hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Grr chrome halp

Grr chrome halp

It seems every single website in existence wants me to turn on notifications so they can spam me with their retarded bullshit and i don't want any of them and im getting pretty tired of the annoying popup.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to block the "Would you like notifications" popup in the current version of chrome?

I've googled around a few times and most guides for turning them off have an older options screens, under notifications ive already changed the "Ask before sending" to "Blocked" but still i get the fucking requests.

I use Ad block plus for general ad blocking but it doesn't have an option to block notifications.

Has anyone else here run into the same issue? Is there a better Ad blocker? Is there a better browser? Halp.

Can't help with the notifications thing, but I personally switch from AdBlock+ to uMatrix (on FF) some time ago.

And after being quite irritated initially about how that thing is supposed to work, I must say I find it better than AdBlock+. Specifically that it let's my tailor the blocking to such a detail, that websites that won't grant you access with an adblocker, can be fooled to let you few the content while still block most of the ads/trackers on them.

Can't help with the notifications thing, but I personally switched from AdBlock+ to uMatrix (on FF) some time ago.

And after being quite irritated initially about how that thing is supposed to work, I must say I find it better than AdBlock+. Specifically that it let's me tailor the blocking to such a detail, that websites that won't grant you access with an adblocker, can be fooled to let you view the content while still block most of the ads/trackers on them.

Settings -> Content Settings -> Notifications, switch the setting from "Ask before..." to "Blocked."

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Settings -> Content Settings -> Notifications, switch the setting from "Ask before..." to "Blocked."

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    I've googled around a few times and most guides for turning them off have an older options screens, under notifications ive already changed the "Ask before sending" to "Blocked" but still i get the fucking requests.
    Already did that, it doesnt do shit for me, hence my problem.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Apparently Chrome is moving the notifications to the windongs notification area, so maybe you'll son be able to bloc them in windows.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...action-center/
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Apparently Chrome is moving the notifications to the windongs notification area, so maybe you'll son be able to bloc them in windows.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...action-center/
    Jesus christ this is going to end up being even more annoying as they will probably stay there after you have browsed away from the site..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.