hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 320 of 513 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 10244

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #6381

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,460
    Sir Graham Brady has resigned as 1922 chair to throw his hat into the ring.

  2. #6382
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,702
    Looks like Vince Cable is packing it in too.. just not for a while.

  3. #6383
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,835

  4. #6384
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

    Where N stands for Nurses, it's international as fuck.
    Well it doesn't stand for nurses. Im sure Atlee knew that when he founded it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

    It's certainly minute compared to the 350M/week Meester thinks the NHS will soon be getting.
    Its a folly to think that they will get the whole 250 million that we will get back from the EU but I do expect some of it will go to the NHS.

    Felt sorry for May at the end of her speech but really she was never that capable.
    Last edited by Meester; May 24 2019 at 07:09:50 PM.

  5. #6385
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,835
    Finally, some progress!

    Hopefully now a Brexiteer prime minister will come in, try to do things their way, fail, and trigger a general election.

    An election at this point should give a party a majority (or create a new coalition) that can either stop Brexit, or actually get it though parliament.

    It's the only way I can see this mess getting resolved.

  6. #6386
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

    An election at this point should give a party a majority (or create a new coalition) that can either stop Brexit, or actually get it though parliament.

    It's the only way I can see this mess getting resolved.
    According to The Times we can Leave on October 31st without a deal and there is nothing Parliament can do about it.

  7. #6387
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,156
    I'm not up to date on the general election and parliamentary voting results and procedures but this is my understanding of it:

    "Do you guys want to leave the EU?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but do you really want to leave?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but are you sure?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but are you surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre?"

  8. #6388
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,847
    I think its more like John Cleese proclaiming loudly and angrily that he's leaving, then getting up and proceeding to flail about for the rest of the skit, destroying everything on his way to the door, but never successfully leaving the room.
    meh

  9. #6389
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,156
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I think its more like John Cleese proclaiming loudly and angrily that he's leaving, then getting up and proceeding to flail about for the rest of the skit, destroying everything on his way to the door, but never successfully leaving the room.
    I got just the thing:


  10. #6390
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,420
    Dear England, fuck off. Thank you.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  11. #6391

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Dear England, fuck off. Thank you.
    Thanks in advance.

    - The Scots

  12. #6392
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I'm not up to date on the general election and parliamentary voting results and procedures but this is my understanding of it:

    "Do you guys want to leave the EU?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but do you really want to leave?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but are you sure?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but are you surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre?"
    It's actually kind of the opposite in parliament

    "OK We're leaving the EU right?"

    "YES FOR FUCKING SURE WE ARE DAMN RIGHT WILL Of the peo....."

    "OK So we agree that we need a deal with the EU to stop out economy going to shit right?"

    "OH MY GOD YES FOR GODDAMN SURE WE ARE WOW JESUS Fuc.....

    "OK so we spent almost two years negotiating and this is the best we came up with, both the EU and UK negotiators agree that this is the best deal under the circumstances"

    "IT'S FUCKING AWFUL JESUS CHRIST YOU ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY AND DEMOCRacy.......

    "Yeah but it's the best one we have so...."

    "WE DON'T WANT IT YOU FUCKING TERRORIST TRAItorr....."

    "OK but... are you SURE because if we don't then we might destroy the country or not have a brexit at all"

    "WWWWWAAAAAAAHHHH REMOANER IT'S A SHIT DEAL WE WANT NO DEAL INSTEAD"

    "Yeah but didn't we agree that no deal is catastrophic?"

    "AAAARRRGGGHHHH WE DON'T CARE ANYMORE FUCK EVERYTHING NO DEAL NO PROBlemmss....."

    "OK this isn't working, let's think of something else"

    ::::the present day::::


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  13. #6393
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    6,344
    We're all living in a big Monty Python sketch these past few years.

  14. #6394
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    We're all living in a big Monty Python sketch these past few years.
    No we aren't.
    Last edited by Shaikar; May 24 2019 at 10:38:12 PM.

  15. #6395

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    We're all living in a big Monty Python sketch these past few years.
    No we aren't.
    Yes we are.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  16. #6396
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    We're all living in a big Monty Python sketch these past few years.
    No we aren't.
    Yes we are.
    Something something parrot..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  17. #6397
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

    An election at this point should give a party a majority (or create a new coalition) that can either stop Brexit, or actually get it though parliament.

    It's the only way I can see this mess getting resolved.
    According to The Times we can Leave on October 31st without a deal and there is nothing Parliament can do about it.
    This is what's going to happen. Boris has already as much as said this is what he'll do.

  18. #6398

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I'm not up to date on the general election and parliamentary voting results and procedures but this is my understanding of it:

    "Do you guys want to leave the EU?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but do you really want to leave?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but are you sure?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay but are you surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre?"
    Yeah, so, it's literally nothing at all like that.

  19. #6399
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

    An election at this point should give a party a majority (or create a new coalition) that can either stop Brexit, or actually get it though parliament.

    It's the only way I can see this mess getting resolved.
    According to The Times we can Leave on October 31st without a deal and there is nothing Parliament can do about it.
    This is what's going to happen. Boris has already as much as said this is what he'll do.
    Then why not just have left already and why go through this bullshit of asking for extension after extension..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  20. #6400
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,178
    So Theresa May has resigned, effective June 7th.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •