hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Wuhan quarantine thread (discussion/complaints about moderation)

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Bot*

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Nah

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Just a note,

Djan has been banned at self request for 6 months to give him a hand with his mental health.

If you're in the UK and you think you need some help, here's some websites that have helped me in the past;

https://www.mind.org.uk/
    https://www.thecalmzone.net/
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress...lth-helplines/

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Just a note,

Djan has been banned at self request for 6 months to give him a hand with his mental health.

If you're in the UK and you think you need some help, here's some websites that have helped me in the past;

https://www.mind.org.uk/
    https://www.thecalmzone.net/
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress...lth-helplines/

Dunno where else to ask for this:

I need a discord server invite. Helgur sent me one quite some time ago, was lazy ass and it expired.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Dunno where else to ask for this:

I need a discord server invite. Helgur sent me one quite some time ago, was lazy ass and it expired.
    sent u 1

I am torn, on one hand it is big lulz when a reported post leads to an infraction, and the moderator quotes the poster that reported the post. On the other hand, it seems inappropriate and likely to build resentment in the "community."

But still, it is funny.

Maybe I am taking FHC to seriously, but I don't think I'd be comfortable reporting anything, if the report is likely to be made public.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    I am torn, on one hand it is big lulz when a reported post leads to an infraction, and the moderator quotes the poster that reported the post. On the other hand, it seems inappropriate and likely to build resentment in the "community."

But still, it is funny.

Maybe I am taking FHC to seriously, but I don't think I'd be comfortable reporting anything, if the report is likely to be made public.
    Ditto. What was the point of posting the message about the report? It just seems to promote bullying and hold silly male cohesion where deviation from any norms is shunned. I read whispous' post as "boo hoo, grow a pair you sissy for reporting someone calling another a faggot". What was the point of posting that, except to ridicule and demean Alistair?

'Faggot' is intended to be doubly insulting: to deny one's sexual orientation and to make a statement that the person called a 'faggot' is implied to be feminine or not a proper male. Sure, that might not have been what poster consciously thought, but that's the societal norm and how the word works, like it or not. I think the infraction was warranted.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Ditto. What was the point of posting the message about the report? It just seems to promote bullying and hold silly male cohesion where deviation from any norms is shunned. I read whispous' post as "boo hoo, grow a pair you sissy for reporting someone calling another a faggot". What was the point of posting that, except to ridicule and demean Alistair?
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Wow really imagine using bad language on the internet out of all places, what is this world coming to?

edit: wait hold up, Stoffl got an infraction for that? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Helgur is a british policeman
    Nah. Think of me rather like your friendly neighbourhood American sheriff that will magdump infractions

Especially onto people who has been reported, where instead of actually doing moderation you just repost the report on failheap

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Wow really imagine using bad language on the internet out of all places, what is this world coming to?

edit: wait hold up, Stoffl got an infraction for that? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Helgur is a british policeman
    Nah. Think of me rather like your friendly neighbourhood American sheriff that will magdump infractions

Especially onto people who has been reported, where instead of actually doing moderation you just repost the report on failheap
    Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Fag(fag)noun 1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person mostly commonly associated with Harley riders. 2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

But still, it is funny.

'Faggot' is intended to be doubly insulting: to deny one's sexual orientation and to make a statement that the person called a 'faggot' is implied to be feminine or not a proper male. Sure, that might not have been what poster consciously thought, but that's the societal norm and how the word works, like it or not. I think the infraction was warranted.
    whispous did precisely the same dumb shit back in early November when i reported Lark for pushing antisemitism.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

You whiny little bitches report each other constantly all day every day, I could dump hundreds of your petty little bitch reports

How do you manage conflict normally?

Butthole

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    You whiny little bitches report each other constantly all day every day, I could dump hundreds of your petty little bitch reports

Butthole
    yelling angrily at each other on discord.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Butthole
    There are better ways to deal with superfluous reports than dump them on the forum for all to see, creating a shit load more antagonism.

Whispous constantly does this when he doesn't like reports, instead of just messaging the person who sent the report and saying 'it's fine by the rules, leave it alone'.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

Butthole
    There are better ways to deal with superfluous reports than dump them on the forum for all to see, creating a shit load more antagonism.

Whispous constantly does this when he doesn't like reports, instead of just messaging the person who sent the report and saying 'it's fine by the rules, leave it alone'.
    Get a load of this guy

Butthole

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Reddit is over thataway if you guys want an echo chamber or only want to fill this space with one single type of opinion.

Granted, some people here are a bunch of racists and homophobes, but if you can learn to skip over internet forum posts where someone is being a little bitch rather than reporting it as if Hitler himself had risen from the grave to posess someone in posession of a keyboard, you will prove yourself to also not be a little bitch.

That said, when lark says that the Jews need to be re-holocausted or something in a similar vein, do push the button.

That said, when lark says that the Jews need to be re-holocausted or something in a similar vein
    [Citation needed]

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

That said, when lark says that the Jews need to be re-holocausted or something in a similar vein
    [Citation needed]
    Any more brackets and you're getting infracted

[Citation needed]
    Any more brackets and you're getting infracted
    inb4

>brackets

[Citation needed]
    Any more brackets and you're getting (((infracted)))
    You're infringing on my semi solid nectarines.