hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 438 of 671 FirstFirst ... 338388428435436437438439440441448488538 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 13414

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Reminder that it was the tories who took us in to Europe in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

The Lib Dems have overtaken Labour on the YouGov tracker.

I look forward to the inevitable replies about how YouGov carry a strong anti-Labour bias so this is meaningless.

It isn't meaningless, Labour aren't a one issue party and at the moment politics is single issue.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It isn't meaningless, Labour aren't a one issue party and at the moment politics is single issue.
    If only there had been some way for Labour to get in front of that issue, you know, provide some kind of clear, honest, unequivocal political stance. A manifesto commitment, even.

I realise I'm wasting my time here.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    If only there had been some way for Labour to get in front of that issue, you know, provide some kind of clear, honest, unequivocal political stance. A manifesto commitment, even.

I realise I'm wasting my time here.
    You're right they should have. But they didn't for a whole host of reasons, some valid and some not.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I'm not sure where his personal positions differ much from the manifesto tbh. Abbott being incompetent is a right wing meme.
    On say, Brexit?

Can't be that often a QC gets told he's talking shite by two separate supreme court judges

Hypothetical: Government loses the case, parliament is recalled, Labour conference doesn't happen, Corbyn's decree remains party policy :thinking:

Doesn't count though since they DON'T WEAR WIGS. How this thing is meant to be pitched to Netflix with that sort of lack of commitment to adding some cultural flavour is completely beyond me.

Absolute legal scenes. That was some bitch slapping Lavery got. I understood the point he was making but he's just wasted his time in front of the court there.

Mr Lavery says it is "unthinkable" that Northern Ireland wouldn't be taken into consideration in this decision-making process.
    No it isn't. I think it regularly.

Shirely if he just repeats the prorogation, repeating the effect + intent of the first prorogation, it's just as unlawful

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Can't be that often a QC gets told he's talking shite by two separate supreme court judges
    Happens a lot more often than you'd think, they're lucky Sumption isn't there.

Fucking love watching a Pannick attack

This will all make a great paragraph in future sovereignty essays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    I hear a pail of laughter from across the Channel.

Can it be? Why, yes, it is:
    Can these shitlers not get on with selling us cheaply to the breakers yard without also humiliating us every single fucking day as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    I donít give a shit what he does as long as he delivers that manifesto.
    Labour accepts the referendum result
    So you are hoping that this part of manifesto is delivered too?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9111756.html
    [Brexit secretary] Stephen Barclay said the UK should be given another year to find a new policy for the Northern Ireland border.

The intervention comes as Downing Street said it would not be bound by an “artificial deadline” in talks.

We're now so far beyond farce and I don't think there are words to describe where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    I don’t give a shit what he does as long as he delivers that manifesto.
    Labour accepts the referendum result
    So you are hoping that this part of manifesto is delivered too?
    Brexit will be a fudge come October (likely, this is generally how the EU operates) or it won’t happen at all. I imagine they’ll rejig the backstop and call it a day.

That hearing yesterday, though, was a masterclass. Any aspiring lawyers should glean as much as they can from Pannick and his submissions. When I used to do pro bono skeletons/submissions for FRU i dealt with a childlike amount of evidence and the advocacy was hardly contentious. His mastery of the facts and law, in the most uncharted constitutional territory for a very long time, was nothing short of sublime; the man’s an encyclopaedia.