hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Horse 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    the draw of working in Edinburgh.
    Man, things must be worse in the UK than I would have ever dared to imagine.
    As opposed to Dundee? Edinburgh is a pretty interesting place, arguably the nicest city in the UK.

Main point being people do 70-80 hr weeks in other jobs week upon week and don't really complain as much, its normal. Emphasis would be put on the part where people are extremely fucking lucky to be doing something they trained for and enjoy to some extent.
    I've worked 70-80 hours week upon week and let me tell you, it's shit. It may not be shit when you're doing, but it will eventually catch up with you and it will fuck you up massively. Granted, when you're 20 something and you're made of magic and bubble gum© things aren't so bad, but if you get used to it and you consider it normal, I have news for you.

It is not normal and it should not be normal, nor should anybody get used to it. Dropping standards is bad for everybody around, including the ones coming in after you - your predecessor used to work 80h/week, take it or leave it - this is not desirable in any country, much less in the UK, which is by most standards quite civilised.

Don't get me wrong, I understand and see your point, but it was the same with EA - horrible crunch times (when those weren't even needed and despite research pointing out that extended crunch times eat into the actual productivity) and displeased relatives, friends and family, anxiety and depression (who cares how much you're making when you can't get the time to spend it) and so on. I'm not even going to go into physical illness that stems from those kinds of hours worked. And I'm unsure how it will look on your CV to have 6 months - 1 year worked under those conditions and leaving before the project was finished due to crippling suicide ideation. Bear in mind the development time for RDR2 was 8 (eight) years. Can you even imagine working even half of that time in constant crunch?
    Honestly I think its pretty mental how detached from reality your perspective is, no-one likes to work 70-80 hrs a week in any job but the reality is they have to. Many, many people work this amount permanently doing the worst fucking jobs you could imagine, multiple jobs. All I am saying is that in the grander scheme of things doing overtime for a deadline in a job you purpose to love is not that bad.

lol, one of the nicer cities in europe. get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    This failed attempt at a retort is almost as depressing as the blackened walls of Edinburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

This failed attempt at a retort is almost as depressing as the blackened walls of Edinburgh.
    Shio is a dumb cunt but it actually is by most accounts a great city afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Shio is a dumb cunt but it actually is by most accounts a great city afaik.
    what is bants
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Honestly I think its pretty mental how detached from reality your perspective is, no-one likes to work 70-80 hrs a week in any job but the reality is they have to. Many, many people work this amount permanently doing the worst fucking jobs you could imagine, multiple jobs. All I am saying is that in the grander scheme of things doing overtime for a deadline in a job you purpose to love is not that bad.
    Don't think I'm not aware a lot of people are working multiple jobs which total to ridiculous amounts of hours. What I'm saying is you should never treat it as normal. Acceptance is the first step, wtf is next, global 80h/week work weeks for a burger?

Yes, you can do it, yes, you should do it if there's no other alternative, but one should never even attempt as accepting this as the normal way of things. FGS.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Has anyone picked this up on PCMASTERRACE yet? Waiting for the Steam version myself, but how is it running?

I got it.

Running fine so far, no bugs and good framerate in 1080p with medium settings.

Lots of annoying guff you have to install beforehand and you have to have the most up to date graphics drivers but I am overall pretty happy.

Patching at breakneck pace apparently so it's gonna be silky smooth by the steam release, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Has anyone picked this up on PCMASTERRACE yet? Waiting for the Steam version myself, but how is it running?
    Got it on Xbox, so im not gonna throw money away to buy it one more time.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Got it on Xbox, so im not gonna throw money away to buy it one more time.
    They are going to sell it for the third time on nextgen, too.
    Rockstar got their development cycle down real nice.

Been buying the last two GTA games on Xbox first and then on PC so it's almost like a tradition. Rockstar Social Club can DIAF though.

Picked it up on Steam as my xmas entertainment.
    I don't really see any of the stuff people been complaining about, maybe because I decided to wait before getting the PC edition.

I'm the worst gunslinger in the west, not as in a bad guy, just generally bad at hitting my mark...
    But I am pretty damn good at hijacking coaches and selling them for a premium price.

What annoys me, I got tons of money.
    But can't buy new weapons because they are locked for unknown reasons.
    (Storywise I have just been down in Blackwater on a rescue op)
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Picked it up on Steam as my xmas entertainment.
    I don't really see any of the stuff people been complaining about, maybe because I decided to wait before getting the PC edition.

I'm the worst gunslinger in the west, not as in a bad guy, just generally bad at hitting my mark...
    But I am pretty damn good at hijacking coaches and selling them for a premium price.

What annoys me, I got tons of money.
    But can't buy new weapons because they are locked for unknown reasons.
    (Storywise I have just been down in Blackwater on a rescue op)
    Yeah, many of the better guns and higher tiered weapons are gated behind missions. Need to complete various missions like hunting buffaloo and some pew pew before unlocking the bolt action rifle and the sniper rifle.

See - that's not how it's supposed to work in the wild west.

“What, no I cannot sell you a rifle suitable for hunting buffaloes before you have killed some buffaloes! What insanity is this!”

I got a sniper rifle from the sheep thingy.
    But no charles around anymore to hunt with in the southern camp.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

IIRC most weapons are unlocked by about half way through the main campaign.

I went back from Rhodes to Emerald Ranch, to farm money.
    Sniping wagons right outside the ranch, and fencing them for 40 dollars a piece.

Around 15-20 wagons in 30min.

And howcome the value on gold bars went from 500 to 300 dollars?

Gold ingots are $300, gold bars are $500.

There's no point farming for cash - there's a specific mission in the (very) early midgame that'll drop about 3 grand on you for nearly no effort, making a mockery of the remainder of the game's plotline and economy in the process. Once you've got all the camp upgrades (which you should do asap) and guns and upgrades (likewise) there's literally nothing else to spend money on. You need about $1500 total and everything after that is pointless.

Also, as much as you're meant to be an outlaw the game is unequivocally worse when you play as an outlaw. If you're racking up bad karma and bounties by hijacking wagons for a measly $40 a piece you're going to have a thoroughly unpleasant time for the remainder of the game. The whole wanted system and good/bad karma systems are completely fucking broken.

whisper it quietly: rdr2 is not actually a particularly good game.