hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Abyss buying CCP

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    where were u when hilmar sold eve for a yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    So CCP's penchant for wasting money has finally caught up to them. Heres hoping it leads to no more Hilmar at the helm.

One good piece of news is that it is leading Grath to quit, so at the moment its win/win.
    Until I see otherwise I won't complain just yet about P2W mechanics that haven't made it in the game yet.
    undergarments for your character that give you increased loot drop chance incoming
    Family accounts, afk earning, eve version of wow followers, etc.
    Mounts!

Well, I’d pay $$$ for an actual Slaver Hound that I could teach tricks to and stuff. As well as a goddam (non-Hello-Kitty) grunge pink SKIN for my Astero.

(Also, hi everyone. How ya doin.)

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxee View Post
    Well, I’d pay $$$ for an actual Slaver Hound that I could teach tricks to and stuff. As well as a goddam (non-Hello-Kitty) grunge pink SKIN for my Astero.

And fuck you too for enabling them :P

You minx. Also, you barbarian. Every civilised person knows cats > dogs any time of day or night.

I'd kinda like a hello kitty skin though .. might actually make me lose my skin virginity.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

You know what? This is great! Eve was on a long downward slide anyways with injectors, 500 PLEX change, Rorquals Online, etc. We all know it. PA can't really do any worse than CCP can at this point. If they screw it up then call it a day, stop your subs, and move on to another game just as you were going to if CCP held on for 5 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    You know what? This is great! Eve was on a long downward slide anyways with injectors, 500 PLEX change, Rorquals Online, etc. We all know it. PA can't really do any worse than CCP can at this point. If they screw it up then call it a day, stop your subs, and move on to another game just as you were going to if CCP held on for 5 more years.
    PA expect CCP to deliver or no cash.

Sure, this was the last option to pass EVE on, and it didn't work. Instead of packaging and selling EVE to sail towards greener pastures and be awesome again the baby and the mother got sold :-)

But this puts a historic atypical pressure on CCP as a studio, which it is now. Those doing the actual work will feel that. Especially with Art running the show. So, in the past when CCP came under pressure, how did that end?

Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

That's not bad going to get that much money for a 15 year old computer game.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    That's not bad going to get that much money for a 15 year old computer game.
    It's not a bad payday. Consider the original Novatur stake and work that out for ROI. Decent enough.

But it is far below original expectations. The slap of financial targets is a hard one as well. This is a classic contract between unequal parties where the asset itself gains nothing other than potential liquidity based on tech transfer.

The really funny bit is that it actually is quite over value. So in a way it is a very Icelandic deal done well. That said, I do think that in the end CCP will have misjudged the mindset of their new owners thoroughly. Payday makes that irrelevant to the recipients however.

You minx. Also, you barbarian. Every civilised person knows cats > dogs any time of day or night.

I'd kinda like a hello kitty skin though .. might actually make me lose my skin virginity.
    Ha! I don’t care anymore what CCP does with EVE...that ship sailed long ago...8 years ago in fact. My year on the CSM eventually taught me to treat EVE like a game, not a cause. I’ve been much happier about EVE and CCP since getting that balance right.

But hey, I agree with you that cats are > dogs :P

Ha! I don’t care anymore what CCP does with EVE...that ship sailed long ago...8 years ago in fact. My year on the CSM eventually taught me to treat EVE like a game, not a cause. I’ve been much happier about EVE and CCP since getting that balance right.

But hey, I agree with you that cats are > dogs :P
    Indeed.

But hey, payday. :-)

It is kind of ironic though, that year of CSM very nearly resulted in CCP not dropping the emergent dynamic model. If it hadn't been for the emotional reactions to the Summer of Rage thing, this year would have been a very different year. That is what gave Hilmar what he needed. Actually, the last 3 would have been fundamentally different.

But it is what it is. Hey, if people can have fun, good for them. Just keep in mind, if pets do come in EVE, or that *other* thing, remember that in BDO you can't really do without them and you can only get them in one way :-)

To be honest, I'm not worried for EVE. It'll be a year or two before real change kicks in. Who knows what will have changed by then. Who knows, maybe you'll have proper internet in the woods you live in :P

To be honest, I'm not worried for EVE. It'll be a year or two before real change kicks in. Who knows what will have changed by then. Who knows, maybe you'll have proper internet in the woods you live in :P
    More likely I’ll kick the bucket before that ever happens :P

Back on topic, I am interested to see how things play out within and for EVE in CCP’s new situation and whether/how content development priorities might shift (new microtransactions aside). Guess we’ll find out eventually.

More likely I’ll kick the bucket before that ever happens :P

Back on topic, I am interested to see how things play out within and for EVE in CCP’s new situation and whether/how content development priorities might shift (new microtransactions aside). Guess we’ll find out eventually.
    Well, from everything that is being tossed around, I've actually only seen one bit where people have figured out quite a bit. Oddly enough, on Reddit. There's a few smart cookies in the devblog feedback thread, but overall it is the to be expected mindless venting, necessary for the AMA to be scripted without signals noise. A lot of people prepping for that with masks :P

It'll be a while. PA needs a bunch of things from CCP first before the relationship will start to change and it becomes one directional.

Tonight on the news: jacking up profits by doubling the playerbase or by squeezing twice as much from the existing one? No report necessary, you guessed it already. Here's Tom with the sports, Tom?

Tom quit.

Injectors. Influx of Chinese players from Serenity. Purchase by PA.

That's an amazing combo.

Can I really be the first one to post

Eve: Royale

?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

I don't even care anymore.

Ow, almost forgot. Obviously, stop selling PLEX for 4-6 months.
    You're thinking PLEX prices will go up?
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

So, this is finally the end?