hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 129

Thread: Pearl Abyss buying CCP

  1. #41
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,646
    It would be nice if they mirrored it at 2006, i'd probably play again then.

    Also what the hell are skill injectors?

  2. #42
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,741
    buying skillpoints

  3. #43
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,646
    Bloody hell they actually did that? Fuck that's really bad.

  4. #44
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Ow, almost forgot. Obviously, stop selling PLEX for 4-6 months.
    You're thinking PLEX prices will go up?
    It better. I've got a batch of 5m units put aside for the inevitable turmoil. Every ISK is sacred.

    It would be interesting if there would be no emotional market reactions, that would be a huge sign to CCP that conditions are indeed perfect to push on quickly.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  5. #45
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,524
    o7

    They could have at least sold to Wargaming or to Paradox. Fuck, EA abd ActiBlizz would likely be bettet.

    But it was going this way for a long time. We gave enough money to CCP, and they spent it on WOD, walking in stations, Dust, and how many other failed projects. Actually Dust got released, that was a plus. Oh and Valkyrie also.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,617
    Dust was released on a console which already had its successor announced and Valkyrie was on a platform only half a dozen people actually own. The fact you consider those big wins for CCP is pretty telling about their attempts to diversify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  7. #47
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,646
    Did they ever flesh the ambulation stuff out?

  8. #48
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Did they ever flesh the ambulation stuff out?
    They ripped it out in the end, not even a closet left.

  9. #49
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Did they ever flesh the ambulation stuff out?
    They ripped it out in the end, not even a closet left.
    That’s pretty shocking, there should be counterstrike in stations by now.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    May 10, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,612
    Is it still possible to cash out of EVE? I probably have 100b worth of shit. Need a big fat whale to wire me a couple hundred bucks.

  11. #51
    Donor Mynxee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    EvE-Scout Enclave
    Posts
    1,310
    One of my corpmates made the good point that by acquiring CCP and the EVE IP, Pearl (either via CCP or not) would now be able to spin off various EVE mobile games. Given the nature of the EVE community, that is probably their best chance of crazy profits since the p2w model is ubiquitous already in such games. A lot of EVE players would play EVE mobile games (maybe including the one CCP has been working on for a couple of years now) and plenty of them would pony up cash for stuff and things in those games. So maybe EVE the MMO will just coast along with ongoing improvements as we have been seeing and simply serve as the anchor for more consumable mobile products that will embrace p2w. Just thinking optimistically here

  12. #52
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    o7

    They could have at least sold to Wargaming or to Paradox. Fuck, EA abd ActiBlizz would likely be bettet.

    But it was going this way for a long time. We gave enough money to CCP, and they spent it on WOD, walking in stations, Dust, and how many other failed projects. Actually Dust got released, that was a plus. Oh and Valkyrie also.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    They, and others, didn't want CCP. Some wanted EVE. But not CCP.



    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Did they ever flesh the ambulation stuff out?

    Boob physics.


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Is it still possible to cash out of EVE? I probably have 100b worth of shit. Need a big fat whale to wire me a couple hundred bucks.

    Not yet. Serenity is the test case for that kind of thing.




    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxee View Post
    One of my corpmates made the good point that by acquiring CCP and the EVE IP, Pearl (either via CCP or not) would now be able to spin off various EVE mobile games. Given the nature of the EVE community, that is probably their best chance of crazy profits since the p2w model is ubiquitous already in such games. A lot of EVE players would play EVE mobile games (maybe including the one CCP has been working on for a couple of years now) and plenty of them would pony up cash for stuff and things in those games. So maybe EVE the MMO will just coast along with ongoing improvements as we have been seeing and simply serve as the anchor for more consumable mobile products that will embrace p2w. Just thinking optimistically here

    Yeah that's one of the lure points. You can be awesome again! And the whole art crowd angle.


    But that's more geared towards PA, thus Asian focus. Whether CCP gets to really do something with that commercially, depends on what PA decides. I would not bank on CCP being allowed to do much, they are an asset, not a company. They follow directives, do the work, are allowed a portion of marketing, but that is really it.


    EVE will pony on anyway :P Keep in mind there's differences in business mindsets though. PA emphasises mobile, but does not distinguish between income streams, all serve equally to the bottom line.

    EVE as anchor is something of an in house narrative as I understand. But well, short term, long term, inequal relation.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  13. #53
    Donor Mynxee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    EvE-Scout Enclave
    Posts
    1,310
    CCP's official AMA thread on their acquisition by Pearl Abyss is up in their official forums.

  14. #54
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxee View Post
    CCP's official AMA thread on their acquisition by Pearl Abyss is up in their official forums.
    You have to love how they first spend effort to break up EVE's community, then to fracture information streams, then to push participation on official forums down, and then to pop up there again while everyone in turmoil is gone apeshit elsewhere.

    One might actually go paranoid and think there would be a well planned communications and marketing plan in place for product packaging and corporate acquisition :P



    Kinda funny the attempts of 0-post alts popping up with scripted questions. Oh well, boob physics > all

    Right dear?
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  15. #55
    Donor Mynxee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    EvE-Scout Enclave
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxee View Post
    CCP's official AMA thread on their acquisition by Pearl Abyss is up in their official forums.
    You have to love how they first spend effort to break up EVE's community, then to fracture information streams, then to push participation on official forums down, and then to pop up there again while everyone in turmoil is gone apeshit elsewhere.

    One might actually go paranoid and think there would be a well planned communications and marketing plan in place for product packaging and corporate acquisition :P



    Kinda funny the attempts of 0-post alts popping up with scripted questions. Oh well, boob physics > all

    Right dear?
    Heh. Well it's possible they just want to make sure only those with actual accounts can respond. Sure it's not hard to make an alpha account these days but it's at least a slight effort to keep the conversation confined to actual account-holding "players".

    Besides which, it is only logical to hold such conversations on a platform they control/own rather than a third party site.
    Last edited by Mynxee; September 7 2018 at 05:44:20 PM. Reason: added thought

  16. #56
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,201
    Yup, and control is the aim :-)

    It's alright. They seem to be handling things well enough. This is marketing basically.


    Seems to me it says a lot how little shitposting there actually is. Compare this to circumstances prior to the summer of rage thing. Normalisation has done its job.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  17. #57
    Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,201
    Wake me up if Falcon suddenly decides to answer tougher questions in that AMA please.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  18. #58
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    It's alright. They seem to be handling things well enough. This is marketing basically.
    It was never going to be a real AMA, most questions the players will have are things CCP cant/wont answer. Falcon and Guard are regular employees so its not like they're have going to have in depth knowledge of the deal.

    Plus most players only want one thing; for CCP to promise PA isnt going to force their BDO monetizing tactics onto eve. CCP cant make that promise because they have no control over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Seems to me it says a lot how little shitposting there actually is. Compare this to circumstances prior to the summer of rage thing. Normalisation has done its job.
    No amount of shitposting or rage quitting is going to stop the deal from happening. Money talks, if/when PA starts telling CCP to add more MT/p2w/etc mass unsubs may force plans to change or perhaps the whales spending more will offset in the lost subs in which case theres nothing that can be done and unsubbing & playing something else is the way to go.

    Best option for the community now is to wait and see. (and moving from yearly to shorter subscription cycles lol )



  19. #59
    Marlona Sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Wake me up if Falcon suddenly decides to answer tougher questions in that AMA please.
    Never going to happen.

  20. #60
    Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    300' AGL
    Posts
    5,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    It's alright. They seem to be handling things well enough. This is marketing basically.
    It was never going to be a real AMA, most questions the players will have are things CCP cant/wont answer. Falcon and Guard are regular employees so its not like they're have going to have in depth knowledge of the deal.

    Plus most players only want one thing; for CCP to promise PA isnt going to force their BDO monetizing tactics onto eve. CCP cant make that promise because they have no control over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Seems to me it says a lot how little shitposting there actually is. Compare this to circumstances prior to the summer of rage thing. Normalisation has done its job.
    No amount of shitposting or rage quitting is going to stop the deal from happening. Money talks, if/when PA starts telling CCP to add more MT/p2w/etc mass unsubs may force plans to change or perhaps the whales spending more will offset in the lost subs in which case theres nothing that can be done and unsubbing & playing something else is the way to go.

    Best option for the community now is to wait and see. (and moving from yearly to shorter subscription cycles lol )
    Yeah sticking to my 3mo sub cycle now.

    Also

    Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that a majority of a f2p/p2w game's income tends to come from whales. The normal layman doesn't pay or shit or very little. So even if you did unsub the amount whales are going to throw money at the thing would offset your protest.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •