hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 436 of 679 FirstFirst ... 336386426433434435436437438439446486536 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 13564

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

The Great Leap comes to mind.

Its better to feign ignorance than remove any doubt of incompetence. Thats why im against direct democracy, lets me at least pretend to be ruled by competence.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Oh man thanks for pointing out this gem. For everyone too lazy to look it up themselves:

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Oh man thanks for pointing out this gem. For everyone too lazy to look it up themselves:

Hilarious and sad to see even politicians cant keep a straight face any more.

Brave Sir Boris ran away.

Bravely ran away away.

When danger reared it's ugly head,

He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes, brave Sir Boris turned about

And gallantly he chickened out.

Swiftly taking to his feet,

He beat a very brave retreat.

Bravest of the brave, Sir Boris!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    When was the last time a country was so thoroughly let down by their ruling class
    Maybe the Argentine junta in 1983 if we're looking for that mixture of callous indifference to well-being of their countrymen, massive incompetence and phenomenally self-assured misjudgement of the true situation of their nation in the world?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    When was the last time a country was so thoroughly let down by their ruling class
    Maybe the Argentine junta in 1983 if we're looking for that mixture of callous indifference to well-being of their countrymen, massive incompetence and phenomenally self-assured misjudgement of the true situation of their nation in the world?
    At least in Argentina the men looked pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Neo-Liberals would accept Hitler.
    The irony of you saying this is killing me. Perfection.
    Im glad you do not dispute it. An agreement then.

All people of the Earth should be welcome in this country including the white folk from continental Europe who have spread whiteness all over the globe. Just not in numbers beyond carrying capacity and as part of a plot by evil Neo-liberals to gain political dominance.

Venezuela in recent history. Hong Kong. I think the lesson here is that communists cannot be trusted.
    Last edited by Meester; September 17 2019 at 02:43:32 AM.

Truly i am amazed how you survive dally life.

Zimbabwe?

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Venezuela in recent history. Hong Kong. I think the lesson here is that communists cannot be trusted.
    BJ / Tories are Communists now ?
    Scenes.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Does that mean only lord emperor Farage can lead the cultists into the pure light of Brexit nirvana now Meester?

I see Liz Truss has admitted to "accidentally" approving some illegal arms export licences to Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I see Liz Truss has admitted to "accidentally" approving some illegal arms export licences to Saudi Arabia.
    Oh come on, who reads those?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Zimbabwe?
    *Rhodesia

UK can't even shoot themselves in the foot properly.

If it wasn't Corbyn doing it most would be delighted that Student Labour is being disaffiliated. It was a pretty dead organisation, last election they held had 500 votes out of a membership of 35k and I'm pretty sure they aren't even bothering holding their conferences any more.

Better to roll it into Young Labour without it being specifically for university goers.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Wasn't even 500 votes. Like the whole NUS it was about time it was put out to pasture, it's just a pity it was done in such a grubby, student politicky way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    And Corbyn prefers to be 'neutral' on Brexit, and let the people decide.

I almost laughed at the latter, but then I remembered how utterly stupid this is,
    I don't think this is as stupid as it might seem on first glance. Corbyn is known as a euro-skeptic ( or even anti-EU, not sure ).
    Voters might think he is likely to force "leave" in some way, they might vote LibDem even if they are historically a Labour voter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

And Corbyn prefers to be 'neutral' on Brexit, and let the people decide.

I almost laughed at the latter, but then I remembered how utterly stupid this is, and that he's supposed to be the leader of a party who's membership is 90% remain (even without the student wing).
    What would happen if he did campaign though? Let's look at the possbilities:

Supports Leave: you'll say he has to resign because he's at odds with the members
    Supports Remain and loses: you'll say he has to resign because he doesn't have the support of the country
    Supports Remain and wins: you'll say he didn't campaign hard enough and it was all down to Tom Watson or someone who should become the new leader
    Supports Remain and wins after doing three rallies every day, being the first item on the news every evening, appearing in every constituency at least once, and trending on Twitter every day of the campaign: you'll still say he didn't campaign hard enough and it was all down to Tom Watson or someone who should become the new leader, and anyone who disagrees with you is an addle-brained cultist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader...neral_election (green - approve, red - disapprove):