hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 986 of 993 FirstFirst ... 486886936976983984985986987988989 ... LastLast
Results 19,701 to 19,720 of 19854

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

I don't think Priti Patel is either particularly smart or stupid. She plays well to the Tory right wing (it seems powered both by calculus and conviction), enjoys tantrums and bullying her underlings and obviously is not hampered by tedious things such as a moral compass or regard for the rule of law.

I'd describe her as "the cabinet member most likely to hunt people for sport".

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I genuinely think people were just rallying round the flag during the covid crisis. The general public are stupid but not stupid enough to miss quite how bad the tories are.

My boomer parents are always sympathetic of whoever is in power, especially if they have a blue rosette. But their opinions are definitely shifting against the tories.
    This is literally the diametric opposite of your opinion just 6 months ago :P

I'm happy to adapt my opinion based on new evidence. Not sure why that is surprising.

The job of the media now is to brand this as Boris being a failure and not the tories. Which might stick. People love a scapegoat instead of structural analysis.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I don't think Priti Patel is either particularly smart or stupid. She plays well to the Tory right wing (it seems powered both by calculus and conviction), enjoys tantrums and bullying her underlings and obviously is not hampered by tedious things such as a moral compass or regard for the rule of law.

Jacob Rees Mogg says hi

I'm happy to adapt my opinion based on new evidence. Not sure why that is surprising.

The job of the media now is to brand this as Boris being a failure and not the tories. Which might stick. People love a scapegoat instead of structural analysis.
    As long as you acknowledge it, fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

Jacob Rees Mogg says hi
    Rees-Mogg is more of an upstairs downstairs kind of guy. Patel wants to be the ruler in Hunger Games.

Jacob Rees Mogg says hi
    Rees-Mogg is more of an upstairs downstairs kind of guy. Patel wants to be the ruler in Hunger Games.
    Honestly surprised Patel hasn't pushed for hunger games to replace the asylum process.

What makes you think she hasn't? It's not like she's competent enough for anything she wants to become a reality.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

Jacob Rees Mogg says hi
    Honestly surprised Patel hasn't pushed for hunger games to replace the asylum process.
    The only reason Rees Mogg would have for not hunting poors on horseback is not wanting to get their blood and filth on his riding boots

Since it anyway looks like we're approaching the point where hunting people for sport will be back on here in England, I suggest we simply lean back and wait to see which of our champions will rise to the challenge (and who will do it first in case we need a tie breaker).

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

Jacob Rees Mogg says hi
    The only reason Rees Mogg would have for not hunting poors on horseback is not wanting to get their blood and filth on his riding boots
    Seems the Welsh law has finally had to do something about the toffey nosed cunts and their continuing illegal fox hunting practices under the auspices of tail hunting (allbeit only approx 6% of the country is off limits and no word as yet about penalties for infringment). Nothing done in England, despite a whole lot of video and audio evidence. Guess trail hunting, with the dogs allowed to bring down what they catch up to, could be slightly different in the future.

The police are fucking active in the coutryside if pikeys hare course or poachers are about, but do utterly fuck all when hunt leaders and attendees openly plan to 'just so happen' to be trail hunting exactly in woods and fields where foxes are known to inhabit (i.e 'get george (the runner) to go down to so-and-so wood. We'll be sure to find chalie there).

TBH its another rule for the but not for me.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Talking to my countryside dwelling mates (good lefties all), it's amazing how fox hunting has continued basically entirely unabated by it being illegal and a quite serious crime.

One of my friends bought some land last year which included a number of fox dens and then built a massive fence around the outside when the local hunt told him they had a habitual right to access, telling them to lawyer up or fuck off (of which they chose the latter)

It's not that amazing. The rural rich essentially live in a parallel society if they choose to.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    as far as i understand - and i'm not saying this is true, i am no lawyer - the fox hunting act may as well as been designed to be as unenforceable as is possible.

Black Friday seems to last forever & surely by pure coincidence the BBC are running daily "shortrage of X expected for christmas" articles.

Predicting shortages on mainstream media, a prediction that is always right!

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    as far as i understand - and i'm not saying this is true, i am no lawyer - the fox hunting act may as well as been designed to be as unenforceable as is possible.
    Given Tory cuts to policing and courts there aren't many laws which are particularly enforceable

It would appear that Starmer is preparing a reshuffle which will see Yvette Cooper and Wes Streeting on the front bench
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; November 29 2021 at 01:25:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Given Tory cuts to policing and courts there aren't many laws which are particularly enforceable if you are poor.
    FYP
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Are they considered particularly acceptable for tv news? I can't see why a reshuffle would be conducted for any other purpose. Labour need to have faces on mainstream news channels with politically acceptable views so the likes of Dories, Patel and Raab can be the contrast in the public psyche.