hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 550 of 550 FirstFirst ... 50450500540547548549550
Results 10,981 to 10,990 of 10990

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    The funny thing about this election:
    This might be the end of the United Kingdom after all.

Irland united within 5-10 years?
    Scotland independent within 5-10 years?

Lets check the British pound at the end of next year when Johnson delivered Brexit but no trade deal with the EU. No one believes a trade deal with the EU can be negotiated at the end of 2020 except Johnson.

British people are truly fucked.
    Nah, just England and Wales

Always look on the bright side of life.

Faster unification for Ireland, independence for Scotland, cheaper holiday in Scotland next year!
    Great scenes when BoJo negotiates FTA with Baby in Chief (BoJo just publicly laughed at him).
    BoJo pretends to negotiate FTA with the EU. UK goes with a no deal end of 2020 with some bilateral agreements made.

Great thanks for the money you leave behind (above and beyond the divorce bill), I would have been better to keep the UK in.

End of 2020 nobody will be able to blame the EU for no deal.
    On a second thought... English voters will.

Regarding Corbyn: my friends & their family are exactly the category he lost.
    In short: BoJo is a lying clown, but hate Corbyn for fucking up everything and not standing for anything.
    As they said: you have to stand for something and be able to convince the people that your are right.

The BBC spent the night tripping over themselves and gushing about how this means a really soft Brexit after all. I dunno why they're all so convinced of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    The funny thing about this election:
    This might be the end of the United Kingdom after all.

Irland united within 5-10 years?
    Scotland independent within 5-10 years?

Lets check the British pound at the end of next year when Johnson delivered Brexit but no trade deal with the EU. No one believes a trade deal with the EU can be negotiated at the end of 2020 except Johnson.

British people are truly fucked.
    Nah, just England and Wales
    Sounds about right.

Anyone have a full list/link which companies are already leaving or planing to leave the UK to EU. I found this:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8792296.html
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/23/compa...exit-10795029/
    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...anies-tracker/

I bet this list will get longer and longer. All i can say is thank you Tories.

This should be interesting. A good opportunity to check the strength of working class voter confirmation bias over time.

Any ideas what sort of weird laws the Tory populist edition will pass to further cement their eternal rule?

Probably some weird technical stuff to cement a level of executive power PMs don't usually have. Some petty vindictive stuff like fucking over channel 4. I'd imagine making a shit load of money for our arms industry by supplying whatever middle eastern proxy wars spring up. Creating a permanent landlord class to hoover up even more rents from actually productive people.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Out of morbid curiosity, what are your thoughts on Scottish independence?
    Im not opposed to people voting for independence, the Scottish Nazi Party got their referendum and the people of Scotland voted accordingly. In another generation they can get a vote again if they so wish. Just not in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    U got me well done.
    Reds don't like it up em.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Faster unification for Ireland, independence for Scotland, cheaper holiday in Scotland next year!
    Enjoy your fantasies while I enjoy my realities.

At least the pound rose quite sharply compared to euro after the election, so everything must be great again!

Does this result reduce the political capital of the remainer shadow front bench?

BBC results details page
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2019/results

Vote share change relative to 2017 is interesting