hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 447 of 469 FirstFirst ... 347397437444445446447448449450457 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 9377

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    I donít give a shit what he does as long as he delivers that manifesto.
    Labour accepts the referendum result
    So you are hoping that this part of manifesto is delivered too?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9111756.html
    [Brexit secretary] Stephen Barclay said the UK should be given another year to find a new policy for the Northern Ireland border.

The intervention comes as Downing Street said it would not be bound by an “artificial deadline” in talks.

We're now so far beyond farce and I don't think there are words to describe where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I don’t give a shit what he does as long as he delivers that manifesto.
    Brexit will be a fudge come October (likely, this is generally how the EU operates) or it won’t happen at all. I imagine they’ll rejig the backstop and call it a day.

That hearing yesterday, though, was a masterclass. Any aspiring lawyers should glean as much as they can from Pannick and his submissions. When I used to do pro bono skeletons/submissions for FRU i dealt with a childlike amount of evidence and the advocacy was hardly contentious. His mastery of the facts and law, in the most uncharted constitutional territory for a very long time, was nothing short of sublime; the man’s an encyclopaedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9111756.html
    [Brexit secretary] Stephen Barclay said the UK should be given another year to find a new policy for the Northern Ireland border.

The intervention comes as Downing Street said it would not be bound by an “artificial deadline” in talks.

We're now so far beyond farce and I don't think there are words to describe where we are.
    Brexitland is quite good description.

I don’t give a shit what he does as long as he delivers that manifesto.
    Brexit will be a fudge come October (likely, this is generally how the EU operates) or it won’t happen at all. I imagine they’ll rejig the backstop and call it a day.

That hearing yesterday, though, was a masterclass. Any aspiring lawyers should glean as much as they can from Pannick and his submissions. When I used to do pro bono skeletons/submissions for FRU i dealt with a childlike amount of evidence and the advocacy was hardly contentious. His mastery of the facts and law, in the most uncharted constitutional territory for a very long time, was nothing short of sublime; the man’s an encyclopaedia.
    I found Micheal Fordham (for Wales) very impressive as well. Talk about a man being an encyclopedia on case law. Unfortunately he didn't get any interruptions at all, so wasn't given the opportunity to display it as much as Pannick. But that was most likely because the judges feared Fordham would know more about law than they did.

Maybe so, but it didn't help in the English High Court.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    High court would typically err on the side of constitutional caution and defer to Supreme Court on the inevitable appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    High court would typically err on the side of constitutional caution and defer to Supreme Court on the inevitable appeal
    It didn't in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    It didn't in Scotland.
    Aren't you the guy that thought the Queen was the decision maker and therefore the case was bollocks because the defendant wouldn't be amenable to judicial review?

It didn't in Scotland.
    Scotland has the fish woman hand-picking its judges so no wonder that country cannot get the law right.

It didn't in Scotland.
    Aren't you the guy that thought the Queen was the decision maker and therefore the case was bollocks because the defendant wouldn't be amenable to judicial review?
    I don't think so. But if I somehow was, I was wrong, and I'm not now ...

It didn't in Scotland.
    Scotland has the fish woman hand-picking its judges so no wonder that country cannot get the law right.
    Ehhh, wut? Fish woman? Who are you splerging about now?

It didn't in Scotland.
    Ehhh, wut? Fish woman? Who are you splerging about now?
    if you had more than three braincells to rub together you'd spot its Nicola Sturgeon.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Of course it's completely different than England where high court judges are picked by the Lord Chancellor.

Oh no wait it's exactly the same and Meester is regurgitating another Guido Fawkes level faux-gotcha point from whatever horrible corner of the internet serves up his opinions.
    Last edited by Zekk Pacus; September 21 2019 at 05:18:57 PM.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

It didn't in Scotland.
    I don't think so. But if I somehow was, I was wrong, and I'm not now ...

ugh huh, go have a read of R v Panel on Takeovers, ex p Datafin plc [1987] 2 WLR 699 before you opine on JR.

And labour might be having its own failcascade just about now

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I think there's decent grounds for a story that Momentum are actually a Tory fifth column.
    You'd be hard pressed to come up with a move more able to play into conservative "Labour SPLIT and PURITY PURGE" rhetoric and completely overshadowing the Labour conference, so they're certainly acting like it.

And yeah, Corbyn handled it about as well as could be expected. I fully expect he said rude things and facepalmed hard when he found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'd rather say any headline should be about the leader of Momentum and his clever idea for some ideological cleansing.

And the polls keep showing that the incompetent tories are up and indecisive labour is down. even a GE might not save brexitland from a brexit unless you can push for a second referendum before GE and then the divided british voters manage to vote for revocation.

Seems like brexitland is still pretty fucked.