hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: TMA: Zurich CANCELLED

  1. #1
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,499

    TMA: Zurich CANCELLED

    Going to see one of my favorite bands at the Helsinki club tomorrow night and think I'll spend the weekend in Zurich, anyone got any suggestions for stuff to do?

    edit: well I got food poisoning or something and been puking nonstop so there's a weekend ruined thanks for the tips though
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; October 13 2018 at 12:46:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,912
    Kill yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  3. #3
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,499
    Well that's not very nice

  4. #4
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,912
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  5. #5
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,971
    You gonna get raped
    (financially)
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  6. #6
    Amantus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    i afiuhagsfksdfdjafkfjg am a fag
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Going to see one of my favorite bands at the Helsinki club tomorrow night and think I'll spend the weekend in Zurich, anyone got any suggestions for stuff to do?
    what band
    MAX damage posting

  7. #7
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    You gonna get raped
    (financially)
    +1
    Zurich is beautiful to walk around if the weather is nice.
    Boot up Ingress and you gonna see great things.

  8. #8
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Going to see one of my favorite bands at the Helsinki club tomorrow night and think I'll spend the weekend in Zurich, anyone got any suggestions for stuff to do?
    what band
    Men I Trust, Indie band from Montreal

    Ingress is a good idea actually thanks

  9. #9
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,111
    Where to start? The supermarket dance club is right next door. The whole shebang is a couple of blocks away from the long street (Langstrasse). If you're into it, I'll buy you a ridiculously expensive craft beer at the international beer bar. They open at 5pm so I don't know what your timetable is like. If you take the number 4 Tram around the corner from the Helsinki, and go to Limmatplatz, you can amble down the Langstrasse, stopping off for Booze at the Mata Hari and excellent Kebab at the appropriately named Best Kebab. You can also see the old city (but I can't stand it), which also one or two good bars from the times when it was Zurich's night out place, and chill at the lake. etc etc. There's a whole shitload of stuff to do, from expensive to fucking ridiculous.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  10. #10

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,033
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    There's a whole shitload of stuff to do, from expensive to fucking ridiculously expensive.
    FYP

    I'd recommend lunch and/or dinner at Storchen. The view is nice. German beer it at Bauschänzli.

    Or take a boat ride across the lake to Rapperswil. Nice monastery with a rosegarten.
    Last edited by Don Rumata; October 12 2018 at 07:53:42 PM.

  11. #11
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,395
    Be prepared to have your preconceptions about what constitutes expensive readjusted.

    Been to Basel once and paying €20 for a Subway sandwich + drink + cookie was nuts (the same thing would be less than half that in Germany at the time). And Basel is considerably cheaper than the rest of the country.

    Nice to visit, and I do need to see Zurich. But it's heavy on the wallet.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  12. #12

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Be prepared to have your preconceptions about what constitutes expensive readjusted.

    Been to Basel once and paying €20 for a Subway sandwich + drink + cookie was nuts (the same thing would be less than half that in Germany at the time). And Basel is considerably cheaper than the rest of the country.
    Going to Basel and eating at Subway?!? What, WaffleHouse was closed?

  13. #13
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    There's a whole shitload of stuff to do, from expensive to fucking ridiculously expensive.
    FYP

    I'd recommend lunch and/or dinner at Storchen. The view is nice. German beer it at Bauschänzli.

    Or take a boat ride across the lake to Rapperswil. Nice monastery with a rosegarten.
    Which normal human would actually eat at a five star hotel in Zürich? The beer in Bauschänzli is nothing special. Every other bar has either Turbinenbräu or Amboss, two city breweries who make much better beer than the commercial stuff. You want an affordable lakeside drink? The Rote Fabrik. An affordable and absolutely amazing lakeside meal? Rote Fabrik or Fischers Fritz.

    Zürich is expensive, but you can also overdo it.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  14. #14
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,043
    How much is a beer in Zurich then?



  15. #15
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    How much is a beer in Zurich then?
    I think you need a passport to find out.

  16. #16
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,499
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    There's a whole shitload of stuff to do, from expensive to fucking ridiculously expensive.
    FYP

    I'd recommend lunch and/or dinner at Storchen. The view is nice. German beer it at Bauschänzli.

    Or take a boat ride across the lake to Rapperswil. Nice monastery with a rosegarten.
    Which normal human would actually eat at a five star hotel in Zürich? The beer in Bauschänzli is nothing special. Every other bar has either Turbinenbräu or Amboss, two city breweries who make much better beer than the commercial stuff. You want an affordable lakeside drink? The Rote Fabrik. An affordable and absolutely amazing lakeside meal? Rote Fabrik or Fischers Fritz.

    Zürich is expensive, but you can also overdo it.
    Well the walk in clinics are pretty cheap compared to what I'm used to... so at least there's that.

  17. #17
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    How much is a beer in Zurich then?
    $7.70 according to this link:

    https://www.handelszeitung.ch/zurich...besonders-viel

    Compared to Berlin its nearly twice as much ($3.90).

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  18. #18
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    How much is a beer in Zurich then?
    Depends, in the cheapo supermarket chain Denner, Corona is about $7 for a sixpack. In a standard bar a beer is between $3.50 and $4.50 and for imported craft beers about $10 bucks or more.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  19. #19
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    How much is a beer in Zurich then?
    Depends, in the cheapo supermarket chain Denner, Corona is about $7 for a sixpack. In a standard bar a beer is between $3.50 and $4.50 and for imported craft beers about $10 bucks or more.
    So about the same as it is here then. You haven't lived until you've paid $15 for a Bud Light at a show.
    meh

  20. #20
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,971
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    How much is a beer in Zurich then?
    I think you need a passport to find out.
    Boooooosh
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •