hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Horse 2

Really enjoying it so far; about to end Chapter 2 right about now, but been mostly goofing about robbing stuff and hunting. Protip (or don't be a nubbin like me for a long time-tip): Scout your targets with the binoculars to see if their pelts will be worth anything. Regardless of using the right gun for a poor animal, you won't get that perfect pelt anyways. Scouting them reveals their quality.

A thing I dislike is travel time though; "fast" travel isn't really fast (cinematic loading screens) and it's very limited; you can only fast travel from your tent in camp and to major settlements. TBH I use trains more often than fast travel. At least the long riding from point A to point B lets you level the bond with your horse though..

Banned
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

rip

So, anyone playing the online version so far?
    And if so, can someone explain to me what the hell is really the fun with playing RDR2 online, cause ive yet to find anything fun there that i cant do in storymode.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    And if so, can someone explain to me what the hell is really the fun with playing RDR2 online, cause ive yet to find anything fun there that i cant do in storymode.
    i guess playing in posses, i've watched hat films play MP and seems fun enough that i'll pick it up when/if it gets to PC

Friends, horses, and picking each other off the horse, hogtieing them, and then riding off a cliff with them on the back of your horse.

That seems to be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Friends, horses, and picking each other off the horse, hogtieing them, and then riding off a cliff with them on the back of your horse.

That seems to be about it.
    I can't remember if it was here but I've been saying for awhile that RD2 online was a dumb fucking idea, GTA's world is too perfect a vehicle for the GTA online model, that lightning isn't ever going to strike again unless you have the right world to work with. Ironically I think the only other game on the horizon it'd work for is Cyberpunk but I don't know if CDPR has the multiplayer/netcode chops to pull it off.

let's hope they don't

i mean yeah sure, go for it, but as long as it doesn't divert resources from SP

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    let's hope they don't

IMO GTA5 is one of the few single player RPG's that you can put up next to something like Witcher III as it is. I'd be super happy with a GTA Online style multiplayer mode for 2077 because it's replayability would be nuts, especially if you could do stuff like full cyborg bodies that you could swap out.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    let's hope they don't

IMO GTA5 is one of the few single player RPG's that you can put up next to something like Witcher III as it is. I'd be super happy with a GTA Online style multiplayer mode for 2077 because it's replayability would be nuts, especially if you could do stuff like full cyborg bodies that you could swap out.
    After you paid out the ass to skip the grind of course.

Did they somehow manage to add microtransactions to this?

Apparently there's a new trend amongst publishers, they release the game without microtransactions then a few weeks/months after the launch they add in ridiculous stuff (there's a red dot in COD BO 4 that sells for like 3 bucks or smth). A red fucking dot.

Yeah the game may be good/ok/whatevs, but this is so retarded. I hope people just don't buy their stuff so in a couple years these fail. Who am I kidding, everybody will buy different cowboy/mexican hats eh?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Apparently there's a new trend amongst publishers, they release the game without microtransactions then a few weeks/months after the launch they add in ridiculous stuff (there's a red dot in COD BO 4 that sells for like 3 bucks or smth). A red fucking dot.

Yeah the game may be good/ok/whatevs, but this is so retarded. I hope people just don't buy their stuff so in a couple years these fail. Who am I kidding, everybody will buy different cowboy/mexican hats eh?
    It's a rockstar game of course they did

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

CEO notoriously going on about how they can't "keep giving stuff away for free" and how there is a lot more money to be mooched off the poor fuckwits a few years ago.

Rockstar are scum, I'm glad i have zero interest in their games or I'd be more annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

CEO notoriously going on about how they can't "keep giving stuff away for free" and how there is a lot more money to be mooched off the poor fuckwits a few years ago.

Rockstar are scum, I'm glad i have zero interest in their games or I'd be more annoyed.
    I wish Rockstar would just diaf, the way they treat their own employees is fucking horrible. Everybody complains, nobody just fucking quits, I wonder how they'd manage to put games out if nobody actually applied or worked for them.

The same thing happened with EA a few years back, idk if they're doing the same, but basically the punchline was "you can quit, we have droves of people waiting at the gate to work for us". It may seem like a neverending circle, but seriously fuck them, I'm sure there are a lot of jobs in IT that don't involve selling your soul for monies or working 7 days a week.

I wish Rockstar would just diaf, the way they treat their own employees is fucking horrible. Everybody complains, nobody just fucking quits, I wonder how they'd manage to put games out if nobody actually applied or worked for them.

The same thing happened with EA a few years back, idk if they're doing the same, but basically the punchline was "you can quit, we have droves of people waiting at the gate to work for us". It may seem like a neverending circle, but seriously fuck them, I'm sure there are a lot of jobs in IT that don't involve selling your soul for monies or working 7 days a week.
    Ea changed a shitton after what happened and by most accounts are amazing to work for rn. Same for Ubisoft. Dislike their business practices all you want but iirc they're really good to their people.

Ea changed a shitton after what happened and by most accounts are amazing to work for rn. Same for Ubisoft. Dislike their business practices all you want but iirc they're really good to their people.
    This actually makes me happy. It means things can change for the better

Rockstar has a big studio in Edinburgh next door to the parliament. In the UK we have the 48 hr working week, you are legally meant to opt out of that to work more but no one ever does. The jobs are in high demand and the demand for work in general is super high here, not really sure anyone would be complaining too hard about having those jobs regardless of unsociable hours especially due to the current shit going on here. They have a huge source of fresh meat coming from the Uni's in Dundee where if you don't want to work in some god-awful mobile studio you move out, Rockstar will be absolutely snowed under with people wanting work for them not to even mention the draw of working in Edinburgh for applications from other places. Put it this way on the scale of shitty jobs having to work 6-7 days for a period doing something you actually trained for would be considered reasonably lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    the draw of working in Edinburgh.
    Man, things must be worse in the UK than I would have ever dared to imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    As opposed to Dundee? Edinburgh is a pretty interesting place, arguably the nicest city in the UK.

Main point being people do 70-80 hr weeks in other jobs week upon week and don't really complain as much, its normal. Emphasis would be put on the part where people are extremely fucking lucky to be doing something they trained for and enjoy to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    As opposed to Dundee? Edinburgh is a pretty interesting place, arguably the nicest city in the UK.

Main point being people do 70-80 hr weeks in other jobs week upon week and don't really complain as much, its normal. Emphasis would be put on the part where people are extremely fucking lucky to be doing something they trained for and enjoy to some extent.
    I've worked 70-80 hours week upon week and let me tell you, it's shit. It may not be shit when you're doing, but it will eventually catch up with you and it will fuck you up massively. Granted, when you're 20 something and you're made of magic and bubble gumę things aren't so bad, but if you get used to it and you consider it normal, I have news for you.

It is not normal and it should not be normal, nor should anybody get used to it. Dropping standards is bad for everybody around, including the ones coming in after you - your predecessor used to work 80h/week, take it or leave it - this is not desirable in any country, much less in the UK, which is by most standards quite civilised.

Don't get me wrong, I understand and see your point, but it was the same with EA - horrible crunch times (when those weren't even needed and despite research pointing out that extended crunch times eat into the actual productivity) and displeased relatives, friends and family, anxiety and depression (who cares how much you're making when you can't get the time to spend it) and so on. I'm not even going to go into physical illness that stems from those kinds of hours worked. And I'm unsure how it will look on your CV to have 6 months - 1 year worked under those conditions and leaving before the project was finished due to crippling suicide ideation. Bear in mind the development time for RDR2 was 8 (eight) years. Can you even imagine working even half of that time in constant crunch?