hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 670 of 708 FirstFirst ... 170570620660667668669670671672673680 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,400 of 14147

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #13381

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you land on your feet.

  2. #13382
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,868
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Government sticking to its guns on the "exceptional circumstances" bullshit.
    I still dont get this line of argument. If having a kid is 'exceptional circumstances' allowing you to break quarantine and go visit relatives then half the country can apply

  3. #13383
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,860
    I think they're not trying to argue, they're just emitting some vaguely justificationy-sounding words and think that that plus time equals everyone will have forgotten about this in a week or so.

  4. #13384

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    5,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    can you at least finish on a high with a top loaded shit i nthe office?


    sorry m8, that sucks
    We're all currently working from home.

    No way I'm leaving a turd on my the floor of my own bathroom.

  5. #13385
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,833
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I think they're not trying to argue, they're just emitting some vaguely justificationy-sounding words and think that that plus time equals everyone will have forgotten about this in a week or so.
    The issue there is going to be the Scottish MSPs.

    They all have tiny majorities and there's an election in 11 months.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  6. #13386

    Join Date
    May 11, 2011
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear this, hope you can find something else soon.

  7. #13387
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Eh that sucks, sorry to hear it

    How good do you think you'll be at filling in customers paperwork?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  8. #13388
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Shit news Rodj, sorry to hear it.

    Look after yourself!
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  9. #13389
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear that man.

    On the bright side, at least you're in the UK where you have some kind of benefits and free healthcare, and not here with the 40 million+ others now unemployed (and might be 50+ million in a few weeks).

    Best of luck. Hopefully you can find something else quickly.


  10. #13390
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear that man.

    On the bright side, at least you're in the UK ....
    That is just cruel, man



    *roleplay

  11. #13391
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Government sticking to its guns on the "exceptional circumstances" bullshit.
    I still dont get this line of argument. If having a kid is 'exceptional circumstances' allowing you to break quarantine and go visit relatives then half the country can apply
    I think the mental gymnastics was...

    'Me and my wife may get rather ill, by virtue of my upper middle class background I can go and stay at a seperate property on my parents' farm. If we both get rather ill our teenage neices can look after the child.'

    It would have been more acceptable if he'd put his neices on standby to come to London and pick up the boy, there'd be little chance of both of them becoming so ill over the course of the 3 hour drive time that the 4(?) year old child would come to harm. Crisis averted.
    Last edited by Totally Not Larkonnis; May 26 2020 at 06:03:39 PM.


  12. #13392
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear that man.

    On the bright side, at least you're in the UK ....
    That is just cruel, man
    Legit question, is Rodj not a UK'er? If so, fuck, I'm doubly sorry then, I coulda swore he was a Brit.

    In any event, I hope he's ok and gets back on his feet fast is all. I fondly remember Rodj in EVE when I first started, way WAY back when.


  13. #13393
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear that man.

    On the bright side, at least you're in the UK ....
    That is just cruel, man
    Legit question, is Rodj not a UK'er? If so, fuck, I'm doubly sorry then, I coulda swore he was a Brit.

    In any event, I hope he's ok and gets back on his feet fast is all. I fondly remember Rodj in EVE when I first started, way WAY back when.
    No, youre right he is a brit.



    *roleplay

  14. #13394
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I wonder who the resignation tomorrow morning will be
    I'm going to be made formally redundant tomorrow - does that count?
    Sorry to hear that man.

    On the bright side, at least you're in the UK ....
    That is just cruel, man
    Legit question, is Rodj not a UK'er? If so, fuck, I'm doubly sorry then, I coulda swore he was a Brit.

    In any event, I hope he's ok and gets back on his feet fast is all. I fondly remember Rodj in EVE when I first started, way WAY back when.
    No, youre right he is a brit.
    Ok, then sorry your comment sailed over my head. I legit figured he'd be materially better off there than here.


  15. #13395
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,293
    bit of self-deprecating humour, The UK is a depressing shithole m8



    *roleplay

  16. #13396
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Even The Daily Mail has called for him to go.
    Daily Mail is shit, you should know better. But I guess if you read The Mirror then sensationalism is par the course.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    PARKLIFE
    'Don't look back in anger'

    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

    What's wrong with someone having dodgy eyesight and testing it by loading his young child and wife into a car, driving 30 miles to nowhere in particular
    While this is something that even I can agree with in being rather idiotic, this is the kind of thing people actually do so its not that surprising. Its like climbing a mountain because its there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    an elected Minister resigning because an unelected advisor wont. My word, jeff this is gonna continue to be spicy
    Its just as bad as that junior doctor who says he will resign because Cummings won't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    bit of self-deprecating humour, The UK is a depressing shithole m8
    Depressing for you and a shithole for you, so when are you leaving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    He didn't do it because he needed childcare.
    Who was going to look after his 4 year old then?

  17. #13397
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,015
    Sir Edmund Hillary, folks!

  18. #13398
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Even The Daily Mail has called for him to go.
    Daily Mail is shit, you should know better. But I guess if you read The Mirror then sensationalism is par the course.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    PARKLIFE
    'Don't look back in anger'

    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

    What's wrong with someone having dodgy eyesight and testing it by loading his young child and wife into a car, driving 30 miles to nowhere in particular
    While this is something that even I can agree with in being rather idiotic, this is the kind of thing people actually do so its not that surprising. Its like climbing a mountain because its there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    an elected Minister resigning because an unelected advisor wont. My word, jeff this is gonna continue to be spicy
    Its just as bad as that junior doctor who says he will resign because Cummings won't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    bit of self-deprecating humour, The UK is a depressing shithole m8
    Depressing for you and a shithole for you, so when are you leaving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    He didn't do it because he needed childcare.
    Who was going to look after his 4 year old then?
    PARKLIFE
    A
    R
    K
    L
    I
    F
    E

  19. #13399
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    bit of self-deprecating humour, The UK is a depressing shithole m8
    Depressing for you and a shithole for you, so when are you leaving?
    As soon as my eyesight is shit enough to drive



    *roleplay

  20. #13400
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    As soon as my eyesight is shit enough to drive
    If you can get to Durham to London by train then you don't need to drive, then you can get a train from London to France.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

    PARKLIFE
    A
    R
    K
    L
    I
    F
    E
    Slide away
    l
    i
    d
    e

    a
    w
    a
    y

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •