and having it pass in France and Italy.
    Think Parliament having a go, got rejected by 2 votes. We are still relying on the creativity of May to find a solution.

So parliament will be having another vote on the same deal shortly.